WTB: TAF, BSD, XF, RFM

By NPO

12 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

Hey everyone,

So it's getting near that time - I'm ready to start looking for pin #4!. I live in Dayton, OH to give everyone a point of reference to my location. Basically, the titles listed are what I am looking for. I have contacted some fellow pinsiders that have some of these titles for sale, but that doesn't mean I am ready to nor will I willingly overpay . I am very patient, and I won't overpay just to get it "now now now."

Basically, a good solid machine - NOT CQ or HUO. I say this because some people can do some truly amazing restoration work, and my JP is total proof of it; therefore, HUO/CQ premiums need not apply to me. Playfield should be in excellent condition - no worn out bare wood areas, deep scratches, or flipper wear areas. I understand playfields won't be immaculate; light and loose dust I can understand. Dirt embedded into the playfield = no thanks.

Translite should be full and bright - no fading, running paint, chipped paint gone, or burn areas. Cabinet art - I can understand may be faded (common on BSD for example), but understand that will definitely affect what I am ready and willing to pay. Small sings and dents are understandable too - big, huge chunks of wood missing = no deal or I'll be "honestly lowballing".

Play glass should not have deep scratches that if I run my fingernails across the glass, the scratches stop my nails from continuing across the glass. Legs should not have any rusting on them - that to me is a pretty sure sign of exposed moisture or possible significant temperature changes.

The playfield should be 100% perfectly working - all bulbs should light, all toys should work. Inserts should not be cracked or broken. The game should be 100% fully playable with all switches and indicators/lights working perfectly.

The PCB boards should have no signs of burning, overheating, or shorts/hackjobs.

I am willing to arrange and take care of shipping for the seller, and with that, I know and understand that things can happen in shipping. That's fine - I accept that possibility.

Anyone who is interested in selling any of these titles, you can contact me here or by email at jam96ATstudentsDOTuwfDOTedu. I will request photos of every single area of the machine including under the playfield, ALL the PCB boards behind the translite, and the inside of the cabinet.

Lastly, I just want to be straight and forward in this listing, so please forgive me if this sounds a lil' brash or harsh. I have taken some thorough time and watched what these machines sell for here at Pinside and other various avenues. I understand a dealer is going to sell me a DM for $2495 - I don't expect that here.

I'll help everyone out right here and now: I will not pay more than $3500 for TAF, $1800 for BSD, $2500 for RFM, or $1200 - $1300 for XF. I know what I want and what I am ready and willing to pay. If that means I wait months for the right pin - so be it. I don't care what the pricing trends are on pins lately - we are not talking MB, CV, MM, or AFM here - we are talking very middle of the road pins with the exception of TAF. Bottom line - at the risk of sounding like a jerk - no BS sales please. I know two places right here in Dayton I can go get a HS2 for $3000; I don't need to be here at Pinside for that.

Well, that's about all I got. I've tried to be thorough and honest with what I want and what I expect. Thank you for reading, and if you have something you'd like to sell and it meets the aforementioned description, PM me and we will go from there! Thank you for your time, everyone!

#2 12 years ago

Are you going to the Michigan Expo this weekend? I have a nice condition No Fear I could bring with me. $1500, I can send pictures.

#3 12 years ago

^^^^^^^great pinsider, NPO. Trustworthy...and hilarious.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 1,059.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Rubber/Silicone
ScottieIA Mods

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-jd-dm-no-fear-hs2-t2-tftc-corvette and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.