Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Spankey
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

I bought a few of these from Herg, but he's all out with no current timetable on the next run. His current focus is on the equally cool GI OCD boards. Ultimately I need 4 WPC and 2 Stern.

I just got in to LEDs and bought enough to do almost all my games. I put some of the OCD boards in and now I want them in everything. PLEASE HELP!

Does anyone have any of these that they would be willing to part with?

Thanks,
    Tim

#2 10 years ago

I wish I could help, but like you said, I'm all out.

If there is demand for these, I'd be ready to run another batch of them with about 10 more pre-orders. Since I haven't found anyone to build cable harnesses, I'm still building them myself, and yes, my current priority is GI OCD.

Otherwise, good luck with your search.

#3 10 years ago

Tag....because I want to try and remember to look at the harness on my OCD when I get home...

#4 10 years ago

BUMP

I really want (need) 4 of these. If anyone is willing to part with any, please hit me up. Or better yet, get people to chime in for 10 pre-orders so that Herg makes another batch. I'd rather give my money to him than the aftermarket if possible.

#5 10 years ago

A couple of weeks ago I let Herg know I'd be down for one on our Tron Pro (added myself onto his wait list from his site).

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from Cheeks:

BUMP
    I really want (need) 4 of these. If anyone is willing to part with any, please hit me up. Or better yet, get people to chime in for 10 pre-orders so that Herg makes another batch. I'd rather give my money to him than the aftermarket if possible.

Sounds like 4 is a good ways toward the 10 pre-orders that Herg needs? I'm sure you're not the only one waiting, perhaps do the pre-order thing with him?

#7 10 years ago

I've already been talking to Herg. Unfortunately I think the 10 is on top of what I need.

Frankly, I'm amazed more people don't buy these with how obsessed Pinside is with LEDs. Now that I have these in some games, the non-OCD games practically give me seizures. This is currently the most underrated mod in pinball.

#8 10 years ago

Agreed, just installed this recently and it's a very nice difference. I like how you can go in and adjust each individual light. I just bring my laptop over to the cab, plug the usb, run the nice software and watch my changes right away.

#9 10 years ago

Because of tooling costs, minimum order quantities on parts, etc. small batches are not cost effective. To be able to sell them at the current price, I need to order 50 at a time. Even with me doing the work of building the cables myself, I have to sell about 35 of those to break even. I have set 20 preorders as my indicator to start working on another batch. I currently have 10 Stern preorders.

Add to that the fact that GI OCD would be delayed while I'm building cables for those preorders. There seems to be more interest in GI for now, so that's where I'm focusing my time.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from Cheeks:

Frankly, I'm amazed more people don't buy these with how obsessed Pinside is with LEDs. Now that I have these in some games, the non-OCD games practically give me seizures. This is currently the most underrated mod in pinball.

I completely agree. There seem to be a lot of people installing LEDs without realizing they are downgrading the light show in their game without this.

2 weeks later
    #11 10 years ago

Added my name to the list. Love to get this.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-led-ocd-multiple-needed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.