Picture_041.jpg
Picture_038.jpg
DSCN1359.JPG
DSCN1358.JPG
DSCN1357.JPG
DSCN1356.JPG
2013-01-14_18.30.14.jpg
DSCN1010.JPG
There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

Hello, need a good original topper for a Judge Dredd with mounting bracket prefered. Please PM if you have one you will sell, with price.
Thank you.
Paul

#2 11 years ago

Does it have to be original? That may be hard to find. I think there are reproductions out there for about 175? Good luck and Dredd is the law!

#3 11 years ago

Beware of cheap imitations!

DSCN1010.JPGDSCN1010.JPG

#6 11 years ago

Go with the IPB one. It's relatively cheap and a can of matte gold spray paint makes it indistinguishable from the original. I believe IPB even sells the mounting bracket.

#7 11 years ago

IPB says sold out! If you want my cheap imitation $50 plus shipping, it's yours! but you need to figure out how to mount it!

#8 11 years ago

Just curious, what does an unbroken original sell for. I have one and don't really care about toppers unless they do something. My only fear is making the game harder to sell. It's not a keeper for me.

#9 11 years ago

I just talked to Kim at IPB last friday, they are getting the shiny gold ones back in stock in one week and the other flat green style in a few more weeks. She also told me the shiny gold was supposed to be what was shipped with the game from the factory but B/W switched at the last minute to the flat style to save $

#10 11 years ago

i have the shiny gold one from IPB and it is gorgeous. I like it far better than the flat gold original. it is cast from the original mold so it is correct.

MAD-Amusements has the bracket.

2013-01-14_18.30.14.jpg2013-01-14_18.30.14.jpg

#12 11 years ago

Thanks, my customer wants an original. I have one of the crappy repros, and it is not acceptable. Undersized and not much detail. Don't know if it is the same one IPB sells or not, I hope not....

#13 11 years ago

An original will probably be pretty tough to find. People have been really happy with the IPB one. I have the one from Mad Amusements and love it.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I just talked to Kim at IPB last friday, they are getting the shiny gold ones back in stock in one week and the other flat green style in a few more weeks. She also told me the shiny gold was supposed to be what was shipped with the game from the factory but B/W switched at the last minute to the flat style to save $

Strange....

I've been trying to buy a couple from Kim for the last two or three weeks. I'm guessing the e-mails are being ignored until there's stock?

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from Wisconsinpinball:

Thanks, my customer wants an original. I have one of the crappy repros, and it is not acceptable. Undersized and not much detail. Don't know if it is the same one IPB sells or not, I hope not....

IPB owns the original mold. It is exact. right down to the mounting points

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from Firebaall:

Strange....
I've been trying to buy a couple from Kim for the last two or three weeks. I'm guessing the e-mails are being ignored until there's stock?

Call her. (309-828-6993) I ordered mine over the phone. She's great to work with. The previous owner of my JD had it on order but it wasn't sent out by the time i took delivery on the machine. I called her up, changed payment to me. and she sent it right out.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

is IPB, Illinois Pinball?

yes

#18 11 years ago

We need toppers and deadworld gear kits! What do we have to do?

#19 11 years ago

IPD one is much better than the one I have here. Customer Ok'd it, so I went ahead and ordered one from IPB, they should be shipping them by the end of the week.
Thanks

#20 11 years ago

I own a JD and honestly don't know the difference between original and repo.

My topper is an hard foam type, plus there is a small wire harness, in the back, that is not connected. It appears to be eye lights? I'm not sure.

Any clarifacation on the 2 (type of topper and lighted eyes?)

Thanks Kerry

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from Firebaall:

Strange....

That is strange, she returned my emails promptly, I would think she never received them.

#22 11 years ago

I took some picts of my JD Topper. The eyes have LEDS in them. I don't think they have ever been hooked up. I'm not even sure where to hook them up to.

DSCN1356.JPGDSCN1356.JPG DSCN1357.JPGDSCN1357.JPG DSCN1358.JPGDSCN1358.JPG DSCN1359.JPGDSCN1359.JPG

#24 11 years ago

Nice, thanks!. I was there yesterday and said out of stock. I need to get me sum-a-dat!

#25 11 years ago

Darn. They raised the price to $100. I am almost positive it was $80 yesterday when I was there. are they hammering us with a premium since a few people want them???

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballdad:

Darn. They raised the price to $100. I am almost positive it was $80 yesterday when I was there. are they hammering us with a premium since a few people want them???

yup.

100 is still way less than the Mad Amusements recast. Which is fine. but super heavy and not original in its attachment to the backbox. (if that is your thing)

#28 11 years ago

I'm going to wait until someone buys and receives one. Here is why. There are only two ways to increase profit margins (that I know of). 1) You raise price. 2) You reduce cost. Usually both are coupled together. Soooooo, although it appears it is a small incidental $20 increase, which in general is no big deal, it could be lower quality too. Materials may be different, thickness could be thinner...who knows. I am confident that they do not sell thousands of these everyday...so on a volume of units sold basis, $20 is not really going to make a big difference to the revenue. Odds are probable they reduced costs some also A double Whammy! If I am correct I would be paying more for an inferior product. Perhaps my better option would be to search for stock or an original. I understand an original may not yield success due to dwindling supply availability

I'll wait. GL all!

#29 11 years ago

The $80 mark was for their flawed ones (minute scratches) on the last batch. My understanding is they recently placed a new order. So maybe the new ones aren't flawed?

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

The $80 mark was for their flawed ones (minute scratches) on the last batch. My understanding is they recently placed a new order. So maybe the new ones aren't flawed?

I wish they would have posted that explanation on the official web site. It would explain everything and I would have likely already ordered the thing. Just a few keyboard strokes when you are updating your page would have been so cool Thanks for the info. Maybe I should just buy the thing then?

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballdad:

I wish they would post that explanation on the official web site. It would explain everything and I would have likely alrady ordered the thing

Kim prefers to talk to customers in person on this item.

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Kim prefers to talk to customers in person on this item.

Gotcha! This Kim girl digs us pinball dudes/guys!!! JK So, I really do want a topper for my Dredd. I should call first though and that is no issue for me. Maybe (probably) I will learn something pin related at the same time

#33 11 years ago

I am having a really hard time getting her to sell me one. Been trying to get one for over a month. We have spoke on the phone a few times and she never seems to get back to me. I am pretty disappointed. I guess I will call again.

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

I am having a really hard time getting her to sell me one. Been trying to get one for over a month. We have spoke on the phone a few times and she never seems to get back to me. I am pretty disappointed. I guess I will call again.

Not the end of the world bro. You can still play supergame without it!

#35 11 years ago

I never play Supergame...

#36 11 years ago

IPB never answers the phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

I never play Supergame...

It also won't affect gameplay on regular game.

#38 11 years ago

It would put a smile on my face though, which would make my hands function better. It must be purchased!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

It would put a smile on my face though, which would make my hands function better. It must be purchased!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$100 buys a lot of Jack Daniels.

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

This is my understanding as well. I talked to Kim a couple days ago. She said that they would prefer to save and sell the flawed ones at a show. That way people could see them before buying them.

Good move IMO.

Quoted from o-din:

$100 buys a lot of Jack Daniels.

Not up here! That's only 3 bottles!

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from Firebaall:

Not up here! That's only 3 bottles!

Out here Dredds might be more, but if I buy six Jacks, I get 30% off! Makes it about $90 for a six pack!

#42 11 years ago

Got my topper yesterday via UPS. It was packed well but eagle head came broken. I am pretty bummed. It looks nice, but man it feels cheap and fragile.

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

Got my topper yesterday via UPS. It was packed well but eagle head came broken. I am pretty bummed. It looks nice, but man it feels cheap and fragile.

Well that sucks. Mine came perfect.

#44 11 years ago

Yep. Kim just called me and is going to file a claim. She was right on top of it.

#45 11 years ago

I received mine yesterday. I noticed right away, the 4 sunken spots on front of the wings from where the attaching posts are. Is this typical?

#46 11 years ago

It must be, mine had the same areas. Since it is so shiny, it is really easy to notice those spots. Overall though, the topper looks fantastic...it just feels so damn cheap!

#47 11 years ago

I've ordered one but it'll be a while until I have it since I'm in New Zealand. What are your opinions on the shiny gold finish as opposed to the matt gold on the factory versions?

I'm planning on matching the gold of the topper to a powder coat that I'll apply to the side rails, lock down bar and coin door.

#48 11 years ago

The 'shiny' look is nicer than I thought it would be. I likey

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from mikehay1:

I received mine yesterday. I noticed right away, the 4 sunken spots on front of the wings from where the attaching posts are. Is this typical?

So who found these marks?

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

Shoulda gone with the Jack!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 40.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-judge-dredd-topper-original and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.