Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 years ago by fusion301
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 14 years ago

WTB, Late 80's or 90's Pin In The PA, DE, NJ Areas. Will be my first pin! Preferably with a DMD, but not an absolute necessity. Looking to spend a max of $1,500. For weeks, I've been scouring the Pin Classifieds, Craigslist, and Ebay and have just missed 3 machines this past week. Most of what is on Ebay is either over priced or way to far for pickup, or way too expensive to ship! Anyone looking to move a well conditioned pin, please email me at [email protected] Thanks...AL

#2 14 years ago

http://www.xmission.com/~daina/classified/search_for_sale.cgi
    I'm sure you will find something before Spring -keep up the hunt

#3 14 years ago

http://www.xmission.com/~daina/classified/search_for_sale.html
    I'm sure you will find something before spring, good luck

#4 14 years ago

And maybe you can find something on our Market:
    http://pinside.com/pinball/market

Good luck buying your first pin!

#5 14 years ago

Too bad you are not in my area (Colorado & mtn west) I have several pins that would fit your needs. My advice, just keep looking on craigslist, call or email early on them and offer to get over there first thing to look at the pin to beat your competition. Don't call and say "i'll come by tomorrow sometime" because by that time the good deals are gone. Call on the pin you want for a good deal, and say you will be right over with cash in hand. Trust me this works in beating out the competition.

#6 14 years ago

Dont get in a hurry.There is always a good deal and I promise what ever machine you choose to buy a day later you will see the one you really wanted.Personally Ive noticed most pins on Ebay are from your area.For 1500 you could buy a Funhouse if you wait for the right moment.Just make sure the first pin you buy you know you will enjoy and maintain.

#7 14 years ago

Your first machine needs to be special. After that you can collect and resell whatever. For $1500 or less you can get a dam* nice machine from any of those eras. Let us know what you find to consider and we'll all help with the "Is it worth ??" part.

#8 14 years ago

I was in your same boat about 4 months ago, I decided to spend a crap ton of money on a what I consider collector quality pin, which is great - now Im slowly going to build up the collection with some titles in the $1500 and below range, I think we are in the same area, I have a guy here in NJ that in the next month is going to let me know if he wants to get rid of a few pins out of his arcade. They are heavily used but Im hoping to grab something on the cheap and fix it up - if your interested when I hear back I will let you know. From what I remember he has a LOTR, funhouse, TZ, and a few others all probably need some TLC but Im up for the challenge. You might want to get a nice decent pin for your first and then get something you can make nice with a bit of work as your 2nd 3rd etc

#9 14 years ago

Thanks for all of the the advice, and definitely "fusion301", let me know on your guy. You can reach me at [email protected]. From listening to everyone, it's clear that patience is the virtue hear, especially for buying your first machine. Have been tempted to pull the trigger on a few other machines, but I think you guys are right, wait for the one you want, at the right price, and then pounce on it when it's there. On a side note, I just saw a Charlie's Angels (Solid State version) available locally, for $200. The flippers don't work but the machine looks to be in decent shape otherwise. Is it worth getting and fixing? I'm no electronics expert, but not inept either when I'm set in the right direction. I was figuring, worse comes to worse, I'd be out $200.

#10 14 years ago

"" From listening to everyone, it's clear that patience is the virtue hear, especially for buying your first machine. ""

Ease off the trigger!!! As stated before, Be patient and find the RIGHT machine for your first. Right machine = one you enjoy playing at a decent price. Save the "Charlies angles" type for #2 and up. Reason I say this - even if you get it and fix it, it will probably bore you to death rather quickly-which is OK if you have another machine you really enjoy playing, if Charlies angles was your second machine, you wouldn't be on it constantly and it would give you a nice little break from your #1 enjoyable machine, This way both are enjoyable.

I love Nitro Ground Shaker, however if it was my only pin I'd be bored to death. But I do love flicking the switch on it and playing a couple of games.

My .02

#11 14 years ago

I waited untill I found 1 that pretty much worked but needed cosmedic and bulbs. Had to put 160 miles on the van to get it but it was a nice ride and worth the 400 and change to go get it. The ride through the mountains was great. Good luck.

#12 14 years ago

It's good to wait - but it's so hard when you want to pull the trigger.
    will the economy in 2011 or 12 be better or worse then it is now at 2010?
    will you look back in a few years and curse that you missed the boat on very good deals?
    I've talked to others and all agree that everyone is selling vs the few who are buying in my area. I think about it all the time should I buy low? sell low? or just collect for the time being and wait ?
    "Is the pint glass 1/2 full or 1/2 empty???"
    -oh yeah I just bought another pin today

#13 14 years ago

"Is the pint glass 1/2 full or 1/2 empty???"

Shouldn't it be "Is the game room 1/2 full or 1/2 empty"?
    Sounds like your working on the 3/4 full stage

Congrats on the new machine.

#14 14 years ago

I did finally get a message back from the person with the Torch .. delivery is Sat morning atm. I may still get another machine from Wolfman as he has offered me some great deals. If you want alfadog call him. He's got quite a few machines for sale at dirt cheap prices. He's on another US travel trip buying stuff up.

Wolfman

Juke Joint Johnnie
    Sales & Service of Vintage Coin Operated Equipment since 1974
    Westminster Colorado
    303-350-0635
    [email protected]

I really need a basement or game room .. too many machines and too little space now. I may have to release my hidden captive sex slave and use that space

#15 14 years ago

Brokedad, why not go for the best of both worlds? Put the machines in her room then train her how to work on them,will give her something to do while your not there!!! that's a win / win situation.....

#16 14 years ago

That's just wrong. But a good idea. Wait, Brokedad didn't say the sexslave was a she.

#17 14 years ago

Haha SC .. wait 'til we see what's in your frozen underground lair there in AK

#18 14 years ago

The Gimp's sleepin. An' I ain't wakin him up.

Alphadog. My parents live in Delaware so I was checking the DE Craigslist. My dad wants a Joker Poker. Who doesn't. Anyway, there is a Bally Escape from the Lost World for sale for $1500. Game location is in Poconos. Says it has been maintained by the local shop. Might be in good shape. Rare machine. Not much info on this site but it looks like an interesting playfield. Looks like there are two members who own it to get some info. Can probably talk him down some as he needs to make room for the honey.

#19 14 years ago

Joker Poker - Now that's a KEEPER!!!!! I'm looking for one of those, IMHO one of the greatest pins of the 70's.

#20 14 years ago

found F14 tomcat in north jersey - probably not good for your 1st pin but its tempting for my third pin...wish it was a bit closer - everything around me is an hour drive and everything good is at least 2 hours

#21 14 years ago

Hey fusion301 why dont you take the boat over to Delaware & Maryland go on a
    'pinball raiding party '- looks like a few good ones on C-list

#22 14 years ago

Sounds like a good idea - I should start looking around lewes delaware area for pins, load up the truck and jump on the ferry. ferry is about 25mins from me. Watch out delaware - we're coming for your pins.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-late-80s-or-90s-pin-in-the-pa-de-nj-areas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.