DSCF5060.JPG
DSCF5059.JPG
DSCF5057.JPG
DSCF5053.JPG
DSCF5054.JPG
DSCF5051.JPG
DSCF5050.JPG
DSCF5048.JPG
There are 301 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
#1 9 years ago

Looking for a nearly flawless, just out of box condition HUO MM or professionally restored MM but if restored would prefer to have an original playfield vs repro. Also prefer to have a more recent restore preferable by HEP, McCune, Keller or Kelly.

Willing to pay 10k PLUS. The PLUS part will be dependent on mods, bling, who restored it, etc.

PM me with details and then we can try to work a price.

HondaNut, you're welcome to PM me as well... if you're not still frozen in time... I know you have tons of experience buying and selling MM's...

#3 9 years ago

Damn, Teekee, I sold the most beautiful HEP restored MM a while back. If only I'd known you were looking for one, this would have been the machine for you! You deserve the best! Good luck with the hunt.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Damn, Teekee, I sold the most beautiful HEP restored MM a while back. If only I'd known you were looking for one, this would have been the machine for you! You deserve the best! Good luck with the hunt!

How long ago? I bet you did well on it... probably sold well before the announcement?

I wasn't looking for one to keep at the past high prices but at current levels I wouldn't mind getting one for the collection.

#5 9 years ago

It would take a lot more to make me part with mine, but still I wish you good hunting!

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

How long ago? I bet you did well on it... probably sold well before the announcement?

Yeah, I beat the three week deadline by quite a bit. Long before anyone knew. And sold it for about what I paid. The people that own it now have no hard feelings because they know that they will never ever get one that is nicer. You just can't beat original.

#9 9 years ago

Can't help with a HUO flawless one but I have a pretty darn nice original that I would let go for $9k. Located in Pittsburgh. Also have have a NGG I was about to list with it do come out and get two!

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Pbpins:

Can't help with a HUO flawless one but I have a pretty darn nice original that I would let go for $9k. Located in Pittsburgh. Also have have a NGG I was about to list with it do come out and get two!

Thanks for the offer but I'm holding out for the 'right one'...

#11 9 years ago

Anyone need any IM money? Trade in that crappy MM today.

#12 9 years ago

Sent one to treasure cove. Talk to them!

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Thanks for the offer but I'm holding out for the 'right one'...

Oh, what could have been......
2_G.sized.jpg2_G.sized.jpg

#14 9 years ago

I put a few games on that one tonight. ^^^^^^^ It sure would be hard to ever settle for any less.

#15 9 years ago

Happy Dad's Day!

#17 9 years ago

You know you can buy a brand new one that doesn't need to be restored right?

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Needs to be restored? I think you need to read my original post… not looking for one that needs to be restored.

Plus I'm looking for a diamond not a cubic zirconia…

#19 9 years ago

Wow.. you would think owners would JUMP on this with all the peanut gallery comments in the MMr thread.

Keep it real Tony! (And hopefully you can find one!)

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Wow.. you would think owners would JUMP on this with all the peanut gallery comments in the MMr thread.
Keep it real Tony! (And hopefully you can find one!)

Thanks Joe... I thought I would have had more luck by now as well but nothing much yet. I think the MMr peanut gallery just can't stand the fact that MM values are doing just fine... Kisses to HondaNut as well!

#21 9 years ago

Rarehero must be sleeping ,I didn't see any thumbs down on your last to posts.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Rarehero must be sleeping ,I didn't see any thumbs down on your last to posts.

lol, yeah once he wakes up about noon and he gets a couple Red Bulls in him he should have enough energy for a 'thumbs down' or two... then go back to bed.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Thanks Joe... I thought I would have had more luck by now as well but nothing much yet. I think the MMr peanut gallery just can't stand the fact that MM values are doing just fine... Kisses to HondaNut as well!

Dude, markets are measured by activity and volume as well as price. NO movement in a market is the same as it being dead. The original MM market is dead right now.

1000 new MMs are going to hit the streets in the next 6 months. I can't wait to see what your offer price is on a restored MM once a huge chunk of planet pinball is grooving on MMr.

The "Tiki Market Watch" officially begins upon the first shipment!

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

The original MM market is dead right now.

And that means what to me? Dead or alive I want a mint HUO or professionally restored MM...

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I want a mint HUO or professionally restored MM...

...and I'm sure you'll find one. It only been less than a week...

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

The original MM market is dead right now.

It is NOT the original MM market, it is the original professionally restored market MM he is trying to buy from.

There are less than 100 of those pins done by the restorers he trusts. I would say that would be at least 20-30 pins less than BBB. Even though Chris has done many MM, I would venture it is still less than 50 he has done.

I'm not selling mine, and I know that MMR is coming and I know it will be a great pin. I would rather have a HEP MM than a new MMR. May be hard to believe, but there are people that would rather have an original, nicely restored pin versus a remake. Even if the remake is a great pin, and even if I am a minority on that opinion of rather having a restored MM versus a NIB remake.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

I would rather have a HEP MM than a new MMR.

Both are beautiful machines...it's just how much money you have to spend...

#28 9 years ago

I'm also in the market for HUO MM as well as long as it's near mint and lower played.

#29 9 years ago

I don't think posts like this are still going to help the MM value situation. I like how you have the loophole where "your looking for just the right one", so that this post can just keep asking for eternity.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I don't posts like this are still going to help the MM value situation. I like how you have the loophole where "your looking for just the right one", so that this post can just keep asking for eternity.

I'll ask until I find the right one... now move along. Nothing for you here.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

it's just how much money you have to spend...

or what you want.

You like cigars. You can have 2 cigars that are very similar, both great and not much different to the average cigar buff, but you personally like one brand over another. If you have the money, and the one you like is more expensive, it is not about what you want to spend, it is what you rather have.

It boils down to a personal preference.

#32 9 years ago

Teekee why not just buy a MMR? You could save yourself 2k. .

Just kidding good luck with your search for the game you want.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

Teekee why not just buy a MMR? You could save yourself 2k. .

Well, because MMr is very rare with a real wood bottom and very highly collectible. It will probably triple in price and flippers will have a field day with them... just not for me.

#34 9 years ago

he's only doing this because he has a sour puss about MM being remade. For some reason, he gets a grumpy cat face everytime prices go down. If it was up to him, every game would be 20k +.

#35 9 years ago

Looking for a nearly flawless, just out of box condition HUO MM or professionally restored MM but if restored would prefer to have an original playfield vs repro. Also prefer to have a more recent restore preferable by HEP, McCune, Keller or Kelly.

Willing to pay 10k PLUS. The PLUS part will be dependent on mods, bling, who restored it, etc.

PM me with details and then we can try to work a price.

#36 9 years ago

Well played teekee....a nice subtle price pump that goes undetected to most.

#37 9 years ago

So no one's been willing to sell you their flawless MM for $10k in four days. This calls for some: !!!
Or perhaps some:

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from Anth:

So no one's been willing to sell you their flawless MM for $10k in four days.

No… and its 10k PLUS… the PLUS means I'm willing to pay more than 10k for the right machine.

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

or what you want.

You like cigars. You can have 2 cigars that are very similar, both great and not much different to the average cigar buff, but you personally like one brand over another. If you have the money, and the one you like is more expensive, it is not about what you want to spend, it is what you rather have.

It boils down to a personal preference.

True!...BUT, if someone told me they found a cigar brand that was just as good or better than my favorite cigar, but $10 cheaper...I'd buy it!
....Disclaimer...I love a cigar reference...

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

True!...BUT, if someone told me they found a cigar brand that was just as good or better than my favorite cigar, but $10 cheaper...I'd buy it!
....Disclaimer...I love a cigar reference...

I would do the same but for me there is no cigar out there that is just as good as my favorite cigar… just some generic imitation with a lot of hype and no label.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

There is a big difference in a machine assembled by low wage factory workers compared to one that was put together by guys like Chris Hutchins.

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

There is a big difference in a machine assembled by low wage factory workers compared to one that was put together by guys like Chris Hutchins.

Que?
Donde esta Chris Hutchins?

#44 9 years ago

Thank You bump...

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

just some generic imitation with a lot of hype and no label.

I see what you did there....

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

.... you guys crack me up thanks!

We are only here for the enjoyment of the mods… bump

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

he's only doing this because he has a sour puss about MM being remade. For some reason, he gets a grumpy cat face everytime prices go down. If it was up to him, every game would be 20k +.

At least he doesnt complain like a child about getting thumbs down in the forum like ole bitter Anakin Skywalker.

anakin-gif-unpop.gifanakin-gif-unpop.gif

#49 9 years ago

mynameisneo.jpgmynameisneo.jpg

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

We are only here for the enjoyment of the mods… bump

Well you are doing a stand up job on this one then!

There are 301 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-huo-or-restored-mm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.