Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 125 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by gutz
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ICB_(resized).jpg
    icecold_(resized).jpg
    DSC08019_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    ICB_(resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 7 years ago

bump.

Seems like all the leads on this title constantly go silent.

#52 7 years ago

May be worthwhile to put an ad up on KLOV. It's certainly a hot title at the moment, but they do come up for sale occasionally.

#53 7 years ago

I have never been on KLOV but may have to check it out. I am not in a super hurry, just odd that I think I am on my 4th contact where a seller opens discussion, we talk trades or purchase, we talk shipping logitics or pickup option, and then radio silence.

#54 7 years ago

I played ICB at DanD's house recently. That game is so difficult! I wouldn't want one because it would drive me insane.

#55 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I have never been on KLOV but may have to check it out. I am not in a super hurry, just odd that I think I am on my 4th contact where a seller opens discussion, we talk trades or purchase, we talk shipping logitics or pickup option, and then radio silence.

Some people can be stingy with their games. Especially a title that's so desirable these days, people may want to try squeezing every possible penny out of the seller.

#56 7 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Grrrr..... does he have any others????? he asks hopefully

No. I talk to him daily. When he gets things in I want, I get them.

#57 7 years ago

I picked up a Zeeks peak playfield years ago, and I have a used ICB control panel. Now all I need is a cabinet, power supply, main board, and a glass. Some day I will make something out of it.

Good luck in your search for ICB. Bump

#58 7 years ago

I have found a couple project ones now.

How hard are these to repair? Any parts that are unobtanium?

#59 7 years ago

My understanding is that they are pretty simple machines

#60 7 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

2 years ago there was a guy in VA selling two of these in the 700 range and I foolishly didn't pick one up. I've been kicking myself ever since!

I was one of the buyers of these. The guy actually managed to find three of them(!) at once. He salvaged the best parts from each for the one he was going to keep and then fixed up the other two for sale. He put a lot of work into them, like building new bases and back doors and fixing the mechanics. Mine's played fine without any major issue since I brought it home.

Quoted from Whysnow:

I have found a couple project ones now.
    How hard are these to repair? Any parts that are unobtanium?

Phoenix Arcade has made a replacement glass with screened graphics:
    http://www.phoenixarcade.com/art.htm#ICE_COLD_BEER_

And there is replacement sideart floating around.

Mechanics seem to be an issue though. From what I understand, it's hard to find the exact same motors now, and it's difficult to refit the gears onto the rotors.

I'd like to find a source for the telescoping rod in the game.

Someone has built a new version of the game called Space Base, so it must not be impossible to find or recreate all of its components. Pretty cool:
    http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=140466.0

In any case, Ice Cold Beer was the best game room purchase I've made. I wouldn't sell it for double what it's worth. It's my absolute favorite game and I'd get rid of all my pins and vids before it. I don't think you'll regret buying one when you find it.

#61 7 years ago

Amazed at that thread and whats been done!

Im not a member, and the last post shared difficulty in reaching the person who created the final version.

Anyone know who this is and how to reach them?

I have been buzzing for 20 years to make a wall mounted version with interchangeable "playfields" of both art, and hole layout,
    to allow for large branding diversity, and licensing. Variety of play with this, and no floor footprint, where part of my goals.

Anyone want to consider a project?

#62 7 years ago
    Quoted from XXVII:

I was one of the buyers of these. The guy actually managed to find three of them(!) at once. He salvaged the best parts from each for the one he was going to keep and then fixed up the other two for sale. He put a lot of work into them, like building new bases and back doors and fixing the mechanics. Mine's played fine without any major issue since I brought it home.

Phoenix Arcade has made a replacement glass with screened graphics:
    http://www.phoenixarcade.com/art.htm#ICE_COLD_BEER_
    And there is replacement sideart floating around.
    Mechanics seem to be an issue though. From what I understand, it's hard to find the exact same motors now, and it's difficult to refit the gears onto the rotors.
    I'd like to find a source for the telescoping rod in the game.
    Someone has built a new version of the game called Space Base, so it must not be impossible to find or recreate all of its components. Pretty cool:
    http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=140466.0
    In any case, Ice Cold Beer was the best game room purchase I've made. I wouldn't sell it for double what it's worth. It's my absolute favorite game and I'd get rid of all my pins and vids before it. I don't think you'll regret buying one when you find it.

I saw some repro motors for sale online recently, can't find them now. They were pretty reasonable, about $80 IIRC

#63 7 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Im not a member, and the last post shared difficulty in reaching the person who created the final version.
    I have been buzzing for 20 years to make a wall mounted version with interchangeable "playfields" of both art, and hole layout,
    to allow for large branding diversity, and licensing. Variety of play with this, and no floor footprint, where part of my goals.

That sounds like a cool project.

For a while, I was kicking around an idea to make an ICB cabinet with an X-Men theme. I'd want to have a DMD mounted in the top of the cabinet for additional immersion, and reuse the DMD animations from the Stern game and maybe the the Zen Pinball FX2 X-Men titles to fill it. My idea was to have the X-Men face a bunch of villains represented by each of the holes (plenty of DMD animations from the pins, and audio from the X-Men cartoons to make that happen) with Magneto at the top hole, and then maybe have some additional modes, like you spontaneously need to get a ball into a specific hole in a certain time limit for a bonus or Magneto randomly screws with the bar or whatever.

With modern tech, you could easily bling it out with RGB LEDs, edge lighting, etc. to make it really flashy. I think it would be cool if the game recorded the inputs from the joysticks on successful runs to holes, then have the game "play itself" by replaying those recordings to the motors when the cabinet is running in its attract mode.

#64 7 years ago
    Quoted from XXVII:

For a while, I was kicking around an idea to make an ICB cabinet with an X-Men theme. I'd want to have a DMD mounted in the top of the cabinet for additional immersion, and reuse the DMD animations from the Stern game and maybe the the Zen Pinball FX2 X-Men titles to fill it. My idea was to have the X-Men face a bunch of villains represented by each of the holes (plenty of DMD animations from the pins, and audio from the X-Men cartoons to make that happen) with Magneto at the top hole, and then maybe have some additional modes, like you spontaneously need to get a ball into a specific hole in a certain time limit for a bonus or Magneto randomly screws with the bar or whatever.
    With modern tech, you could easily bling it out with RGB LEDs, edge lighting, etc. to make it really flashy. I think it would be cool if the game recorded the inputs from the joysticks on successful runs to holes, then have the game "play itself" by replaying those recordings to the motors when the cabinet is running in its attract mode.

That would be amazing!

#65 7 years ago

There was someone who had one listed FT on KLOV. I think he was in Virginia.

#66 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

bump.
    Seems like all the leads on this title constantly go silent.

I have an Ice Cold Beer for sale!! I'm not silent.

DSC08019_(resized).JPGDSC08019_(resized).JPG

#67 7 years ago

thanks Bryan.

I have a friend that may have located one for me that is more local. I will loop back if nothing works out. Your price plus condition plus shipping combined are likely out of my range of what I am looking for.

I appreciate you reaching out though.

#68 7 years ago

most recent one for sale i came upon...

Seller "I have one for sale. 1400-1500 is fair market IMO."

Me "I agree, please shoot over some pics so I can see condition. I am interested"
    Me "Pics look good. I will give you $1500"

Seller " I want 1750 for it"

LOL. WTH? Never had a possible sale like that before.

#69 7 years ago

What about this version? You said in the first post "any version"

icecold_(resized).jpgicecold_(resized).jpg

#70 7 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I'd be interested in doing a custom DIY version and would love to collaborate on ideas. Can we start a new thread?

Edit: here we go: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-ice-cold-beer-type-game#post-3260814

#71 7 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

What about this version? You said in the first post "any version"

Is that the ICE version?

I am admittedly not familiar with the entire history of the game.

Shoot me a call and let me know details Troy.

#72 7 years ago

Ice version plays smoother, IMO.

#73 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Is that the ICE version?
    I am admittedly not familiar with the entire history of the game.
    Shoot me a call and let me know details Troy.

Yep, that is the one I have, the i.c.e. version. I like it a bit better than the taito original. That one is missing the side art, but I have nos side art you could have scanned and recreated.

#74 7 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Ice version plays smoother, IMO.

Agreed... It also has a couple more holes too.

#75 7 years ago

Can you buy the ICE machine NIB?

#76 7 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Can you buy the ICE machine NIB?

Nope... They didn't make very many of them. I have a NOS stash of extras that includes front glass, all the holes, belts, side art and tmolding.

You don't see much for these come up for sale very often.

#77 7 years ago

Found

Thanks all that helped!

#78 7 years ago

Awesome!

#79 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Found
    Thanks all that helped!

Congrats, which version did you end up with?

#80 7 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Congrats, which version did you end up with?

ICE version. I figured if it is the one you like better then it must be the better one.

Also did some research and seems like parts are more readily available for it than the older one. I also like that it has 12 holes instead of 10.

It also worked out nicely that JayBird is already making a delivery on the same route and was able to bring it to me for a very reasonable shipping price. Saved me some time which is a plus.

#81 7 years ago

Nice!

#82 7 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

but I have nos side art you could have scanned and recreated.

I will likely hit you up to borrow the side art at some point.

thanks

#83 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I will likely hit you up to borrow the side art at some point.
    thanks

No problem.... Staples can probably scan it pretty easily, it isn't huge.

#84 7 years ago

Glad you got one. I put a few games on Ralph's a few weeks ago, and it's a fun game. Are you going to put it out on route?

#85 7 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Glad you got one. I put a few games on Ralph's a few weeks ago, and it's a fun game. Are you going to put it out on route?

that is the plan. Clean it up and then likely put it at one of the East Side locations.

#86 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

that is the plan. Clean it up and then likely put it at one of the East Side locations.

Hopefully in a bar. Because in an arcade environment, both Zeak's Peke and ICB did not make much money. Even after we installed the tickets dispensers. As I recall, the games only setting was only like 1 ticket per hole or every other hole. Which would never approach the desired 7 tickets average per player per coin.

I'm sure the ICE made game offered better settings. But in a paid environment, the game is a novelty at best.

#87 7 years ago

With all this talk about ICB I had to go and play a few games on mine. I had to tighten up the belts fist, so it would work right.

#88 7 years ago
    Quoted from CactusJack:

Hopefully in a bar. Because in an arcade environment, both Zeak's Peke and ICB did not make much money. Even after we installed the tickets dispensers. As I recall, the games only setting was only like 1 ticket per hole or every other hole. Which would never approach the desired 7 tickets average per player per coin.
    I'm sure the ICE made game offered better settings. But in a paid environment, the game is a novelty at best.

thanks for pissin in my cherrios this morn

It is going into a bar. I had antother novelty game in with the pins which I sold (slugfest) and the manager asked for an ICB specifically. I am looking forward to surprising him with it. He is a cool guy and kind of a buddy now.

#89 7 years ago

Congrats on the pick-up. I have the ICE version that needed some work when I got it. The ICE folks were quite helpful and I was able to order replacement parts and factory sideart. It's a beautiful machine and won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

#90 7 years ago
    Quoted from dudah:

I saw some repro motors for sale online recently, can't find them now. They were pretty reasonable, about $80 IIRC

Marco has repro motor/gear box. http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/59-00063-001

#91 7 years ago

Zeke's Peak just popped up on Ebay right here in Los Angeles for $2500. I'm so tempted to buy it, this is seriously my favorite arcade game of all time... somebody stop me.

#92 7 years ago

Also, if you route out an ICB/ZP you are not a very bright person.

#93 7 years ago
    Quoted from Neuromancer87:

why is that exactly?

#94 7 years ago
    Quoted from Neuromancer87:

#95 7 years ago

Are the dimensions listed anywhere on the net (for the ICE version)?

#96 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

why is that exactly?

Yes, I want to know that too????

In a bar environment, competitive games are very popular ( ever hear of darts or pool?). ICB has the potential of doing very well if casual gambling occurs. And just like tournament pinball, players will pay to practice.

The problem is the game is easily mastered by some and never by others. It therefore has a rather short lived earning potential.

#97 7 years ago

the one that was on location near me was always being played, the bar gave a free beer if you beat it

#98 7 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

the one that was on location near me was always being played, the bar gave a free beer if you beat it

just make it to the 10th or 12th hole? That woudl be alot of beer!

#99 7 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Wish they had one around me. I'd be drinkin for free all day.

Maybe I should put mine in the local pub and convince them to do just that.....

#100 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

just make it to the 10th or 12th hole? That woudl be alot of beer!

There are adjustments on the ICE version to make it quite difficult. It can make the bar jump, reduce the time, etc. I still havent made it to the top hole on medium difficulty.

There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-ice-cold-beer-or-zeeks-peak/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.