(Topic ID: 26227)

WTB: Huge Mame Arcade for $500

By Cobray

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG0356.jpg
    Mamestrosity.jpg
    IMG_1681.JPG
    DSC_5422_072switchcade.JPG
    IMG_6304_2.jpg
    IMG_6285_2.jpg
    IMG_6282_2.jpg
    1.jpg
    photo_(4).JPG
    DSC03282_resize.JPG
    DSC03277_resize.JPG
    DSC03085_resize.JPG
    DSC03080_resize.JPG
    DSC03078_resize.JPG
    DSC03075_resize.JPG
    2012-09-16132819.jpg
    There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

Looking for a huge Mame machine to put in my arcade, I've seen them sell for $500, and I would like one that looks close or similar to the one below.. as we all know they sell for about $500. Big screen and 4 player a must, as well as flight/Tron joystick so I can play some of the cooler games.

Thanks.

b.jpgb.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Honestly, i know your post is sarcasm but i can hook you up with a 33 showcase for 500. My boss has 7 of them to sell. I just re capped all the crts last year.

#3 11 years ago

That thing above looks awesome!!

#4 11 years ago

I want one too.. I sold my hyperspin setup for $2k image.jpgimage.jpg

#5 11 years ago

A buddy of mine is selling one of those 33" showcase cabs with MegaMan installed in it now.

I think he is at a price at or under 500, and is close to me in Michigan.

Pete

#6 11 years ago

It's gotta be setup already with computer, control panel, and have a good front end so it's easy to get around. I've seen them selling for $500!!

#7 11 years ago

6/10

#8 11 years ago

Yeah, I would like to buy a beautiful HS for $500. I have seen HS sell for $500, so I should expect to be able to find a Clear Coated Collectors Condition High Speed Pinball for $500, right?

#9 11 years ago

Is this the part of the thread where we call you names?

Anyway you can certainly build an arcade machine for $500 if you want, it's not difficult. I built mine, 2 player tho sorry. It not for sale, took just a few bucks more than your target price too but hey you are in the know, go get one!

So for those not in the know a person asked for a $5500 NIB or HUO XMLE in another thread & I referenced a $5700 price based on a friends purchase (he says) & also I have a PM from a member thats still in my inbox HERE who rec a quote from one of the well known distributors. I mention a sale price just $600 less than the lowest vocalized NIB sale on Pinside which is a mere $200 less than a public HUO Pinside sale. Ends up I received bad information & now Cobray created this D bag thread poking fun of me saying I have a $500 arcade.

Go ahead tough guy Cobgay have at it. What else do you have to contribute other than prick threads like this one

#10 11 years ago

Here, something to look at so the thread's not a total jerkfest.

Not sure why the first pic wont open so I uploaded it again & now it works fine, sorry for the 2 pics.

// Error: Image 45932 not found // 1.jpg1.jpg a3.jpga3.jpg a4.jpga4.jpg a5.jpga5.jpg a2.jpga2.jpg

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Go ahead tough guy Cobgay have at it

Ahahhaaahahaaa! I see what you did there. Homophobia.

I do like your MAME arcade though.

#12 11 years ago

I want one of these machines so badly.

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from chocky909:

Ahahhaaahahaaa! I see what you did there. Homophobia.
    I do like your MAME arcade though.

I'm not homophobic, I love when 2 drunk girls make out!

------

Anyway Cobray it's all good, like Master Splinter says "you made another funny". But dude you are sorta tool for making a thread just to bitch some more about a resolved topic. Want 10,000 games & Hyperspin already set up Cobray, go here man

http://www.tiptonware.com/mame_arcade_hard_drive.shtml

Just be sure to donate to Hyperspin & Emumovies as their content is on the HD.

You're welcome

#14 11 years ago

Fellas i have a really nice duel computer system in my store for sale. upper computer is a touch screen with jukebox. lower is wide screen with hyperspin and is loaded up, if your serious i will find out my buddy's asking price for it and can send you pics.
    lmk 219-808-6063 or 219-924-pins
    pincades
    JT

#15 11 years ago

I believe the Op is trolling the WTB XmenLE thread if I'm not mistaken. Very funny (unless it's the same Op).

#16 11 years ago

pics of hte one i have for sale

multicadedrew_005.JPGmulticadedrew_005.JPG multicadedrew_002.JPGmulticadedrew_002.JPG multicadedrew_006.JPGmulticadedrew_006.JPG multicadedrew_003.JPGmulticadedrew_003.JPG multicadedrew_009.JPGmulticadedrew_009.JPG multicadedrew_008.JPGmulticadedrew_008.JPG

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jamaster10:

pics of hte one i have for sale

Cool but turn down the volume on the cab artwork. Feel like I'm looking directly into the sun.

#18 11 years ago

Seriously, Cobray. What is the point of this thread? Was it really just to belittle another Pinsider?

#19 11 years ago

Yes that was his point.

#20 11 years ago

That poor poor Gauntlet legends..... such a shame Then rather keep the dual sync 27" that was in there it got murdered with a shit lcd. Lcd's all look like shit for 15hz games..... tragic.

You should post this at Arcade Otaku......

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

That poor poor Gauntlet legends..... such a shame Then rather keep the dual sync 27" that was in there is got murdered with a shit lcd. Lcd's all look like shit for 15hz games..... tragic.

LOL...tell us how you really feel. Agreed, however.

#22 11 years ago

Well its one thing to do it right with a ipac or jpac and a tap into the vga line from pc but lcd is cheap looks like crap and just shows off general lackluster performance. Even if the chassis went to shiz on the original wells funky 27 one could have scored a Sanwa pfx or Nanao ms8/9 to throw in there. They have superior geometry compared to any shit american crt ever made.

I bet they gutted the 49 way optical sticks too.......

#23 11 years ago

Here's mine...no LCD's here

DSC03401.jpgDSC03401.jpg DSC03397.jpgDSC03397.jpg DSC03396.jpgDSC03396.jpg

#24 11 years ago

xbox or ps3.....or pc port ....?i actually rock taito x2 stuff.

I understand people love mame stuff but get a candy or viewlix

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

a candy or viewlix

Yeah buddy.. I need to score me one.

#26 11 years ago

Here is my two pos low end candy cabs. But both rock ms9 nanao crts, Amazing. Both cabs fully rotatable. Few pics of some of my Cave pcbs. Some of my pcbs are worth north of 3 large. But Shumps is a niche market.

Running a naomi bootloader in the one on the left. The one on the right is my dedicated "CAVE" cab.

Photos of MY x2 in custom htpc case.

P1030112.jpgP1030112.jpg P1020979.jpgP1020979.jpg P1020976.jpgP1020976.jpg

#27 11 years ago

P1020979.jpgP1020979.jpg P1020773.jpgP1020773.jpg P1020771.jpgP1020771.jpg

#28 11 years ago

Candy cabs rock for a few reasons.
    They have Superior to any american crt in them. Most come with ms8 make any wells looks like trash

They weigh less than 200lbs. Easy moving.

They can be had for less than 400 most times.

There are so many varaties of candy cabs that collecting them rocks because there is so many shapes and kinds. Some rare some with bad ass tri sync's.

However my Viewlix which is the best of the best is very expensive. To each there own but i hate seeing nasty over hyped AMERICAN mame setups. When i say AMERICAN i mean its loud and obnoxious

#29 11 years ago

You should PM Cobray. He has $500 burning a hole in his pocket.

#30 11 years ago

I'm building a Mame machine right now. $500 makes me chuckle. Nothing is that cheap in this machine.

#31 11 years ago

your right on the poor gauntle. its not mine its a consignment piece for a friend.
    And wow whats with the attitudes fellas!
    if your interested in you all know how to get a hold of me.
    Pincades

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from Slaymetender:

I'm building a Mame machine right now. $500 makes me chuckle. Nothing is that cheap in this machine.

Cheap doesn't always mean the quality of the individual components, but sometimes the sum is less than the individual things added up when they're treated like crap.

Personally, I think spending 2000$ on a PC to run MAME is ludicrous, but people do it all the time.

#33 11 years ago

I had CRT's in my previous 5 MAME machines but grew tired of aVGA card drama, cap kits, high voltage issues, resolution conflicts & etc. My rig here even started with a medium res 33" WG CRT but eventually....

When going the LCD route utilize the triad6 artifact cranked up to 1080p & turn off bilinear filtering or it looks terrible.

I love playing TigerWoodsPC via the trackball on a 37" 1080p display & beefy GPU. Same for Virtua Tennis, next gen fighters & other various types of HD games. Of course its usually the classics I play though.

Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Candy cabs rock for a few reasons.
    They have Superior to any american crt in them. Most come with ms8 make any wells looks like trash
    They weigh less than 200lbs. Easy moving.
    They can be had for less than 400 most times.
    There are so many varaties of candy cabs that collecting them rocks because there is so many shapes and kinds. Some rare some with bad ass tri sync's.
    However my Viewlix which is the best of the best is very expensive. To each there own but i hate seeing nasty over hyped AMERICAN mame setups. When i say AMERICAN i mean its loud and obnoxious

Akumazeto I know you hate "obnoxious MAME cabs" as you just put it & have stated to me several times before so my machine is certainly not one you would enjoy at all.

Since we are being self rightous I want you to know some people may think your short old sit down Asian Candy cabs are rather feminine looking underpowered machines with fuzzy unreliable high maintenance CRT's & limited games running on dated hardware.

I think Candy cabs are cool, just not my style. That doesnt mean I insult your preference at every opportunity, it just means we like different avenues of gaming. For every dedicated arcade purist like yourself there is a MAME enthusiast like myself & thats ok.

By the way where are the pics of your vewlix? Those are damn cool machines & I'd really like to see it. I thought they were all LCD based which you "hate" but since I am not 100% sure perhaps you have a CRT based one?

#34 11 years ago

i'll grab a pic just for you with your handle in the pic. Yup lcd's for games designed for lcd. You know ssf4 blaze blue samurai spirits sen things of that nature. Any 15hz game does look like shit on a lcd. Its missing these things called scanlines and adding them via mame looks even worse.

If you are truly serious about arcade collecting you would know that being a rom whore is the lowest form. WHY because you build a box that has thousands of roms that you have no right to legally own. Me i own delicate and rare pcbs that are original. I own a sf3 3rd strike on a cps3 board. I own the real deal. I dont own fake shit.

When i say loud and obnoxious i mean 52 diffrent control all from suzo happ buttons wheels lights blink does adn gadgets all on the same cp. Good lord i like different controls to but i pop of a cp and add another.

I play them like i did in the arcades in the 90's where i lived it was all candies and the only woodies where Midway/Atari or other American stuff.

Everyone i have ever met in teh arcade scene quickly realize's that woodies are only for american based manufacturers. Like i said see you on Arcade Otaku. Under same name as i am here. Lets chat over there.

You seem to have isolated my comments towards you personally. I dont hate you or your rig. I am pretty sure i have never used your name to point out anything.

Oh i got my Viewlix from XIZOR when he brought them over from japan. He recently joined over here as well. Feel free to contact him you guys if you are indeed looking for a viewlix. He was the official N/A distro for years. I think he still is. Be warned a viewlix will run you north of 5 large.

Here is the thread i got in on back in 09

But dont flatter yourself and think i am talking about YOU. I can talk pcbs and original hardware or emulation all day its cool.

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=27996

Bdaley yours is very tastefully done.

#35 11 years ago

I am not in any way a serious collector in the "arcade scene" nor do I want to become one. I am not looking for special fancy pants arcade collectors to think I am cool because I have "delicate" PCB's. I just like playing lots of classic arcade games in my basement in between beers, pins & 3 stooges episodes. If a I am what you call a rom whore & considered to be the lowest of the low to collectors of rare arcades I guess I can live with that role in life.

Your comments have been made directly to me regarding my machine on more than one occasion so stop pretending to be a victim here. If you can't handle a reply then don't insult my machine.

Buddy I appreciate the warning of $5k, seems like the same cost as a Dream Authentics cabinet or half the new MAME machines on eBay. I don't know where I would find that kind of money unless I went to the bank to withdraw it. I will let you wonder what I have invested in my machine...

I don't need you to post a pic with my name written down next to it, that's ok, I just wanted to see your cab that's all.

At the end of the day I think you & I are getting too worked up over this, time to relax I think. Enjoy your arcade games, they are nice.

I believe we can both look at this this one agree its a tad over the top ebay.com link: WOW 4 Player 46 LED Ultimate Home Video Arcade Game MAME TM

#36 11 years ago

I probably have 5K in my Arcade Cab., the control panel alone was a G.

#37 11 years ago

Same here, MAME money pit for sure.

Went so far as to install a 2.1 Klipsch system with a subwoofer so loud my nuts move during gameplay.

Life is good, it's short but good.

Quoted from VisitorQ:

I probably have 5K in my Arcade Cab., the control panel alone was a G.

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Cheap doesn't always mean the quality of the individual components, but sometimes the sum is less than the individual things added up when they're treated like crap.
    Personally, I think spending 2000$ on a PC to run MAME is ludicrous, but people do it all the time.

I hear you. I've seen plenty of crap cabinets out there that are obviously expensive. I'm building mine to look like furniture you'd eNt to keep forever.

#39 11 years ago

I like the MAMEs. The flashier the better in my view.

#40 11 years ago

My MAME cab has cost more than any single game in the arcade. Probably over $4000 by now, and it currently doesn't even have a cabinet (if anyone wants to build me one, PM me...I sold all of my woodworking tools recently). It is a fun project though, and keeps me entertained. I find that I like tinkering with it, but I am tired of repairing games.

2012-09-16132819.jpg2012-09-16132819.jpg

#41 11 years ago

1500 obo for the mame i have

#42 11 years ago

Same here, MAME money pit for sure.
    Went so far as to install a 2.1 Klipsch system with a subwoofer so loud my nuts move during gameplay.
    Life is good, it's short but good.

Ya get what ya pay for. There is cheap ways to do anything, it's all what you want. With one of these you can wrap up a lot in the PC alone depending on what type of games you want to run on it.

DSC03075_resize.JPGDSC03075_resize.JPG DSC03078_resize.JPGDSC03078_resize.JPG DSC03080_resize.JPGDSC03080_resize.JPG DSC03085_resize.JPGDSC03085_resize.JPG DSC03277_resize.JPGDSC03277_resize.JPG DSC03282_resize.JPGDSC03282_resize.JPG

#44 11 years ago

Am I the only one who decided to forgo the cabinet and just run everything to my big screen TV? That way I can sit on the couch, play everything wirelessly, and my friends can do the same. My situation may be skewed, as I also have tons of console games emulated as well, so those don't have the connection to a cabinet; they were always played on a TV screen.

And yes, I had a MAME cabinet, but it took up space that could be better used by a pin.

#45 11 years ago

Those where prior to me installing a tinted piece of glass in front of the monitor.

#46 11 years ago

Some very nice Mame cabinets/builds on here, I'm jealous!

#47 11 years ago

I also have a 500 mame cab ;-p. Unfinished but working!

photo_(4).JPGphoto_(4).JPG

#48 11 years ago
    Quoted from Khabbi:

Some very nice Mame cabinets/builds on here, I'm jealous!

No such thing, all MAME cabs suck.

Keep it real with PCBs!

To arcade collectors, this is exactly the same as getting one of those horrid video pinball emulators with a giant flatscreen.

#49 11 years ago

lets see what it cost me...

(off the top of my head)
    Buttons/ipac/wires/etc - 250
    3/4 mdf - 80
    20" lcd - 80
    Comp - (used but valued around a 100)
    paint - 30
    tmolding and bit - 60
    Hardware - 60
    acrylic - 50
    Stereo - 200

just under a grand there abouts just in parts

(btw I know its a joke)

Still needs a marque and side art

1.jpg1.jpg

#50 11 years ago
    Quoted from system11:

No such thing, all MAME cabs suck.
    Keep it real with PCBs!
    To arcade collectors, this is exactly the same as getting one of those horrid video pinball emulators with a giant flatscreen.

Who cares what arcade collectors think?

Cant we all just get along?

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-huge-mame-arcade-for-500 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.