New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 93176)

WTB: IPB Big Bang Bar $11,000

By haiderdj

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Aurich
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Title says it all.

Must be in good working condition.

PM me with your offers.

#3 6 years ago

Well played, haiderdj. well played.

Marcus

#4 6 years ago

That would be a tidy profit for someone that bought one new. GLWB!

#5 6 years ago

Xerico scores and flips it to Haiderdj.!!

Kim

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Xerico scores and flips it to Haiderdj.!!
Kim

Cool Grand in my pocket... *wink*

#7 6 years ago

Come up another 6 grand and you actually have a chance!

1 month later
#8 6 years ago

Still looking...

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Come up another 6 grand and you actually have a chance!

Why thumbs down an accurate post? Total Dbags.

#10 6 years ago

Wish I was closer

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Why thumbs down an accurate post? Total Dbags.

Some here on Pinside can't stand reality!

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Said Teekee while he looked in the mirror.

#13 6 years ago

I want a BBB too for $11k......

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

The reality is prices are coming down , time to retreat to your doomsday bunker..

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

The reality is prices are coming down , time to retreat to your doomsday bunker..

Prices are coming down... BBB's down to $19,500 from $20,000

#16 6 years ago

I thought you were offering $11k ....

#17 6 years ago

I would think $15K would have some people come out of the woodwork with some

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I thought you were offering $11k ....

You're confused... again.

I would gladly buy one for $11k but know that's not reality.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

but know that's not reality.

...hence the

#20 6 years ago

Hang in there...

PPS

PPS
Pinball addict
1,705,300 2
Planet Earth
9 Minutes, 37 Seconds Ago # Quote Report Ignore
Kiwipinhead said:
PPS system only emulates WPC95 games.(so far) So I would think the next pin will a WPC95

While that is true ... much of the work is already done for emulating 90's DMD games. We will obviously have new 'things' to address with new games that I'm sure will have some game specific that were not in previous games. And yes it would be some additional work to say do WPC or Capcom or ... but not alot of work give what has already been done ...

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

I want a BBB too for $11k......

Just wait for PPS to make them.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Just wait for PPS to make them.

Yea you'll be able to get a nib for around 10,000.00. Ed

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

Yea you'll be able to get a nib for around 10,000.00. Ed

... and that's just one reason why it will never happen. You won't find 100 people to buy one at 10k. Struggle to find a couple hundred buyers at 8k. If you want a BBB plan on spending $18k plus for an original IPB.

#24 6 years ago

BBB will be remade at a price point of $10,000. There will be at least 300 people willing to buy.

#25 6 years ago

Couldn't agree more...

If PPS made a 1000 machine run...and capped it at 1000. They sell them out at 8k faster than MM

Quoted from pinlawyer:

BBB will be remade at a price point of $10,000. There will be at least 300 people willing to buy.

#26 6 years ago

I agree with teekee. The general consensus is that BBB just isn't that fun to play and is more of a status symbol. You don't buy a remake as a status symbol. You buy one to have a NIB pin that you really want but don't want to spend the extra $5k+ on an original in great/restored condition.

Most people have played MM and really enjoy it. Not many people have even played BBB enough to drop $10k. I have and I won't.

#27 6 years ago

I'd be a buyer at 10,000.00 for a remake. Ed

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

I agree with teekee. The general consensus is that BBB just isn't that fun to play and is more of a status symbol. You don't buy a remake as a status symbol. You buy one to have a NIB pin that you really want but don't want to spend the extra $5k+ on an original in great/restored condition.

Most people have played MM and really enjoy it. Not many people have even played BBB enough to drop $10k. I have and I won't.

I really wonder how much BBB would go if there were a lot more of them. Let's say around the number of AFM or MM. I think it would go around 5000$ then.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

I agree with teekee. The general consensus is that BBB just isn't that fun to play and is more of a status symbol. You don't buy a remake as a status symbol.

You also don't spend 10-20k on a status symbol. It's a sweet game, that's why it's in demand. Funny how everyone's out to call it a piece of shit, now....If it was a piece of shit, Gene wouldn't have remade it. If it was a piece of shit, people wouldn't keep paying more and more for it.

Quoted from pinlawyer:

I don't think Rick would price a game that high. $8k he could sell 500+ easy....$6.5k - 1000+

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

I'd be a buyer at 10,000.00 for a remake. Ed

You guys just dont get. These posts are what made MM 8k. You are telling them to charge more!

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

You guys just dont get. These posts are what made MM 8k. You are telling them to charge more!

Exactly… charge two grand more for a mediocre pin that is only popular and in demand because of its rarity, its history and extreme collectibility… none of which you will get with a remake. Anyone willing to pay 10 grand for a BBB remake just isn't thinking straight.

#32 6 years ago

Remake #1 (IPB) or Remake #2 (PPS)?

Kinda confused on which remake isn't worth 10k

Quoted from teekee:

Exactly… charge two grand more for a mediocre pin that is only popular and in demand because of its rarity, its history and extreme collectibility… none of which you will get with a remake. Anyone willing to pay 10 grand for a BBB remake just isn't thinking straight.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Remake #1 (IPB) or Remake #2 (PPS)?
Kinda confused on which remake isn't worth 10k

You must have been sleeping when I gave my BBB class 101… Capcom made a few prototypes and IPB put them into production. No BBB remake… I hope this is not too difficult for you to grasp.

Gene could barely get 190 people to bite at $4500 and now all of a sudden because its rare and extremely collectible and valuable everyone wants one… and some actually think they will get this with a remake. Ohhh Pinside!

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

You must have been sleeping when I gave my BBB class 101… Capcom made a few prototypes and IPB put them into production. No BBB remake… I hope this is not too difficult for you to grasp.
Gene could barely get 190 people to bite at $4500 and now all of a sudden because its rare and extremely collectible and valuable everyone wants one… and some actually think they will get this with a remake. Ohhh Pinside!

Different times. Unproven company in IPB when fully loaded Stern machines were at $4k. now it takes $6.5K to get a Stern Premium model. at 6.5K these will stand up to any modern Stern premium machine and sell 1000+. At 8K I still think there are 500+ people willing to buy. At 10K you're really just going to hit up the collector market who is otherwise not buying the originals because of the 15k+ price and they might sell 200-300.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You also don't spend 10-20k on a status symbol. It's a sweet game, that's why it's in demand. Funny how everyone's out to call it a piece of shit, now....If it was a piece of shit, Gene wouldn't have remade it. If it was a piece of shit, people wouldn't keep paying more and more for it.

I don't think Rick would price a game that high. $8k he could sell 500+ easy....$6.5k - 1000+

I don't think they are saying it's a pile of pooh but what I think they are saying is that it's just not a $10K+ game if it wasn't so rare. I've played it a handful of times and enjoyed the game because of the humor. Game play was just OK though. If they made a normal number of these pins I would bet it would be a solid B+ game due to the humor and artwork.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I don't think they are saying it's a pile of pooh but what I think they are saying is that it's just not a $10K+ game if it wasn't so rare.

There are plenty of people who want one because it's a cool game, rarity isn't an issue. If people are willing to spend 20k on it, then surely people are willing to spend 10k. I'm willing to spend 8k.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Couldn't agree more...
If PPS made a 1000 machine run...and capped it at 1000. They sell them out at 8k faster than MM

They won't cap it at 1000 though. If there's money to be made by making more machines, they're going to keep making machines as long as they can keep selling them.

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I think a lot of people would spend money on a status symbol. Look at Rolex.

It's not a pos though, sheesh, that's harsh. It's fine and fun and pretty and a status symbol =) . It's just not up there with the new Stern machines or the A listers. AFM , MB , mm , LOTR , Congo , cv , RS , WW , RBION , all are more fun to play. And the acdc Metallica STar Trek are WAY better. But that same thing goes for a lot of older titles. The rarity and my inability to find one in Arkansas drove my purchase, not gameplay. I had certainly never played one when I purchased.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

I think a lot of people would spend money on a status symbol. Look at Rolex.

People also enjoy watches though, it's not just about something empty that you tell people you have to make them impressed.

Are there Rolex wearers who do that? Sure. Are there people who enjoy their Rolex for themselves and DGAF what you think too? Definitely!

As with most status symbols, there has to be some substance there first to become one.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside