Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Frax
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Title says it all. Looking for one in excellent shape.

#2 4 years ago

You got a Pinbot and BoP too?

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Gusphan:

Title says it all. Looking for one in excellent shape.

Are you looking for CQ?

Cash or trades?

#4 4 years ago

Don't forget sample or no sample.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Don't forget sample or no sample.

Ain't nobody lookin' for no sample Jackbot man.

People prefer it when they can actually make the shots.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Levi your F'in crazy!

#7 4 years ago

I would love a Jackbot as well Gusphan. I have seen a couple at shows here and there.

#8 4 years ago

Just cash. Doesn't have to be collector quality, but that's always a plus.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Of course, I could be trying to save the guy some trouble, or someone else the trouble of trying to sell to him if he isn't interested or aware of the issue, but sure, go ahead and be a douche.

#10 4 years ago

I need to get some more time on jackbot.

I've owned both pinbot and bride, and both were awesome.

Bump. Line one up at Ohio Show?

#11 4 years ago

I'm not aware of the sample Jack*Bot issue.....

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Gusphan:

Jackbots with colored visor arrows instead of white (this is the simplest way to tell). The games have defective ball locks that result in bounce outs around 50 percent of the time. This affects you in multiball, mega visor, and also double or nothing shots.

I'd say this affects the value of the game, as there is no simple fix for this issue. As an avid Jackbot player I would avoid sample versions of this title.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from Gusphan:

In addition to some cosmetic differences (different ramp plastic sign, colored arrow inserts above the chest grid, some additional flashers under the visor), the locks for the eyes and mode start saucer are different.

Sample Jackbots have the old Pinbot/Space Shuttle type saucer ejects where the ball lands on a plastic plate and is popped out by a metal finger that pokes the ball out of the hole. This was revised for production games. They have "popper" type kickouts, like most of the other modern games of that era do for scoops.

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=3619&picno=31767 You can see the three poppers at the bottom.

The issue is that the way the plastic saucer sits on the underside of the playfield, the metal angle bracket that is suppposed to deflect the ball down into the saucer, combined with the stronger flippers of WPC versus the System 9/11 flippers, means that on a very solid shot to those shots, there is a decent chance that the ball will hit that angle iron with enough force to hit the shallow saucer and come back out.

I would recommend that if you have not played a sample game you at least try to play one before committing to purchasing it. I'm working on something to try and solve this problem for sample Jackbot games..it's not a complicated issue, but it's there. If you're expecting to make all shots 100% of the time, sample game isn't for you.

*Edit* Standard disclaimer: I own a sample Jackbot, and I'm pretty sure there's been some mods done to mine which are NOT factory, and DO *help, but not fix* the bounce-outs....but I need another sample owner to confirm the configuration of their locks..

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

there is no simple fix for this issue

Working on it...if someone else with a sample would help me out with some info, it would help *A LOT*.. just saying...

#15 4 years ago

This would be amazing as there seem to be lots of samples out there. I've owned 2 of them and turned down another 2. Considering only 2,000 JBs were produced it seems a fairly high percentage are samples.

I've tried everything I could think of. Bending brackets, adding foam. Seems like the only solution would be routing the playfield an adding the proper mechs, which doesn't seem easy or inexpensive.

#16 4 years ago

Thanks for clarifying this for me. This makes me think of Williams Indiana Jones and the mode start... I find it incredibly frustrating on that game the number of rejects you get from the mode start. I'll be sure to steer clear from the sample games.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This would be amazing as there seem to be lots of samples out there. I've owned 2 of them and turned down another 2. Considering only 2,000 JBs were produced it seems a fairly high percentage are samples.
I've tried everything I could think of. Bending brackets, adding foam. Seems like the only solution would be routing the playfield an adding the proper mechs, which doesn't seem easy or inexpensive.

While you can certainly do that, you're right. It's expensive and a huge PITA and if you screw it up, there's no going back. I have an idea for a mod, but I need need NEED someone to confirm the way their saucers are installed. Mine have spacers on the eye locks between the wood and the plastic that don't look factory. If it's the same for every game, I can use mine as a template. If it's not normal, I need to remove the spacers and install the saucers as normal to test with..

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside