Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

th-4.jpeg

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

Any out there? PM me...

#3 6 years ago

Got 10k?

#4 6 years ago

my retailer got 3. they told me they had to make a couple very heated calls to Stern to get those 3 that were promised (1 is mine). Stern tried to cut them out totally. What is that all about? a long time retailer. bueller? u guys who are retailers have my sympathy. amazing.

#5 6 years ago

What's a MOPLE?

#6 6 years ago

MOPLE the one and only MASTER OF PUPPETS LE

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

What's a MOPLE?

I know the "What is MOPLE?" keeps coming up from people who say, "There's only one LE. No need to distinguish like BIB and LTBR."

Although there is only one, Stern had decided to give it a special name. They could have just called it Metallica LE, like Tron LE, but they didn't. They called it Master of Puppets, so MOPLE is the proper acronym

#8 6 years ago

We'll just have to wait & see what Stern stamps on the shipping box. I'm guessing it will say MET LE.

#9 6 years ago

Just get a Premium (Dirty Donny) and save some cash....

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Just get a Premium (Dirty Donny) and save some cash....

agreed, the LE is such a waste this time around I still don't know what the deal is with the $ 9-10K, there is nothing worthwhile on the LE that the Premium doesn't have. If you absolutely have to have one your going to have to pony up at the very least $ 8500 when you could take that extra $ 2100+ and put it towards yet another game.

#11 6 years ago

The LE was a waste with AC/DC also. That didn't stop it from going way up in price. It doesn't matter that you don't get value for the money with the LE, there will be people that want it just because it's limited.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from Ninefingers:

The LE was a waste with AC/DC also. That didn't stop it from going way up in price. It doesn't matter that you don't get value for the money with the LE, there will be people that want it just because it's limited.

Now the prices on bible & ltbr are going down since it's a waste except for a plaque and side rails. I frankly could care what people want or buy, but it's silly to chase the LE in this case. It doesn't even come with a shaker or anything specific gameplay wise to the game. I could see MAYBE dropping the extra coin for limited edition stuff, but what's LE on this game ? again a plaque and cabinet chrome ? 2K for that at this point is plain dumb, except of course to say to your buddies " Hey I got the incredible LE" . Get a premium donny and call it a day add some chrome body work for a few hundo and go take a weekend with your wife in a 5 star resort with all the $$ left over.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

Now the prices on bible & ltbr are going down since it's a waste except for a plaque and side rails. I frankly could care what people want or buy, but it's silly to chase the LE in this case. It doesn't even come with a shaker or anything specific gameplay wise to the game. I could see MAYBE dropping the extra coin for limited edition stuff, but what's LE on this game ? again a plaque and cabinet chrome ? 2K for that at this point is plain dumb, except of course to say to your buddies " Hey I got the incredible LE" . Get a premium donny and call it a day add some chrome body work for a few hundo and go take a weekend with your wife in a 5 star resort with all the $$ left over.

I realize the LE package isn't for everyone, but I absolutely love the LE artwork and mirrored backglasses on the Master of Puppets LE AND the BIBLE. I also have a Tron LE, but I got in at a very early price way back in the day before the absurd price. I didn't have to pay a very big premium for my LE's, so I guess I'm lucky. No way I'd pay the huge prices they command now days, but I understand why people want them.

Same could be said for CC before CCC came out. A very shallow game rules wise, and it was more about a "Hey, I got a CC"! than it was about having a great game. Same could be said for BBB. But people want them in their collection and are willing to pay the prices. For a CC, you could have 3 awesome games, right? Why own a CC?

#14 6 years ago

RTLLE is the one to have.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Really ? Is this the invisible LE ?

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Ya I would have to agree.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Really ? Is this the invisible LE ?

Yes thats why it' so popular!

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

Now the prices on bible & ltbr are going down since it's a waste except for a plaque and side rails.

Actually, I see the prices on almost all machines going down currently, so Im not sure how you tie that only to LE prices on BIBLE and LTBR coming down because they are a waste.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

What's a MOPLE?

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

HEH ??

What about the real backglass, 12" sub, and shaker. When you add in the trim and plaques it no way in hell a waste.

For the smart people that took a educated risk on AC/DC being a hot title an LE was only 500 more than a premium. You can get them all day long for 6k . Current price on BIBLE are 12k and LTBR at 9.5k .

Yep we wasted our money. I take that all day long. Thats why I got in early on AC/DC, MOPLE, and will be on Star trek. Better than money in the bank!!!

#21 6 years ago

Too bad you didn't want a METLE.

#22 6 years ago

How much is the premium?

#23 6 years ago

Metallica Fans are crazy about thier gear. They must have the best.

Checkout this Ebay listing for Metallica SF Giants baseball hat. 91.00 and still going.

ebay.com link

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

HEH ??
What about the real backglass, 12" sub, and shaker. When you add in the trim and plaques it no way in hell a waste.
For the smart people that took a educated risk on AC/DC being a hot title an LE was only 500 more than a premium. You can get them all day long for 6k . Current price on BIBLE are 12k and LTBR at 9.5k .
Yep we wasted our money. I take that all day long. Thats why I got in early on AC/DC, MOPLE, and will be on Star Trek. Better than money in the bank!!!

My point is at the time of ordering these LE's maybe the 500-700 price upgrade is justified, NOT a month after release when every Tom Dick & Harry are liquidating them for thousands more. It's just stupid to overpay for basically the same games. BIBLES are not 12K except maybe on mars.

#25 6 years ago

Are you sure about BIBLES not being 12k ? I orginally ordered a BIBLE but changed to a LTBR as I felt the back glass looked terrible. From a value aspect I made a mistake but since its staying in my collection the LTBR is stunning.

As for price that is just the way the ball bounces. Sometimes you win sometimes not . For every hot title you have a bunch of dogs. Its rolling the dice but thats the risk / reward factor.

Xmen, TF, Avengers, Avatar, and Stones are considered by many ( not myself ) to be turds. On the other hand Ac/Dc, Tron, and MOPLE are Hot.

I try to stay with a designer/code/theme combo when making my decision to preorder. Any metal theme will sell and Lymon doing the code are huge 2 pluses. Borg is unconventional on play field layout which made preorder the big unknown. I took a chance and preordered. He stuck with a fan layout so I feel it will be a great pin.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

What's a MOPLE?

Why do folks get so worked up over pin acronyms when they are not what they think it should be? Metallica Master of Puppets Limited Edition is and forever will be referred to as MoPLE.
Learn it! Know it! Live it!

#27 6 years ago

Learn it! Know it! Live it!

I'm still holding out for the KEALE, dude.

th-4.jpeg

#29 6 years ago

Expect to pay close to $10k right now.Pinballs.com had some.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I know the "What is MOPLE?" keeps coming up from people who say, "There's only one LE. No need to distinguish like BIB and LTBR."
Although there is only one, Stern had decided to give it a special name. They could have just called it Metallica LE, like TRON LE, but they didn't. They called it Master of Puppets, so MOPLE is the proper acronym

Should we call the Premium METDDE?

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

That works! Is this the first premium with two choices?

#32 6 years ago

It will be interesting to see how Stern labels the box; MOPLE / METLE / MET LE

I think once they are rec'vd... Stern will set the bar, from the box.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

It will be interesting to see how Stern labels the box; MOPLE / METLE / MET LE
I think once they are rec'vd... Stern will set the bar, from the box.

Kerry, if the box says METLE, I'm still announcing "Sparky's MOPLE Unboxing Party," and you'll still come

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

good call

#35 6 years ago

The cheapest you will find a mop right now is 9k but most people are wanting 10k. I have a feeling if you are patient you may be able to get 1 for 8500ish when they first ship as I'm sure a few people might be selling to turn a quick 1-1.5k.

After the quick flips are done who knows what will happen? If I had to guess assuming the game is good it will be 10k-11k until the premiums ship then it will stabilize or drop a little. If the code isnt that good or not close to complete like xmen was you may see price come down to 8k ish but I don't think it would go below that even if the game is a dud.

Of course I thought hulk les would be going for 8k huo about now and they can be found for 6-6.5 and there were only 250 of those made.

I think the tight shots on avengers and xmen has negatively impacted its popularity with casual p,ayers/collectors and Metallica looks almost as tight. This could affect the value. tron LE and acdc LE both have a lot more flow to them which I think has helped their popularity which has caused price to go up. Could this be a pattern developing or just coincidence?

#36 6 years ago

On the surface, it doesn't look like it will be as popular as AC/DC.

You may see more flips than normal with this LE.

#38 6 years ago

Every machine has it's haters. This one will be no different. As far as price is concerned, I don't care one way or the other if my MOPLE/METLE goes up or down because it is not going anywhere.

The one thing I can say about this pin is that I really don't think it will ever go down in price - as the poster above said - Metallica has a legion of fans worldwide that will PAY to have band memorabilia. I think music pins will ALWAYS stand the test of time simply due to fan-base and the opportunities outside the collecting communities. In today's market - themes are almost more important than actual gameplay - the average buyer (not pinsiders) are enamoured by the themes.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Kerry, if the box says METLE, I'm still announcing "Sparky's MOPLE Unboxing Party," and you'll still come

Great Thanks!

I may be a little late, as I need to get your "Congratulations" banner changed.

#40 6 years ago

Never say never about prices going down.Hulk LE sold out is less than 1 day and now look at it's value.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Never say never about prices going down.Hulk LE sold out is less than 1 day and now look at it's value.

You need to compare Met to ACDC not Gomez Green Comicbook pin. There are millions more Metal fans.

Its METLE!

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

It could also go other way to or stay the same. I am amazed on how so many people are so polarized regarding this game positive or negitive.

We won't know until its out and been played with the final code.

#43 6 years ago

Hit eggbert up, he's a selling speculator.

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

It sold out from Stern maybe but distributors still had them for weeks after that (some still have a few Hulks left NIB).....Only the ones that were looking to flip Metallica for a big profit still have them now.

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

It sold out from Stern maybe but distributors still had them for weeks after that (some still have a few Hulks left NIB).....Only the ones that were looking to flip Metallica for a big profit still have them now.

Man, I agree with Smassa for once! Holy crap.

#46 6 years ago

OP: Get a premium

Within a few years, we'll be seeing 4-5 new pins per year and there will be a very small window for spec flipping, increasing the risk. Let those with 'instant gratification' syndrome pay the crazy prices. The rest of us should just be patient or get a premium where we don't have to worry about it.

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

OP: Get a premium
Within a few years, we'll be seeing 4-5 new pins per year and there will be a very small window for spec flipping, increasing the risk. Let those with 'instant gratification' syndrome pay the crazy prices. The rest of us should just be patient or get a premium where we don't have to worry about it.

= Market correction.

1 week later
#49 6 years ago

i have mine, but live in france and the price is definitely higher here about 8450 euro (11k usd)

normal price and people are searching here already, i might sell it because my wife prefere's the donny

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from zpeakabonk:

i have mine, but live in france and the price is definitely higher here about 8450 euro (11k usd)
normal price and people are searching here already, i might sell it because my wife prefere's the donny

Wow! Seems like the demand in Europe is real high as well. You will have to give us a review of the LE when you get it...

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside