• Latest reply 11 years ago by RawleyD
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

66accobra3.jpg
million-dollar-bill.jpg

There are 116 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 11 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I'm not sure if anyone else is thinking this, and forgive me op if it's not the case, but given you are completely new out of the blue, post a very high price of one you bought with an instant fallout.... does anyone else get the feeling this a "trolling'ish" attempt to raise the price up even further for a soon to be posted sale?
If it's not, good luck, but I saw red flags all over the place when reading this.

I'm a believer in your thought process.

#52 11 years ago

One can never tell, but I sometimes dream of the day that I will be able to buy a MM
for a very reasonable price. That day may come, but I get the feeling that it will be in
the distant future.

Back to reality.

#53 11 years ago
Quoted from HeyYouSir:

One can never tell, but I sometimes dream of the day that I will be able to buy a MM
for a very reasonable price. That day may come, but I get the feeling that it will be in
the distant future.
Back to reality.

It will come... no one knows when but all markets correct themselves and get back to normal. Pinball will be no different.

#54 11 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

It will come... no one knows when but all markets correct themselves and get back to normal. Pinball will be no different.

I think Stern is going to have to "correct themselves" first before the older/used market does. Will this ever happen? $7k for crap LEs and keeps going up, at that rate MMs will never come down.

#55 11 years ago

triple post- sorry

#56 11 years ago

triple post- not my fault- servers taking a shit

#57 11 years ago

All I can say is when the market corrects itself, I will be buying a shitload of pins!

#58 11 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Then how much is a HUO HEP MM worth

million-dollar-bill.jpgmillion-dollar-bill.jpg

#59 11 years ago

I don't see a market correction happening anytime soon or at all.

#60 11 years ago

Yeah, these are fricken collectors items, not houses or stocks!

#61 11 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I'm not sure if anyone else is thinking this, and forgive me op if it's not the case, but given you are completely new out of the blue, post a very high price of one you bought with an instant fallout.... does anyone else get the feeling this a "trolling'ish" attempt to raise the price up even further for a soon to be posted sale?
If it's not, good luck, but I saw red flags all over the place when reading this.

yep i agree.
if its not the case, 18k better be HEP.

#62 11 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

does anyone else get the feeling this a "trolling'ish" attempt to raise the price up even further for a soon to be posted sale?

that was my initial thought. sorry, op, if that isn't the case.

#63 11 years ago

I'm just trying to figure out whats wrong with the one he already has!

#64 11 years ago

I'm from a console video game collector background like NES and SNES. People have been saying for years wait for the correction. Wait for the correction. And what happened? Games continued to rise and rise and absolutely exploded last year. Will it correct? I guess that depends on your idea of correcting. Prices will go up and down yes, in 10 years will MM be a $5K game or a $30K game? My bet is on the latter.

We are dealing with known quantities for the most part. Supply and Demand. Your days of the A list going for cheap are gone. Sure you'll have your finds here and there but for the most part you're paying a LOT of money to own anything on the A or B list. We are in the time of technology. A simple internet search or eBay search will give even the clueless sellers firepower to ask market value for their pins.

I'd compare MM to something like Earthbound for SNES. Maybe not an ideal comparison but there are similarities. They are both considered extremely fun, have replay ability and everyone who is in that hobby knows what it is. Neither are considered "rare" yet they sell for top dollar over and over again. You could buy a NIB Earthbound for $10 twenty years ago and now? A NIB sells for over $2K. The cart alone sells for over $100 and there are hundreds of thousands out there.

My long winded point is... the secret is out folks pinball is freaking awesome and prices are on the rise. Those of us who grew up playing pinball hours and hours on end at the local arcade are starting to have the means to buy these. Expect prices to keep rising as supply dwindles.

P.S. A market correction is generally a 10% loss in a relatively short time frame. Take you avg MM price per Boston Pinball Pricing:

YTD $12,293
-10% = $11,063.70

Good luck scooping MM's up at that price.

What you are looking for is a Pinball Market Crash. That's not going to happen, sorry folks

#65 11 years ago

I'd compare MM to something like Earthbound for SNES.

Since I own one, I'd like to compare it to something like this...........

66accobra3.jpg66accobra3.jpg

#66 11 years ago

Mine available and in Cleveland for you too.

Bill

#67 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Since I own one, I'd like to compare it to something like this...........

Bwahaha well not exactly, that's more like a Krull...or 5

Gorgeous o-din

#68 11 years ago

the "speculator" money will move to something else in due time... once they have sucked this market dry, they'll move in to something else... and prices will then normalize...

ask anyone who was a stamp/coin collector in the 70's... speculators destroyed the marketplace, and collectors are the ones who took it on the chin... the pin market shows many of the same signs that the stamp/coin market did back then... incredible obsession with minute details, and those obsessions driving the prices well past any logical breakpoint...

then the speculators left, and that stamp that started with a value of 2 dollars and went to 100 dollars dropped to a value of 1 dollar... and guess who got screwed?

honestly, it's pretty obvious that not everyone buying/selling is in it "for the love of pinball"... you can see this by this "false market value" that has been created by some very "interesting" sales techniques... there are many who are doing it simply to make as much profit as they can, and when they've bled this particular market dry, they'll move on to something else...

#69 11 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Bwahaha well not exactly, that's more like a Krull...or 5

Gorgeous o-din

No, I don't own the car, but around 1980 you could pick one up for around the same price as a MM
today. Wish I had!

#70 11 years ago

Please be advised that I am not trying to adjust the market for mm. I am filling a new game room for a second home in Scottsdale that is near completion. I just bought a HUO MB and a near perfect TZ. I also bought a wizzard of Oz LE. The games that I own in Cleveland are staying in my game room there. Sorry if any of you got the wrong idea.

Kevan

#71 11 years ago

Life is good.

#72 11 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

For 18,500 I hope that you are getting a HEP or Keller level restore. Good luck on your hunt.

I don't think that I'd put Keller on the same level as HEP.

#73 11 years ago

I don't either Rob should have been more clear.

#74 11 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

the "speculator" money will move to something else in due time... once they have sucked this market dry, they'll move in to something else... and prices will then normalize...
ask anyone who was a stamp/coin collector in the 70's... speculators destroyed the marketplace, and collectors are the ones who took it on the chin... the pin market shows many of the same signs that the stamp/coin market did back then... incredible obsession with minute details, and those obsessions driving the prices well past any logical breakpoint...
then the speculators left, and that stamp that started with a value of 2 dollars and went to 100 dollars dropped to a value of 1 dollar... and guess who got screwed?
honestly, it's pretty obvious that not everyone buying/selling is in it "for the love of pinball"... you can see this by this "false market value" that has been created by some very "interesting" sales techniques... there are many who are doing it simply to make as much profit as they can, and when they've bled this particular market dry, they'll move on to something else...

I thought the same thing years back on the Class 3 gun market
(NFA registered full auto rifles and sears) HK sears were around $600 back in the mid 90's they climbed to $2000 then $5000 everyone said it was a bubble, but now you can rarely find anything for sale and a full auto sear which is a serial numbered part and about .10 cents worth of metal is well over $10,000
What I have come to understand is that there are people out there with lots of money who buy things with no intention of selling. Money doesn't really motivate these people because they have lots of it.
Just like in the the class 3 gun world demand simply outstripped supply and the price went up. The high end collectors don't track monthly price increases and decrease they buy stuff and hold it which intern leaves less of these limited production items
Machine guns/pinball machines/widgets left in the open market for sale.

One last note the fed is printing money 24hours a day your pinball dollars just aren't worth what they were 10 years ago...at this point as long as the Fed keeps printing this trend will continue
Get ready to keep paying more for everything. Gas/gold/food/guns/pinball ect

Disclaimer: I am no expert but I did stay at a Holiday in Express last night.

#75 11 years ago

25K by Christmas

#76 11 years ago

There is a MM on the Montgomery AL CL. That and a HEP restore should set you back about $18K. You could also contact Chris Hutchins at HEP and see if any of the games waiting for restore could be potentially for sale by their owners. It is my understanding that Chris does not purchase inventory for later restoration and resale.

I have a HEP MM. (ALso HEP CFTBL, SC, AFG, FH, and CC.) They are well worth the expense if you truly enjoy a specific game. And Chris is a great guy.

#77 11 years ago
Quoted from Kevanmillstein:

I am filling a new game room for a second home in Scottsdale that is near completion.

Then you can take it to Barrett Jackson and see how it fares between the Shelbys
and the Hemi Mopars.

#78 11 years ago

Pinmeister HEP is booked fully to 2014 so yeah great idea but a long wait.

#79 11 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

What I have come to understand is that there are people out there with lots of money who buy things with no intention of selling. Money doesn't really motivate these people because they have lots of it.

I get the same impression. They will continue to pay more for the convenience of a quick sale, with nobody to bid against them. On TV they showed a tour of a foreign billionaires house, and when they went into his game room, what item do you think was his pride and joy? I don't think I need to tell you what it was.

#80 11 years ago

AFM still the better value

#81 11 years ago

So here is the latest news on the purchase:
Hi, I'm having a bit of a revolt with the kids. Never thought it was such a
big deal to get rid of it. I'm going to have to postpone right now to not
have any more grief. If things change soon I will contact you.
I guess the search continues
Kevan

Ahhhhhhhhh.......the ol' "my kids/my wife don't want me to sell it" bullshit response.

#82 11 years ago

I'm having a bit of a revolt with the kids.

I don't get this part...

#83 11 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

I don't get this part...

I think he was quoting the seller....his kids didn't want him to sell it.

Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

Kevan,
I tried PM'ing you but the pinside server is failing. PM me your email and I will send you details on a game that I have.
Thanks!
Kevin

Kevin's MM is probably the nicest on the planet. I'll be sad to see it go....I shoulda bought it 5 years ago!!! *grumble grumble grumble*

#84 11 years ago

Please be advised that I am not trying to adjust the market for mm.

I apologize about my comment that suggested it crossed my mind. It was in bad taste.

I'm sure something very nice will turn up soon if you were willing to spend what you offered on the other one.

#85 11 years ago

I have a recent HEP MM as well as
HEP CC,
HEP WH2O,
HEP CFTBL,
HEP MB,
HEP TZ,
HEP BOP,
HEP JB,
HEP FH,
HEP CV,
HEP TOTAN,
HEP TAF,
HEP SC
and he currently has my TOM

Basically, what I am eluding to is sending your pins to Chris is addictive. Once you have one, none of your others will look or play the same. It is worth every penny and the time. For an investment like MM, get it done right. They look amazing and play bulletproof. Good Luck in your Search.

Post edited by Apollon : Spelling

#86 11 years ago
Quoted from Apollon:

HEP CC,
HEP WH2O,
HEP CFTBL,
HEP MB,
HEP TZ,
HEP BOP,
HEP JB,
HEP FH,
HEP CV,
HEP TOTAN,
HEP TAF,
HEP SC
Basically, what I am eluding to is sending your pins to Chris is addictive. Once you have one, none of your others will look or play the same. It is worth every penny and the time. For an investment like MM, get it done right. They look amazing and play bulletproof. Good Luck in your Search.

F WORD!

#87 11 years ago

LOL! Brag much? Mother F word!

#88 11 years ago
Quoted from Apollon:

HEP CC,
HEP WH2O,
HEP CFTBL,
HEP MB,
HEP TZ,
HEP BOP,
HEP JB,
HEP FH,
HEP CV,
HEP TOTAN,
HEP TAF,
HEP SC

What is the purpose of this post?

I'm sure the OP could care less what's in your collection, unless you're selling.

If you're not selling, feel free to post stuff like this to the many other 'ego collection' threads.

#89 11 years ago
Quoted from Apollon:

HEP CC,
HEP WH2O,
HEP CFTBL,
HEP MB,
HEP TZ,
HEP BOP,
HEP JB,
HEP FH,
HEP CV,
HEP TOTAN,
HEP TAF,
HEP SC

Awesome collection Apollon! this guy knows how to do it right.

judging by your RX avatar, are you a Pharmacist per chance?

#90 11 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

What is the purpose of this post?
I'm sure the OP could care less what's in your collection, unless you're selling.
If you're not selling, feel free to post stuff like this to the many other 'ego collection' threads.

Jealous much? Sure most of us are super envious of a collection of this quality, but you don't have to rag on him because of it.

#91 11 years ago

going for the trifecta of posts..

Just checked out your gameroom pics Apollon.. Nasty! You are my hero.

#92 11 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

Jealous much? Sure most of us are super envious of a collection of this quality, but you don't have to rag on him because of it.

Jealous much? Every pin in my 20+ collection is either HEP or HUO. Big deal!!!!

Be proud of what you've accomplished and keep it to yourself.

Bragging about what you have when no one asked is just being insecure.

#93 11 years ago
Quoted from Apollon:

HEP CC,
HEP WH2O,
HEP CFTBL,
HEP MB,
HEP TZ,
HEP BOP,
HEP JB,
HEP FH,
HEP CV,
HEP TOTAN,
HEP TAF,
HEP SC

what is "eluding" you is what other posters are "alluding" to...

#94 11 years ago

I will pay middling dollar for a run-of-the-mill or unextraordinary condition game

#95 11 years ago
Quoted from sleethering:

Congrats on the purchase Kevan! I'm Cleveland too, so if you need any help playing it, let me know.

Me too!!!

Maybe Kevin is really Michael Bourn or Nick Swisher that the Indians signed this off-season. They have the coin!

#96 11 years ago

Good grief. Not bragging. When I was looking at purchasing my MM, I was facing a similar choice. I'm glad I went the way I did. It was the best decision for me. Buying an average MM and sending it to Chris is the way to go. Just be cautious, because when I started out, I had zero plans of sending all my pins to Chris. It just snowballed. And, yes, I blew it on 'eluding'. Good catch. I meant 'alluding'. And my door is open if anyone wants to play my pins. It would have been nice if could have had that as a reference when I started my search. It's pinball guys, relax.

#97 11 years ago

Please be advised that I am not trying to adjust the market for mm. I am filling a new game room for a second home in Scottsdale that is near completion. I just bought a HUO MB and a near perfect TZ. I also bought a wizzard of Oz LE. The games that I own in Cleveland are staying in my game room there. Sorry if any of you got the wrong idea.

Kevan

I was contacted by the person you first dealt with who I am familiar with, who confirmed everything you said, so it looks like you are legit. Again, it just smelled suspect given you had no history.

If anything, there may have been people willing to deal with you that were on the fence previously, so at least that would be cleared up now if it was an issue for them.

Good luck in your search.

#98 11 years ago

Second home pin collection. Hmmm. Do you work in finance by chance?

Even if money was no object to me, I would still try to get the best price. Its a huge competitive disadvantage to post the price you are paying in other deals if it hasn't gone through; just drives up opportunity seekers. I guess once you're broke once in your life, like I was once upon a time, you never want to pay full price again, even if you can afford it.

#99 11 years ago

Buy a crappy one for 10k, then send it to Chris and you will have a MM better than any you could buy. Plus you could get the mods and customization that you want. If you are willing to spend top dollar, get the most for your money.

#100 11 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Buy a crappy one for 10k, then send it to Chris and you will have a MM better than any you could buy. Plus you could get the mods and customization that you want. If you are willing to spend top dollar, get the most for your money.

He is likely paying a premium so he won't have to wait. I guess HEP has a huge lead time these days.

There are 116 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-medieval-madness-will-pay-top-dollar-for-huo-or-like-condition-game/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.