Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN2365.JPG
#1 10 years ago

Just like the title says, I'm looking for a nice shiny Judge Dredd topper for my pin.

#2 10 years ago

Any luck OP?

I am after a JD topper as well but would prefer either an original one or a repro matte one but in original colour and light and hollow format for shipping (I have the mounting bracket already). Would also consider a shiny one (after Griffin gets his of course) but again nice and light version please if possible.

Happy to pay IPB prices but not E-Bay if I can help it, also I understand that IPBs weighed around 7lbs is that correct? Can also ship to a USA address no probs if that helps.

PM me please if you can help.

Bump for OP (and me second)

#3 10 years ago

I have this one. It is an older reproduction that is a little lacking in detail (see pic). It is hollow, but I don't know who made it or when it was made. It came with my Dredd, but I have since replaced it with an original. $60 shipped.
DSCN2365.JPGDSCN2365.JPG

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I have this one. It is an older reproduction that is a little lacking in detail (see pic). It is hollow, but I don't know who made it or when it was made. It came with my Dredd, but I have since replaced it with an original. $60 shipped.

Do you mean shipped to NZ or the USA? I have an APB out locally but am interested o-d, just waiting for any local leads to materialise or not.

Are/were the IPB ones hollow?

#5 10 years ago

I already have a perspective buyer locally.

Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

Are/were the IPB ones hollow?

These were hollow, as were the originals, but they, at least the one I got was the wrong color. The solid ones are still available from BAA last I checked.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I already have a perspective buyer locally.

These were hollow, as were the originals, but they, at least the one I got was the wrong color. The solid ones are still available from BAA last I checked.

Keep me posted if buyer falls through. The solid ones weigh 3kgs which costs a fair bit to ship internationally, but if I get desperate enough I guess it will be whatever it costs

still can't find one outside of e-bay or PSPA, does anyone know what the quality of the eagles are like from PSPA, the picks look iffy for the price?

#7 10 years ago

they are ok.. marks just crap at taking photos... next time i go there i'll take you some better ones.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

they are ok.. marks just crap at taking photos... next time i go there i'll take you some better ones.

Thanks.

Anyone else have a JD topper to sell, as mentioned happy to ship to a USA address?

#9 10 years ago

Topper-less bump for the hoarders out there )

#10 10 years ago

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies, sorry I haven't checked the thread for a while, not having any notifications for repsonses kinda kills the activity and I forget to come back and check.

Thanks for the offer, I think I'd rather find one of the crazy shiny toppers if I can.

1 month later
#11 9 years ago

Still looking

#12 9 years ago

Im looking for any topper under $100 if any on net let me know

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from hardy8au:

Im looking for any topper under $100 if any on net let me know

Classy, are there any other threads you'd like me to start for your needs?

#14 9 years ago

An option if you cannot find one locally......*warning* non-USA prices (and just to be clear the website is nothing to do with me although I got mine here recently and service was great).

http://www.gameroom-parts.nl/Parts/Eagle-Judge-Dredd/

#15 9 years ago

So is the original topper flat gold or shiny? Pretty sure my jd is as nice as they come all original and it has a flat gold color

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

So is the original topper flat gold or shiny? Pretty sure my jd is as nice as they come all original and it has a flat gold color

Yep you are right, shiny ones are repro's and I like my one unfortunately many original matt gold eagles are damaged or missing (as in my case). IPB did do matt gold remakes as well, not too sure what the colour match was like though others might chime in who bought or saw them.

1 week later
#17 9 years ago

What did you do for a mounting bracket?

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from CRWgxp:

What did you do for a mounting bracket?

Me personally? I still had the metal mounting bracket attached to my pin, it was bent backwards to be out of sight which would have taken more effort than just unbolting the three bolts holding it on. It is quite thick and I had to use a lump hammer to persuade it back into shape.

I think BAA, Marco's or other sites had the brackets for sale, I did see some available but cannot remember exactly where, search the usual suspects and you will find one.

If you can't find one, worse case I can put up a picture and dimensions and you can get one knocked up easily enough I imagine.

#19 9 years ago

Glad you found one Sly_Old_Devil. The guy that wanted mine backed out, and I kind of put it on the backburner. But the one in the picture above is still available if anybody is interested. Again, it is not the highest quality reproduction, but it is a topper.

#20 9 years ago

An option if you cannot find one locally......*warning* non-USA prices (and just to be clear the website is nothing to do with me although I got mine here recently and service was great).
http://www.gameroom-parts.nl/Parts/Eagle-Judge-Dredd/

Could i ask what the topper was worth shipped? I'm looking for one in Aus but not overly keen on the look of the pspa ones.

Cheers,
Andy

#21 9 years ago

I am also looking for a topper in case more than one becomes available in this thread, thanks.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from Andyj965:

Could i ask what the topper was worth shipped? I'm looking for one in Aus but not overly keen on the look of the pspa ones.
Cheers,
Andy

Original quote was 175 Euros for topper and 25 Euros for shipping, I passed on that, had some good conversations and settled on what I was willing to have one land for but YMMV. PM me if you want to know what I paid landed but I suspect it comes down to how many they have and what mood they are in, suffice to say I paid less than for a PSPA one would have cost me with shipping.

Here is a link to my thread for PICs of mine, it also shows what others thought about the PSPA ones etc

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-alternative-judge-d-toppers-out-there

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Glad you found one Sly_Old_Devil. The guy that wanted mine backed out, and I kind of put it on the backburner. But the one in the picture above is still available if anybody is interested. Again, it is not the highest quality reproduction, but it is a topper.

Thanks o-din.

If I hadn't already bought mine I'd go with o-din's for his great price and spray it up nice and even (see what skywalker did with his PSPA one in my thread).

#24 9 years ago

Thanks o-din.

If I hadn't already bought mine I'd go with o-din's for his great price and spray it up nice and even (see what skywalker did with his PSPA one in my thread).

You're welcome. After the first guy that was local never showed up, I had the next guy on the list ready to buy it, but I got kind of busy and he changed his mind in the mean time. You were next on the list, but I saw you already had one. So I do still have it.

#25 9 years ago

Me personally? I still had the metal mounting bracket attached to my pin, it was bent backwards to be out of sight which would have taken more effort than just unbolting the three bolts holding it on. It is quite thick and I had to use a lump hammer to persuade it back into shape.
I think BAA, Marco's or other sites had the brackets for sale, I did see some available but cannot remember exactly where, search the usual suspects and you will find one.
If you can't find one, worse case I can put up a picture and dimensions and you can get one knocked up easily enough I imagine.

I got mine from MAD Amusements a year or so ago, looks like they're out of stock now unfortunately: http://mad-amusements.com/product.php?id_product=1255

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-judge-dredd-topper-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.