2012-09-14_16.26.00.jpg
grass.jpg
LOTR-Dope.jpg
LOTR_with_LEDs.jpg
2012-09-04-11.15.jpg
2012-08-31-19.25.02.jpg
2012-08-24_22.22.48.jpg
2012-08-24_22.01.22.jpg
There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

Looking for a standard or LE LOTR in Chicagoland. I am looking to spend depending on condition south of $5000. Thanks.

#2 11 years ago

Friday the 13th Bump...

#3 11 years ago

Dude Steve, you have been looking for one of these for almost a year now huh!

#4 11 years ago

I did start to look about a year ago... Hope to find one this year...

#5 11 years ago

Happy Monday... Make it a Fabulous one!

Today in History

Jul 16, 1945:
Atom bomb successfully tested

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history

2 weeks later
#6 11 years ago

rings

#7 11 years ago

Still looking... willing to spend fair market price for a nice quality machine. Thanks!

#8 11 years ago

there is one listed on the Indianapolis CL for a decent price

indianapolis.craigslist.org link

#9 11 years ago

That one sold an hour before I reached out to him... Would have been a bit of a drive anyway...

I've waited a year... But Billy be bored of waiting..

#10 11 years ago

Friendly bump. Sell this man a LOTR.

#11 11 years ago

Yo Bill, I remember looking at your BSD, which ultimately went back to Scott if I'm not mistaken.

I can prolly help ya out. Mine is picture perfect in every way, with all conceivable protectors installed since day one, the Balrog fix, and the flashing eye mod too. I also added the color changing palintar LED and a Tom W. shooter rod both of which are really a must have.

Plus, it's got a white Gandalf on shadowfax, and all my warriors have their swords in hand, which I felt was important. I know I've got a treebeard figure for it, but I can't recall if I put him in or not. I've also got the POTD figures too, just never ordered the pinbits install kit for them. Oh and let's not forget the shaker mod - really sweet! And a few choice LEDs too. Ping me.

~Bill Wells

Edit: shit, in writing this up I almost convinced myself i'm crazy to give it up. Holy Deadlock!

#12 11 years ago

Three Bill's in a row post. Must be a sign.

#13 11 years ago

The Bill Trifecta... maybe i'll be a winner.. Message sent Mr. Bill

#14 11 years ago

I've only ever seen one of these in the wild... for $6500. Good luck to you!

#15 11 years ago

I'm looking for a Standard not an LE.

#16 11 years ago

Standard should be much lower than that. At the high end $5K gets you something really special with lots of mods.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from EmptyLogic:

I'm looking for a Standard not an LE.

Yeah, that was for a Standard!

#18 11 years ago

That's great.. I won't be spending that much.. But if you have a lead and/or helpful info toward obtaining one that would be awesome. Thanks

#19 11 years ago

standard I think is more sought after than the LE. LE has terrible looking backglass that you have to worry about breaking, and the figures arn't on it. Which really makes the game look naked. There isn't much to this game to begin with, take off the little toys it does have, and it looks terrible. Indiana isn't far, if your not willing to drive, then your probably going to have to pay more. The best deals are for the one willing to travel on the spur of the moment. Mines HUO and I have it for sale for $6000. Flawless in everyway. Still has the stuff stapled to the inside of the machine. I even have the box.

#20 11 years ago

LOTR on mrpinball classified, 5200 in Rockford

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

LOTR on mrpinball classified, 5200 in Rockford

That was my LOTR. Offered to stevedave a couple of weeks ago. He is looking for something cheaper.

Sold it last weekend to a nice guy from rgp before the Mr.Pinball ad was published.

Based on the response from the Mr.Pinball ad, it was priced right.

Tom

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from roc-noc:

That was my LOTR. Offered to stevedave a couple of weeks ago. He is looking for something cheaper.

Sold it last weekend to a nice guy from rgp before the Mr.Pinball ad was published.

Based on the response from the Mr.Pinball ad, it was priced right.

Tom

Good deal Tom, I will keep an eye out for any of your sale ads in the future, Im not to far from you and Im looking for more machines down the road.

#23 11 years ago

Yeah, I will be looking too, since Tom mostly owns my wishlist!

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from roc-noc:

He is looking for something cheaper.

I am. I am in the market for a "nice" machine... does not need to be mint, huo, CQ etc.. just not beat up.

#25 11 years ago

alright.. last bump for a while. Would love to pick one up this weekend I just sold a machine so this cash is burning a hole in my pocket.

Maybe i'll just buy a xmen or acdc in the mean time..

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from EmptyLogic:

Maybe i'll just buy a xmen or acdc in the mean time.

LE or Pro?

#27 11 years ago

xmen... prob pro.. acdc premium

#28 11 years ago

I just found a LOTR on route two blocks from my house! ( south-side).Went and talked to the vendor. $4500 for a real rough machine. I've been keeping an eye out for one for a while. Was considering moving two of my "B" games to afford one "A" game. Looks like its going to be pay to play for a while. Good luck with your search, I'll be watching.

1 week later
#29 11 years ago

Found... as Kenny Powers so eloquently put it.. "Finally Mother Fu*ker"

HUO Nicest one I've ever seen.... 2012-08-24_22.01.22.jpg2012-08-24_22.01.22.jpg

#30 11 years ago

How much?

#31 11 years ago

Not $6000... And more than $3500

#32 11 years ago

Damn that video, damn... Sunrises to this day still make me feel all guilty & etc.

I mean congrats on the HUO LOTR, its a great feeling.

"SUUUUPERRR JAAAACKPOT MUHAHAHAHAAAA"

#33 11 years ago

Congrat Bill!! Enjoy

#34 11 years ago

Congratulations! Now if anybody else in the Chicago area has a LOTR they're looking to move I'm your guy.

#35 11 years ago

Congrats, stevedave! You are going to love it. I'm still relatively new to LOTR ownership, and I've grown to appreciate the game more and more with each play. It really is brilliant on so many levels.

#36 11 years ago

Truth. I went 25 miles to Txstargazer's place last night to look at his machine because it has LEDs in it. I picked up a HUO the other week, but it was a blast to get a chance to see a machine with full LED kit. It's really not THAT bad if done right, and I think I will be doing it on mine. Haters gonna hate, but in the end, the reduction in heat, power, and replacing bulbs is worth it for me.

Even for 5-ball, I had a phenomenal game last night. All gifts collected, all modes started, beat the sword lock multiball, made good progress on the other two, and was three stupid elf rings from starting TABA.... 198 million. =\

#37 11 years ago

thanks.. Now i get to LED it out..

#38 11 years ago

Had a great time last night Frax, you'll have to come by when WOZ ECLE #825 arrives! That last game of yours was unbelievable!!

#39 11 years ago

I used the Cointaker Premiums with Retros for the GIs. I'm very happy with how it turned out.

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I used the Cointaker Premiums with Retros for the GIs. I'm very happy with how it turned out.

can you post a pic of the end result? Im intrigued by the Retro LEDs for GI

#41 11 years ago

I used the Cointaker Premiums with Retros for the GIs. I'm very happy with how it turned out

My order from CT, matching yours, arrived this week. Going to put them in...when I have time

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from EmptyLogic:

I'll be back home tonight and see how it turns out. Somehow I always mess up LED photos.

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

My order from CT, matching yours, arrived this week. Going to put them in...when I have time

The way the sockets are in this machine, it is a pretty quick job. My DE SW was a real pain to do.

#44 11 years ago

The way the sockets are in this machine, it is a pretty quick job.

Yep. It's much easier to change out the bulbs on Sterns than most other pins.

#45 11 years ago

Anyone have one in the Pittsburgh area? There are plenty on the other side of the state (always seems to be that way)... don't feel like driving that far. Looking for something in new condition HUO... or NIB. NIB on Ebay but they want almost 9K for it!!!

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from EmptyLogic:

Sorry, tried to load my first photo and failed.

#47 11 years ago

Here's my bad attempt at photographing LEDs.

File rejected because it was too large.

#48 11 years ago

I give up. No idea how to do this. I guess I need to buy a crappy camera to take lo-res shots. Sorry.

1 week later
#49 11 years ago

I cant believe i'm saying this.. but i really don't like LEDs in LOTR.. maybe its just the cool white that bothers me but, i am tempted just to put the incandescents back in..

or should i try coin taker warm white supers instead?

2012-08-31-19.25.02.jpg2012-08-31-19.25.02.jpg

Took out the white and left Green and Red LEDs in..

2012-09-04-11.15.jpg2012-09-04-11.15.jpg

#50 11 years ago

Lotr looks like terrible with leds. Its a warm theme with lots of natural earthy tones. It should stay with stock incandescent or the retro ones at the very least.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 39.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 7.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 25.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-lord-of-the-rings-chicagoland and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.