IMG_0008.jpg
IMG_0057-434.jpg
IMG_0001.jpg
WP_001706.jpg
WP_001705.jpg
WP_001701.jpg
WP_001708.jpg
MARS Backs.jpg
There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 9 years ago

Understand what you mean but there's a motion to turn this into an owner's thread by changing the title...that seemed to be seconded...went with the flow.

#102 9 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

You definitely want to start a new thread for this question. (Since this thread is all about the Mars GOW Backglass).
Pete

He was supposed to change this to the MGOW club, but now with the new rules about how long you have to change titles....

#103 9 years ago

Well, that's no problem. I can edit the title....just have the OP get a hold of me and tell me what he wants the new title to be.

Somebody sent me an abuse report of an off-topic posting. I saw the thread title, looked at the post, and thought "Yeah...that should probably be posted elsewhere."

So, that's it. I didn't read the whole thread...my mistake.

Pete

1 week later
#104 9 years ago

I'm glad that your repro inner glass is out there Fretto - it'd be nice to see people put up pics with them installed!

I'm still thinking about trying to mount my glass in the same way as is done with Black Hole. While I do that (think that is, which usually takes me a looong time) I discovered something about my back glass. Something not good.

First, here's a shot before it came out of the game.
IMG_0079.jpgIMG_0079.jpg

And right before I mustered the courage to remove it. Might be hard to see but some of the green tint is bad - which is not the bad thing BTW.
IMG_0002.jpgIMG_0002.jpg

Not a great picture but this is the glass with replacement tint I installed in all four windows.
IMG_0008.jpgIMG_0008.jpg

Here's the last shot and the one where I learned something about my back glass. SPOILER ALERT: This is one of those things that you cannot "unsee." Seriously. OK, maybe not.
IMG_0038.jpgIMG_0038.jpg

Did you spot it? I hope so as this picture was hard to get.

Like an insect encased in amber, here lies the partial handprint of the person who handled the glass right before all of the graphics and mirroring were applied to the back. The thing is that's just one of a few - there look to be a few fingers and other smudges thrown in for good measure!

Oh, well, they don't really show up when installed (I tell myself) but once you know that they're there...

#105 9 years ago

Besides the hand print, that one is in mint condition!
Nice looking glass; picture #2 gives me the living creeps though..... those clips!!!
Better safe than sorry, get those Black Hole molds in asap.
I don't even dare to put my original glass near these clips anymore.

2 weeks later
#106 9 years ago

Here's Todd showing off Fretto's backglass (and MPU work).

What's that plastic he's got over the center drop targets? It seems to be the planet Mars instead of the space ship. Was that an alternate version similar to the black cabinet?

#107 9 years ago

I've been playing around with backbox bulb combinations and have this result, which looks pretty good in person IMO. Tried a wide range of LED types and found what didn't work, mainly for being too bright, too high in color temperature or too focused. I settled on warm, low intensity frosted bulbs of different colors with 455s for the explosions. Green behind the moons, red behind the helmet plume, the indicators and the core of the planet (surrounded by orange).

IMG_0004.jpgIMG_0004.jpg
IMG_0010.jpgIMG_0010.jpg

#108 9 years ago

Wow, thanks for the LED layout. I will try that on mine, after I move.

steve

#109 9 years ago

Well done on the LEDs.

#110 9 years ago

Thanks for showing the LED setup.
Makes it look way nicer.

2 months later
#111 9 years ago

The "God of War" must be taking a nap...pretty quiet around here. Turning this into an owner's thread isn't happening?

Swapped out the 455s for LED versions from niftyleds otherwise keeping the same setup. Now I won't need to pull that backglass for a bulb change for a long time, I hope.

FINALLY beat the built in high score. This guy routinely spanks me so it felt pretty good to put it back on him for a change! No danger of getting a roll over anytime soon though.

IMG_0001.jpgIMG_0001.jpg

3 years later
#112 6 years ago

Hi,

Any availability of a reproduction backglass, (plexi, anything), doesn't have to be perfect, just anything with some color, that white is just blah. Thanks, Didj

#113 6 years ago

Is Fretto making anymore? I'd like one for my game.

#114 6 years ago

Fretto has said he would not be doing any more runs. There was a guy doing an alternate version a while back,I think outta Australia. Google it and you should find it.

20170418_160705c (resized).jpg20170418_160705c (resized).jpg

20170418_161000a (resized).jpg20170418_161000a (resized).jpg

#115 6 years ago

Thanks, found him. Mamepatrol on Aussiearcade forum. Appreciate the redirect. Didj

There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-mars-god-of-war-backglass/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.