• 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by wilsonza
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

s-l225 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wilsonza.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 6 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Mod - wanted

WTB: Lethal Weapon 3 Pinball Topper

Added: 2018-02-04 18:30:48 UTC • Ended: March 4th, 2018

Price

Wanted

Looking to pick up a working (used, new, whatever) LW3 siren topper.

Have MMRLE coin mechs, Iron Man alternate translite, used but working DMD, or cash.

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are wilsonza's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to wilsonza's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Item location

Topeka, KS, US

#4 6 years ago

Thanks guys! I'll have to take another look at the backbox. Mine is completely missing the topper. Haven't looked to see if anything is wired internally. I'm assuming (hoping!) that's somewhere in the manual.

Did you just cut the car adapter off and crimp on an appropriate connector?

Anyone love the red vs blue? I see the original came with blue but red seems to make more sense.

#6 6 years ago

Picked up the Amazon light, clipped off the car adapter, and stripped off an inch or so of wire. I looked in my backbox, I have the male adapter for the top.

I've replaced the bulb with a Comet flasher.

I don't think it matters with side I pin into a new female adapter. Just pin it in, plug it in, and confirm it's working. Do I have it right?

1 week later
#7 6 years ago

Picked up one of the suggested toppers from Amazon, cut off the car plug, and crimped on a pair of leads with needle nose pliers. Plugged the two leads into the socket in the backbox and fired up the pin for lamp/flasher diagnostics.

And...nothing. Doh. I don't have a crimper so it's possible that's the issue. I did check the adjustments to confirm the topper was enabled. No other flashers or GI lights are out. I'm assuming this should have fired when in flasher test. I did try reversing the pins in the connector to confirm there were no issues there.

Haven't yet measured anything from the existing connector or tried a different bulb (I replaced the stock bulb with a Comet flasher). Just making sure I didn't miss anything obvious. Will double post in Tech once I have a chance to look it over.

#9 6 years ago

This may have answered it. I just tested all lamps / all flashers. It looks like you're testing the 'mars' item(?).

If so, perhaps that's my problem and it's solved after all! Will have to test it out tomorrow. Can anyone confirm that's the test?

#10 6 years ago

That was it. Just testing the wrong thing. Flipped over to coil tests, navigated to Mars and BAM! Working topper.

Thanks to everyone for the assist!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wilsonza.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-lethal-weapon-3-pinball-topper?tu=wilsonza and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.