WTB in Socal

By Force951

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

So i finally got the funds together to get my first real pin. So i am looking for a FT, RCT , SP , or WCS in driving distance from socal. I would consider a F14 , NF , SoF, or other of the better low cost machines if i could play them first before deciding. Any help finding a machine would be appreciated.

#2 11 years ago

craigslist and cash my friend. When an add pops up don't ask for pictures, ask to come see it. It's always better to barter in person, don't send the email stating I'd buy it for XXX (lower) amount. So-Cal is a very competitive pin market with collectors and flippers who have apps on their phones alerting them of new craigslist postings.

good luck on your search. (unless it's one I want)

#3 11 years ago

Thats the plan right now TZBen, just hoping i could get a lead on one from here. I have been looking for the last week or 2 just haven't found one i could pull the trigger on yet.

#4 11 years ago

a week or two hmmm.

Patience is your friend. Good luck.

#5 11 years ago

I have a WCS94, PinBot, and Eight Ball Deluxe LE that I plan to sell to make room. All are player quality. They've been shopped and serviced to play right but have typical wear.

#6 11 years ago

You will never find what you are looking for, just look for anything and you will find sonething cool. Use that to get what you want.

#7 11 years ago

I am taking a look at a Road Show tonight. Besides wear on the fish (How much is too much?) is there anything else i should be on the look out for?

#8 11 years ago

Looking as we'll. should we expect to pay more than the stated values here on pinside? Do those values reflect used and shopped or prime to beater?

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from Force951:

I am taking a look at a Road Show tonight. Besides wear on the fish (How much is too much?) is there anything else i should be on the look out for?

Make sure the heads work 100% ...they're a pain in the ass to remove. The usual B/W problems - burnt connectors which may cause G.I. issues or resets....resets caused by bridge rectifiers. Road Show came w/ a shaker, make sure it's still there lol...hmmm...I guess the other usual stuff - go into the test menu, make sure all the coils, diverters, etc are working.

Quoted from HB_GAMER:

Looking as we'll. should we expect to pay more than the stated values here on pinside? Do those values reflect used and shopped or prime to beater?

Pay what you're comfortable paying. I think Pinside values tend to be on the high side, but I think that's also because they're taking into account that games are fully shopped/dialed-in/modded, etc.

Do you want a game you can fix yourself, or a game that's 100% plug-and-play. Those factors can greatly affect the prices one should pay.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

Database prices or forum prices? Database listed prices I'd think are on the low/unshopped/routed side of things

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Make sure the heads work 100% ...they're a pain in the ass to remove. The usual B/W problems - burnt connectors which may cause G.I. issues or resets....resets caused by bridge rectifiers. Road Show came w/ a shaker, make sure it's still there lol...hmmm...I guess the other usual stuff - go into the test menu, make sure all the coils, diverters, etc are working.

Thanks for the info, the heads were both working. Everything else looked to be working and so besides some wear by the fish it all looked good. I ended up picking it up, but i don't have help getting it up to my place till tomorrow.

Quoted from HB_GAMER:

Alot depends on where you get it from as well. If you have an idea of what you are looking for if anyone gets back to me with what you want i'll send them your way.

#12 11 years ago

Care to divulge the price? I have looked at a few, but I think they have been overpriced. If not thats cool. Great pin, congrats!

#13 11 years ago

I have a buddy with a Twilight Zone for sale if interested in San Diego

Chris

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from mrpostman:

Care to divulge the price? I have looked at a few, but I think they have been overpriced. If not thats cool. Great pin, congrats!

I sent you a PM with the price.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from Profgrif:

I have a buddy with a Twilight Zone for sale if interested in San Diego

PM sent

#16 11 years ago

Hey you aren't that far from me. Come play pinball sometime.

#17 11 years ago

Database pricing. Looking for the first pin, prefibally in the top hundred but really like RFM, SPP, LOTR, IJ4, etc. Almost pulled the trigger on DM but I thought 2,200 was a bit high.

#18 11 years ago

I compared prices to the bostonpinball.biz chart and what i saw them going for locally.

I seem to remember coming across a couple RFM, and a LOTR but some of the others might take a little while to come along.

Also i had better luck posting a ad saying i was looking for a machine on craigslist.

#19 11 years ago

Anyboby have a TFTC in CA for possible sale please PM me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Euless, TX
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-in-socal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.