(Topic ID: 13293)

WTB: In Minneapolis/St. Paul area looking for a Pin to add to my game room.

By jonogo

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by jonogo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I'd like to keep it under $1,000 USD unless its something that I really like and/or want. I am looking for anything 1980-2000 with a decent amount of re-playability.

Examples of games that I would consider:
Who Dunnit?
Police Force
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Haunted House
Comet
Cyclone
Taxi
Slugfest

I realize that some of these are going to reasonably be more than $1,000 and that is why I said "unless its something that I really like and/or want".

I am willing to drive to come get it, this of course depends on a comparison of mileage vs desire.. ie I'll drive farther for something I REALLY want.

Thanks for looking! Send me a Pinsidemail with what you have, where you are, and what you want and hopefully we can strike a deal!

Josh

#2 9 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

I'd like to keep it under $1,000 USD unless its something that I really like and/or want. I am looking for anything 1980-2000 with a decent amount of re-playability.
WHO dunnit?
Police Force
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Haunted House
Comet
Cyclone
Taxi
SlugFest
I realize that some of these are going to reasonably be more than $1,000 and that is why I said "unless its something that I really like and/or want".
I am willing to drive to come get it, this of course depends on a comparison of mileage vs desire.. ie I'll drive farther for something I REALLY want.
Thanks for looking! Send me a Pinsidemail with what you have, where you are, and what you want and hopefully we can strike a deal!
Josh

Don't know if they are for sale, but you can play Taxi and Police Force at SS Billards in Hopkins and you can play Taxi, Police Force, STTNG, Who Dunnit and Comet at Blainbrook Bowl in Blaine. The Who Dunnit there used to be my game and it was the first pinball machine I ever bought.

#3 9 years ago

I have a nice Doctor Who I would sell you for 1450.

#4 9 years ago

I had blast on that WHO dunnit! After playing it a while, it's certainly on my list. Don't forget that Pinball Circus is coming up at SS Billiards. Wish I could be there.

#5 9 years ago

I saw that on their schedule. What happens at this Pinball Circus?

#6 9 years ago

And jonogo, I don't know if you'd be willing to travel, but I was looking at the WI craigslist and noticed a Police Force for 950 in Madison.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Esohny:

I saw that on their schedule. What happens at this Pinball Circus?

Two days of pinball fun for $20, all pinball machines on free play both days. Sunday noon to 10pm is pretty much play pinball and two tournaments.

Saturday noon to midnight, is one day one ball TOPS tournaments, Goose Egg event, two pinball tournaments. And during the day pop, hot dogs, and pizza from Pizza Luce' every two hours.

Things like that.

LTG

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from MMuller:

I have a nice Doctor Who I would sell you for 1450.

Are you going to the Midwest Gaming Classic Mike?

#9 9 years ago

I'll price these for you. Prices added below, IMHO, average working nice games. Granted if you can find cheaper, great, all depends on seller and condition. Good luck.
Try Pinball Warehouse, Pinball Plus, Nabours Novelty, and of course craigslist.
There is a nice Dr Who for sale by a friend of mine in Buffalo.

Quoted from jonogo:

WHO dunnit? $1500
Police Force $1200
Star Trek: The Next Generation $2400
Haunted House $1500
Comet $1000
Cyclone $1400
Taxi $1400
SlugFest $1200
Josh

#10 9 years ago

Wow, thanks for all the info guys! I've contacted Pinball Warehouse and Pinball Plus. Plus isnt selling anything right now, only doing restorations. Warehouse, has a ton for sale, so I'll be making a trip out there soon. I've never heard of Nabours, but I'll be looking them up soon, as well.

I've considered your friends Dr. Who @mnpinball. However, I'm concerned that my 8 yr old and I may not enjoy it since neither one of us have played it before. My son really liked Police Force. I believe some of that had to do with the fact that Animals were dressed like people and he really got a kick out of the moving cop car.

I think we will be going to Pinball Circus, sounds like a good way to try out new pins.

That Police force in Madison sold yesterday

Thanks again!

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

Wow, thanks for all the info guys! I've contacted Pinball Warehouse and Pinball Plus. Plus isnt selling anything right now, only doing restorations. Warehouse, has a ton for sale, so I'll be making a trip out there soon. I've never heard of Nabours, but I'll be looking them up soon, as well.
I've considered your friends Dr. Who @mnpinball. However, I'm concerned that my 8 yr old and I may not enjoy it since neither one of us have played it before. My son really liked Police Force. I believe some of that had to do with the fact that Animals were dressed like people and he really got a kick out of the moving cop car.
I think we will be going to Pinball Circus, sounds like a good way to try out new pins.
That Police Force in Madison sold yesterday
Thanks again!

You should definately go to the Pinball Circus. It is a great way to try out new pins and for the little ones to get maximum value for the money as all the games are on freeplay. Police Force is real one trick pony where you just hit the middle ramp shot as many times as you can in a row to get millions upon millions of points. Of course, most of the late 80's WMS games have some repetitive feature like that anyway.

#12 9 years ago

yay pinball circus! I'll be there

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

I should point out if your bring your son, entrance fee for children is half price.

LTG

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

jonogo said:I think we will be going to Pinball Circus, sounds like a good way to try out new pins.
I should point out if your bring your son, entrance fee for children is half price.
LTG

SWEET! I'll make it a point to make it out there w/ my boy. Thanks all!

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside