image-601.jpg
image-759.jpg
image-646.jpg
image-421.jpg
amazing feet.jpg
math.gif
beanie babies.jpg
asari_pole_dance b.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PEN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Another post generated by jealousy...

Are you selling thumbs down on the open market or just collecting them?

#115 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Very true… sadly that was the goal all along. Some just can't stand it when people do well, take a risk and hit it big. If I can't win no one wins. If I missed out I should get another chance, if I can't afford it no one should enjoy it… we all must win!
I know, let's make up unfounded rumors and punish them… sad but pretty much the world today.

Dude.... I happen to be a firm believer in capitalism, but your take on it seems confused, disjointed, and boarder line crony capitalist. Everything does not come down to jealousy envy and greed. Some people just want to own a game. There is no reason why a company should not be able to provide them with said game if they can make it happen.

BBB may or may not be made. MM is being remade. Its only a pinball machine. If you really are as wrapped up into the value/collecting as your posts seem to indicate.....well, It just strikes me as odd.

As a side note, PPS and the MMR remake is a perfect example of the natural process of Capitalism. They are providing a good for those who want it, and making a profit. Its not their concern to worry about your investments in the original.

No hard feelings.

#123 9 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Bally/WMS snob, sorry. Not gonna happen.

If a large portion of revenue is tied up buying remakes, who is buying the new stuff? If no one is buying the new stuff, what happens to those companies?
Remakes just might bring about the death of pinball.

Buy from Stern, JJP, and Spooky Pinball. Actions speak loader than words. That is what I have been trying to do with my limited budget. I still need to make the leap to Spooky for the trifecta.

#132 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I like the smaller board and new set up on MM much better! And yes despite looking cool I would take a new car over my old muscle car every time. The technology while smaller is way better. DSC, LED Lighting engine chips etc.
If you want a pretty box or car to sit in the driveway grab an old classic. If you want a better machine to play and enjoy or a car thats safer and better to drive go new. Its that simple.

As long as we feel safer playing MMR.

#152 9 years ago

Lets get some reality back to this collectors spending 20k on a pin being the backbone of the hobby. Phhht.

There are not that many people who have spent that much on one game. Most MM owners bought their game for under 5k and shopped the thing out themselves after buying the thing from an operator.

The people responsible for keeping this hobby alive are diverse in income and scope of collection. Take a deep breath. I think I will start a poll to get a sample estimate.

#203 9 years ago

You know what would stop me from collecting 90s games. Overly inflated prices on games. If most games from the 90s did what MM did (in terms of price) I would be looking at a collection of Solid state games or Arcade vids in my basement.

Then again, I have stopped buying all but new games lately anyway, and I am not buying a MMR.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PEN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-ipb-big-bang-bar-10000?tu=PEN and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.