You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MH_orig2012.jpg
MH_s.jpg
Mati_1st_night.jpg
Mata_Hari_s.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cwg29.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 11 years ago

I just contacted americajoy.com in Mesa, AZ about helping me restore my Mata Hari cabinet. The owner says he can make a full vynl set or stencil for $150. I gave him several reference photos and he said he should have them vectorized in a couple weeks. I could let you know how they turn out.

2 weeks later
#5 11 years ago

Update: I went with vynl. Here is the right side applied. The only problem for some people may be the yellow layer does not match the original color which is more orange than yellow. I'm fine with it, but I'm sure that it may not be 100% accurate. Also, the vynl is applied in 3 stages. Yellow, Red, then Black. Let me know what your looking for. I could get the vector file or see if the printer guy will cut stencils for you.

Mata_Hari_s.jpgMata_Hari_s.jpg

#7 11 years ago

This guy stayed up till 2:30 last night to print out most of the rest of the project. I told him I had people interested. Now he want's to find a pinball machine! But warning on the vynl. It is hard to install and requires patience. I've done some car projects and have a feel for it. Any one who has done store window signs can do it. That's my disclaimer. Here's his e-mail: [email protected]

I'd be glad to be your middle man (He's new to the pinball concept) [email protected]. So I suggest trying to contact him, see what he says. His name is Anton Wagoner, lives in Mesa, AZ, and his hours are 7am to Midnight (really). Good Luck!

1st photo, just after install of right cabinet vynal by Antar and assistant (they were very proud).
2nd photo, my install of left side today.
3rd photo, right after I brought it home a month ago. Notice the awesome house paint on the cabinet!

Mati_1st_night.jpgMati_1st_night.jpg MH_s.jpgMH_s.jpg MH_orig2012.jpgMH_orig2012.jpg

#10 11 years ago

Yes, I believe he can cut you the stencils based on the same files. So that may be a better solution. As for prep, we peeled, chipped, and stripped the box. After a little wood filler and light sanding it left a pretty smooth surface. Then, yes, we actually applied three colored vynl layers. As for durabilty, I'm impressed with the adhesion, the colors should last a long time. This stuff is meant for commercial signage. But still, I would research that a little bit. I've seen a couple of other restorations with vynl and it seems like an acceptable solution. Overall, I really like how the colors pop out. And it covers any small cracks or dimples I had on the surface, so it's very hard to find any defects. I hope that helps.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cwg29.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-mata-hari-cabinet-stencils?tu=cwg29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.