013.jpg
012.jpg
011.jpg
010.jpg
009.jpg
008.jpg
007.jpg
006.jpg
There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

May as well put this feeler out there.

Utah preferred, but shipping to Utah acceptable. Western states local pickup OK if there is no other way (no more than approx 600 mile radius from SLC).

Not looking for CQ/shop jobs; but the machine should be at least playable. If it isn't quite playable, it should be complete without a lot of work needed. Fully working preferred, of course! Cosmetic issues OK.

Price range: $7000 (thereabouts) or under.

Not a flipper; looking to buy for permanent player/collection piece.

Chad
801-six7one-nine1four3 (phone)
icbiass at hotmail dot com

Thanks.

#2 10 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

801-six7one-nine1four3 (phone)

Do we really need to do this here? I think it all works the regular way....
www.pinball411.com

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Do we really need to do this here? I think it all works the regular way....
http://www.pinball411.com

Just doing it that way to avoid robots/crawlers getting my info to keep down spam.

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Just doing it that way to avoid robots/crawlers getting my info to keep down spam.

Can that happen??
...I didn't know!

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Can that happen??
...I didn't know!

Easily. You should always post your email in that manner.

#6 10 years ago

Thanks! Lesson learned!

#7 10 years ago

Do these types of threads ever work ? If someone has a monster bash for sale, won't it be listed for sale negating the need for this thread? And if someone has one not for sale, I doubt $7000 is going to motivate them to sell. I'm not saying you won't find a game but I doubt this will be effective. Has anyone had success with wtb threads without having to pay a lot?

#8 10 years ago

yes.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Do these types of threads ever work ? If someone has a Monster Bash for sale, won't it be listed for sale negating the need for this thread? And if someone has one not for sale, I doubt $7000 is going to motivate them to sell. I'm not saying you won't find a game but I doubt this will be effective. Has anyone had success with wtb threads without having to pay a lot?

I think he is in the ballpark for a "players" MB which is what the OP is asking for.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Do these types of threads ever work ? If someone has a Monster Bash for sale, won't it be listed for sale negating the need for this thread? And if someone has one not for sale, I doubt $7000 is going to motivate them to sell. I'm not saying you won't find a game but I doubt this will be effective. Has anyone had success with wtb threads without having to pay a lot?

It's just a feeler thread, dude. There's a WTB forum... and I figured WTF

I do have the cash; if someone is motivated to sell, they can get a quick sale. If they need to negotiate a slightly higher price... I might be willing.

I'm just not willing to buy something from the shopped or flipped inventory, because the starting prices are out of my range.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from roc-noc:

I think he is in the ballpark for a "players" MB which is what the OP is asking for.

Exactly. Thank you.

#12 10 years ago

You are definitely in the "ball park". No need to apologize as you definitely "were not asking for the world".....you are basically looking for a working players condition MB and will to negotiate in the $7Kish range. If nobody takes you up on your offer don't sweat it.......my guess is by summer time someone is going to wish they did. The remakes in my opinion put a cap on these older pins......this hobby is "fickle" and $7Kish for this pin in the condition you are asking is fair.

GOOD LUCK......you are definitely offering more then I would for a players condition MB as I will be hoping to land a remake that looks and plays brand new (a used HUO MB remake if they ever remake that title...my guess is they will sometime in the next 1-2 years but who knows for sure). If that announcement ever comes out you will see the prices of all MB's drop 10-20 percent additional in my opinion.....but who knows !!! Plus, I feel the 2014 pinball guide will be the high point for pin prices for a LONG TIME (book used sales from late 2012 through mid 2013 and I would be shocked if the 2015 guide has higher prices.....should be the start of a slow decline for some years in my opinion).

#13 10 years ago

This is how I found my Safe Cracker.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

You are definitely in the "ball park". No need to apologize as you definitely "were not asking for the world".....you are basically looking for a working players condition MB and will to negotiate in the $7Kish range. If nobody takes you up on your offer don't sweat it.......my guess is by summer time someone is going to wish they did. The remakes in my opinion put a cap on these older pins......this hobby is "fickle" and $7Kish for this pin in the condition you are asking is fair.
GOOD LUCK......you are definitely offering more then I would for a players condition MB as I will be hoping to land a remake that looks and plays brand new (a used HUO MB remake if they ever remake that title...my guess is they will sometime in the next 1-2 years but who knows for sure). If that announcement ever comes out you will see the prices of all MB's drop 10-20 percent additional in my opinion.....but who knows !!! Plus, I feel the 2014 pinball guide will be the high point for pin prices for a LONG TIME (book used sales from late 2012 through mid 2013 and I would be shocked if the 2015 guide has higher prices.....should be the start of a slow decline for some years in my opinion).

Thanks for the insight, houseofpin.

The 7K range of course depends on condition. If it's like you said... plays perfectly with excellent playfield, then the first 7K (or even a bit higher) makes the deal.

If it's a bit more of a beater, of course, that amount goes down a bit.

Pinball karma should balance out eventually... you overpay for one, you get a great deal on another. 7K mostly reflects the size of the wallet, not any indication that I'm trying to lowball the MB market.

The remake (potential MBr ?) is an interesting angle... approx. 8K for a brand new machine? Will take a wait and see approach with what they're doing on MMr ... the videos look very promising.

#15 10 years ago

These threads do work. And I think your offer is reasonable (if it's not, you will find out anyway) for a routed player's machine as well. Good luck!

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Thanks! Lesson learned!

Ha! You CAN teach an old dog new tricks.

#17 10 years ago

Sunday bump. Reasonable offers accepted... $7K would be a steal for CQ of course, but am looking for player quality or so. Even if machine needs a little work to become 100% playable. Don't want a several month project to make it playable.

Thanks!

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

This is how I found my Safe Cracker.

+1. I've bought and sold several pins here that way. Heck, I've sold several just mentioning that I might sell a pin in the near future in a post and was contacted via PM.

Good luck in your search OP. Had an MB for awhile and sold it within the last 3 months.

#19 10 years ago

Am being offered nice MB's at well above what I can reasonably/responsibly afford. (I will always talk, though. The tax man might not like me for a while).

If you have one (players' condition OK) in the neighborhood of $7K (especially in the US, and are willing to ship) my wallet is open. Willing to talk, and negotiate a bit.

Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

+1. I've bought and sold several pins here that way. Heck, I've sold several just mentioning that I might sell a pin in the near future in a post and was contacted via PM.
Good luck in your search OP. Had an MB for awhile and sold it within the last 3 months.

Thanks man.

#20 10 years ago

beater for 7K or a beautiful one for a few bucks more and it's stunning.

Just stirring the pot up a bit.

P1030566.jpgP1030566.jpgP1030525.jpgP1030525.jpgP1030524.JPGP1030524.JPG

#21 10 years ago

portland.craigslist.org link (not mine)
$10k. Out of your price range, but just thought I'd contribute.

#22 10 years ago

I put up a WTB ad and got one a year later. Cleaned up beautifully! Not selling but just using as encouragement. Try putting the ad up on Mr Pinball! tooMB31.jpgMB31.jpgMB04.jpgMB04.jpgMB02.jpgMB02.jpgMB01.jpgMB01.jpg MB27.jpgMB27.jpg

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from algrande:

Just stirring the pot up a bit.

Algrande has nice games

P1030566.jpg 214 KB

P1030525.jpg 337 KB

P1030524.JPG 338 KB

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Algrande has nice games

Thanks William, I think Totan will be there by friday..enjoy!

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from algrande:

One man's "stunning" is another man's "gaudy as F***"

Yellow ramps? Yellow/blue coindoor? WTF?!

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

unfortunately I didn't pick the colors, but it actually grows on you..

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from algrande:

Thanks William, I think Totan will be there by friday..enjoy!

Thanks Al I can't wait

#28 10 years ago

Some very nice machines here indeed.

#29 10 years ago

$7K Are their any for $7k out there?

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I agree but I am liking that playfield!

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

HOP - I've been told the Universal Monsters license is just too expensive to remake. Plus, to quote the Joker, it has "all of those wonderful toys!" Am I wrong? Wouldn't AFM make more sense?

#32 10 years ago

If the Universal Monsters license is so expensive, how did Farsight get it for Pinball Arcade? Without a Kickstarter, even.

#33 10 years ago

Rick has already posted that they already have the license for parts and such. Securing it for the whole game wouldn't be a problem

Quoted from Dbaum88:

HOP - I've been told the Universal Monsters license is just too expensive to remake. Plus, to quote the Joker, it has "all of those wonderful toys!" Am I wrong? Wouldn't AFM make more sense?

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Quoted from chadderack:

Sadly, I think the spambots are even smart enough now to recognize this as an email address.

#35 10 years ago

It's the 'it's been 5 days' bump.

Another pinsider is looking for one... apparently looking for CQ only.

I'm looking for anything (except a multi-month project). Cash in hand as well. Will consider all offers.

#36 10 years ago

If you can get a proxy at the pinball show here in Ohio, we're selling ours at the show for 8k. Comes with new DMD, cliffy for the outhole. Not a beater, but not CQ.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from CadillacMusic:

If you can get a proxy at the pinball show here in Ohio, we're selling ours at the show for 8k. Comes with new DMD, cliffy for the outhole. Not a beater, but not CQ.

PM sent.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Do these types of threads ever work ? If someone has a Monster Bash for sale, won't it be listed for sale negating the need for this thread?

I'm not actively selling any of my games, but I see an ad like this and I do think "hmmm I haven't played my MB in a while...is it time to thin the herd?" Granted I didn't bite, but I'm sure someone else had the same thought as me and DID say "eh, why not - I can let my game go"

#39 10 years ago

While it's true these threads do make you think, they always come in with low ball offers. 7k seems tough to get anything but a really routed MB. I think the safe bet for what you want is to budget closer to 8k. MB in Utah are out there, I have a decent one. But I've fixed it up enough where I love playing it too much to give up and also to where I would need to get a lot more than 7k for it to sell. It truly is the best 90s pin in my opinion.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm not actively selling any of my games, but I see an ad like this and I do think "hmmm I haven't played my MB in a while...is it time to thin the herd?" Granted I didn't bite, but I'm sure someone else had the same thought as me and DID say "eh, why not - I can let my game go"

This is exactly how I ended up selling my LOTR. I wasn't actively looking to sell it, but then someone started a WTB thread for one. I realized that mine wasn't getting very much play anymore, so I threw it out there that the game was available, but it was probably a nicer example than the OP was looking for. Shortly after I posted this, another Pinsider PM'd me and expressed interest in the game. We reached a price that both of us were happy with, and the game is now gone. The moral of the story is that you never know who is looking to buy or sell what until you publicly express your thoughts on the matter.

#41 10 years ago

Deal pending.

#42 10 years ago

Sweet, congrats

#43 10 years ago

I guess these kinda posts do work. Lol

#44 10 years ago

mine is nicer

#45 10 years ago

Thanks. Hope you find your CQ one. Speaking of which...

No doubt.

#46 10 years ago

I love a happy ending! Congrats Chad!

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Me too…a Pinsider posted a WTB ad for MB and I'm considering letting mine go. I've owned it for 3 years and STLE should arrive soon, so it's an opportunity. If the deal doesn't happen, probably won't list it either. I've also had some success with WTB ad's on the other end (how I landed my Fathom, which is a hard title to find in great condition).

#48 10 years ago

In my restoration queue - before and after. Boy I love the look of new decals!

IMG_0252.JPGIMG_0252.JPG IMG_0680.JPGIMG_0680.JPG
1 week later
#49 10 years ago

MB is here!

MB_001.jpgMB_001.jpgMB_002.jpgMB_002.jpgMB_003.jpgMB_003.jpg

Will set up after work today. Thank you Cadillac Music of Cleveland, Ohio.

#50 10 years ago

Going to look at one tonight myself!

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-mb-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.