• Latest reply 11 years ago by gambit3113
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IronMan_is_in_the_GRG_029.JPG
IronMan_is_in_the_GRG_005.JPG
There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago

I want games I own and like re run because more folks should enjoy them as well. That's what this is All about.

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

But the game is done from a layout, mechanics, and software perspective.

It could be argued that the game was basically done from a layout and mechanics perspective since Austin Powers came out

As for the re-issue, I think that there simply isn't enough data out there to see if it can be rerun. So long as they don't re-run the game as a way-better LE, I'm all for it - the more, the merrier.

#53 11 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

It could be argued that the game was basically done from a layout and mechanics perspective since Austin Powers came out

I wasn't going to bring that up!

I guess a re-issue would also need new music, callouts, sounds, etc. as there will also be licensing issues with all of that. So it probably does look like a bit of work. I wonder if Stern has even run the numbers to see if they should consider it.

#54 11 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

I wonder if Stern has even run the numbers to see if they should consider it.

Although with IM3 coming out maybe its time to just do a new version.

#55 11 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

I guess a re-issue would also need new music, callouts, sounds, etc. as there will also be licensing issues with all of that. So it probably does look like a bit of work.

You can re-license older stuff. It's like I said, it works so long as the money is really there for it.

Oh, and don't anyone take my Austin Powers comment as a knock. Iron Man is my favorite game ever by a long shot. I liked Austin Powers quite a bit too, but IM blows it out of the water in every way.

#56 11 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

You can re-license older stuff. It's like I said, it works so long as the money is really there for it.

I was just thinking it makes more sense to update it for the new movie. If they are going to have to renegotiate a license and redesign a toy, may as well update the game. But if the license renewal and redesign isn't too much, a somewhat more simple rerelease may make sense.

#57 11 years ago

My IM can be had for an AC/DC Premium...

#58 11 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

My IM can be had for an AC/DC Premium

Same here! I'd also take an Avengers LE or Premium instead.

-Wes

#59 11 years ago

I would entertain the thought of trading my ACDC Premium for a HUO IM. But it would take something coming back on top. That's not an even trade in my book.

#60 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

would entertain the thought of trading my ACDC Premium for a HUO IM. But it would take something coming back on top. That's not an even trade in my book.

Of course its not, but there's no accounting for crazy.

-Wes

#61 11 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Gary Stern said that Marvel doesn't like to re-license their older stuff when they have a new movie out.

#62 11 years ago

There's an IM for sale over on KLOV in Michigan. I'm not sure if everyone can use this link, but here it is...

http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=264681

Chris

#63 11 years ago

Definitely stay away from the Classic (Costco Version)
Ironman Classic
-
New redesigned MDF cabinet screwed together Ikea style - keep water away from this
No magnets

No kickback

All LED inserts

Stronger slings to compensate for lack of magnet/kickback

Easier rules

Always on Freeplay
no coin mech
no allowance for a shaker nor the back box lighting kits

I have 4 iron mongers, 2 stern modded ones and 2 packaged toys with the only difference is a few parts are modified so the legs can turn in and hands screwed in. The 2 packaged ones are around just check on ebay world and you will find them and these are my experimental toys for leds mods when I get time.

That said, the monger could easily be 3D scanned and printed in an tough abs plastic, custom painted and led chest light designed in for a new IM. The price increase could easily be covered in the cost of a 500 limited run in todays prices so that shouldn't be a deciding factor.

here is a link for a iron monger
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/grab-a-spare-iron-monger-figure-for-your-im#post-645834

#64 11 years ago

IM for sale on KLOV is same as silver spinners on pinside

#65 11 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

IM for sale on KLOV is same as silver spinners on pinside

Got it. Sorry for the double post.

2 weeks later
#66 11 years ago

Ok, so my search continues. Reul1 found a local buyer for his and copperpot is being a super big jerk meanie and won't sell me his.....so I am still looking for an IM.

I keep seeing more WTB posts for IM and I know I'm definitely not the only person looking for one, but could you kind gentlemen keep your eye out for me and let me know if you know of one for sale (or if you might be willing to part with yours?) I am absolutely willing to ship and will make all shipping arrangements.
Thanks!
Joe

#67 11 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Gary Stern said that Marvel doesn't like to re-license their older stuff when they have a new movie out.

I missed this, but since it was resurrected...

He also said that Tron would never be run again.

#68 11 years ago

The reasons are different for the TRON runs vs. IM re-run. TRON was an issue of not having toys and the translite being too expensive to reproduce. They found a bunch of the toys and made the decision to go with an new translite.

IM is out of license. With IM3 due out this year, you can bet that Marvel would insist on new art and characters included to re-new a license.

#69 11 years ago

Oh man. I knew I should have just started a new WTB thread

#70 11 years ago
Quoted from TheBaron:

copperpot is being a super big jerk meanie and won't sell me his.....so I am still looking for an IM.

I'll absolutely sell you mine, everything is for sale, you just have to come up with enough crazy cash to make the deal happen ...

Honestly though, I played IM for 45 minutes last night. It's the best game ever made. I don't care if its bare bones and doesn't have drop targets and was coded by Ronnie Lopp and it's made of plastic and EVEN IF IT HAS A GIANT HOLE IN THE BOTTOM I wouldn't care because ironman will be 10k by Christmas. Jesus, did I get enough pinside drama into that last sentence or what?

-Wes

#71 11 years ago

Good Luck !!! I'm Loving mine

IronMan_is_in_the_GRG_005.JPGIronMan_is_in_the_GRG_005.JPG IronMan_is_in_the_GRG_029.JPGIronMan_is_in_the_GRG_029.JPG

#72 11 years ago

So this is kind of interesting... I've been calling around to north American Stern distributors and there are quite a few of the home model still out there. Mostly just sitting on showroom floors. You guys must be right - it must really suck.

#73 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

IM is out of license. With IM3 due out this year, you can bet that Marvel would insist on new art and characters included to re-new a license.

LOTR was out of license for a long time and it got relicensed.

I know that most people don't work with licensed stuff, but from a guy who did in one of my previous jobs, this is not nearly the issue that people make it out to be. Companies - including Marvel - allow licensors to use older things when it is prudent to do so, usually due to financial things.

This would be no different.

If IM isn't re-run, it has less to do with licensing and probably more to do with the fact there has been an outstanding run of games from Stern lately, and there is no reason to work on overcoming the few small issues on IM like a new Monger assembly when they could instead produce and sell tons of ACDC, Tron, Avengers, and whatever else.

Although IM is the flavor of the month right now, it was NOT a hit by any means when it was released amongst the collector community.

#74 11 years ago

I'd say it is a little more than "flavor of the month". As more people discover it, more demand due to the overall package. FUN game.

#75 11 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

I'd say it is a little more than "flavor of the month". As more people discover it, more demand due to the overall package. FUN game.

+1. Love mine.

#76 11 years ago

I love to hate mine.

#77 11 years ago
Quoted from TheBaron:

So this is kind of interesting... I've been calling around to north American Stern distributors and there are quite a few of the home model still out there. Mostly just sitting on showroom floors. You guys must be right - it must really suck.

Yes, the home model is awful. Full-sized Zizzle.

#78 11 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

I mean that more as a thing to talk about. I've claimed it was the best game ever made since the day it came out. It seems like you can't go to this site though and not have five IM conversations on the front page. That's what I mean by flavor of the month. MM and AFM don't get talked about as much.

#79 11 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I mean that more as a thing to talk about. I've claimed it was the best game ever made since the day it came out. It seems like you can't go to this site though and not have five IM conversations on the front page. That's what I mean by flavor of the month. MM and AFM don't get talked about as much.

Don't forget about Judge Dredd being one of the current flavors

#80 11 years ago

Man, you aren't kidding. JD and IM are all the rage.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 24.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-iron-man-pinball-1/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.