IMG_7592.JPG
IMG_7591.JPG
IMG_7590.JPG
IMG_4437.JPG
IMG_4436.JPG
IMG_4435.JPG
MP_Monster Translite.jpg

#1 9 years ago

I just picked up a MET Pro ...and want to get a MET premium mosters translite. Anyone know where I can get one?

#2 9 years ago

Sunday Bump.....looking for the below

MP_Monster Translite.jpgMP_Monster Translite.jpg

#3 9 years ago

You are going to need to find one on the secondary market since Stern will not sell this version "Monsters", only the Pro translite is available.

They don't come up very often, but the last few I have seen have been in the low to mid $200 range.

#4 9 years ago

Thanks for the info blimpy....your Swap Boxes are top notch

#5 9 years ago

You would think with Stern getting into selling mods that they would release this for purchase.

#6 9 years ago

Agreed, since there is money to be made

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from dug:

You would think with Stern getting into selling mods that they would release this for purchase.

Yeah, it's weird. I get not selling the LE backglasses, fair enough, but why not sell the Premium translites? I have a Star Trek Premium, and personally speaking I wouldn't be upset as an owner if Pro owners could buy the translite.

Not that I have my stock translite installed anymore.

#8 9 years ago

Everything non LE should be for sale...

#9 9 years ago

They don't sell the "Luci" premium translite either, but they do sell all other premium translites including Avengers premium that is rarely seen.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from dug:

I'm hoping it will happen eventually and I'm trying to stay patient. I bought a temporary placehoder custom translite that looked ok until I can get the one I really want like the OP.

Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah, it's weird. I get not selling the LE backglasses, fair enough, but why not sell the Premium translites?

I had this exact debate with the guy from Stern on the phone, can't remember what he said his name was. By the end of the conversation I felt like they don't really have any good reason why they're not selling it, that's just what what someone decided for whatever reason.

Here's how the conversation went:

After requesting my replacement hammer board I asked if I could buy a premium monsters translite for my premium roadcase. Of course he said no and also pointed out that they only sell the pro translite outright (not as a replacement for a damaged part).

I asked why not and he said they don't sell limited edition parts.

I reiterated that I wasn't asking for the LE backglass, just the premium translite that was not limited.

His response was that it was only intended for the premium games and not the pro.

I reminded him that I had a premium roadcase but preferred the monsters translite, which I pointed out seemed to be the opinion of most people. I also pointed out that it made no sense not to let buyers of their premium machines get the translite version they wanted (not including the LE backglass of course).

His response was they they didn't want people making mismatched games with parts from different editions in them. I quickly responded with "But you'll sell me the pro translite to put in my premium game.."

At that point I could tell he was getting annoyed, the type of annoyed where the person knows they have no good response but there's nothing they can do about it and just want the conversation to end. So I told him to forget about it.

Basically it seems to be some sort of control issue. They seem overly concerned with people mixing translites and cabinets in combinations that are different than what they released. Maybe they think the translite is part of what differntiates the premium from the pro so they don't want to take away from that. It doesn't really line up with the new strategy of not offering premiums but rather offering mods for the pro instead, so hopefully they eventually change their mind.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from EricR:

I'm hoping it will happen eventually and I'm trying to stay patient. I bought a temporary placehoder custom translite that looked ok until I can get the one I really want like the OP.

I had this exact debate with the guy from Stern on the phone, can't remember what he said his name was. By the end of the conversation I felt like they don't really have any good reason why they're not selling it, that's just what what someone decided for whatever reason.
Here's how the conversation went:
After requesting my replacement hammer board I asked if I could buy a premium monsters translite for my premium roadcase. Of course he said no and also pointed out that they only sell the pro translite outright (not as a replacement for a damaged part).
I asked why not and he said they don't sell limited edition parts.
I reiterated that I wasn't asking for the LE backglass, just the premium translite that was not limited.
His response was that it was only intended for the premium games and not the pro.
I reminded him that I had a premium roadcase but preferred the monsters translite, which I pointed out seemed to be the opinion of most people. I also pointed out that it made no sense not to let buyers of their premium machines get the translite version they wanted (not including the LE backglass of course).
His response was they they didn't want people making mismatched games with parts from different editions in them. I quickly responded with "But you'll sell me the pro translite to put in my premium game.."
At that point I could tell he was getting annoyed, the type of annoyed where the person knows they have no good response but there's nothing they can do about it and just want the conversation to end. So I told him to forget about it.
Basically it seems to be some sort of control issue. They seem overly concerned with people mixing translites and cabinets in combinations that are different than what they released. Maybe they think the translite is part of what differntiates the premium from the pro so they don't want to take away from that. It doesn't really line up with the new strategy of not offering premiums but rather offering mods for the pro instead, so hopefully they eventually change their mind.

That's hilarious. Thanks for posting. Sounds like you stumped him.

#12 9 years ago

I won this version of the Metallica translite in a Stern Facebook contest a few months ago. It came rolled up in mint condition and it's autographed by John Borg in silver Sharpie. Do you guys think that helps or hurts the value for someone looking to put it on their machine? I have a Met Pro, but actually like that backglass better than this version. I was thinking of getting it framed and displaying it, but if it's worth some bucks, maybe I'll try to sell it.

#13 9 years ago

That's a good question, I'm not sure. How big is the signature and where is it located? If he signed it in huge writing across the middle I probably wouldn't want it in the machine. If its reasonably sized in a good spot like the lower left corner then I could see it drawing a nice price to go in a machine.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

I won this version of the Metallica translite in a Stern Facebook contest a few months ago. It came rolled up in mint condition and it's autographed by John Borg in silver Sharpie. Do you guys think that helps or hurts the value for someone looking to put it on their machine? I have a Met Pro, but actually like that backglass better than this version. I was thinking of getting it framed and displaying it, but if it's worth some bucks, maybe I'll try to sell it.

I have one like this in my Met Pro. The autograph on mine is in gold Sharpie, but it's not too distracting, especially with the game on. I don't really notice it any more and I'd much rather have it than the original Pro translite.

If you don't plan on using it, put a price on it and offer it to the OP so it will go to good use.

IMG_4435.JPGIMG_4435.JPG
IMG_4436.JPGIMG_4436.JPG
IMG_4437.JPGIMG_4437.JPG

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Everything non LE should be for sale...

They are available but are scarce and pricey. Have seen a few recent sales for 350 and 400. Wouldnt consider selling my nos spare for less than 400. But you get the picture and be glad you are not looking for an le backglass.

#16 9 years ago

No idea what this is worth, but here is the signed translite I won in the Stern Facebook contest earlier this summer. It's in 100% mint condition and has the John Borg signature in the middle in silver Sharpie marker. I still don't know if I want to sell it, install it into my Met Pro, or frame it for my gameroom.

IMG_7590.JPGIMG_7590.JPG IMG_7591.JPGIMG_7591.JPG IMG_7592.JPGIMG_7592.JPG IMG_7593.JPGIMG_7593.JPG

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-met-monster-translite and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.