(Topic ID: 209684)

WTB: GTB Wedgehead backbox (or at least the face from one)

By DropTarget

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

learned-well-you-have-young-padawan (resized).jpg
20170424_202845_resized (resized).jpg

#1 6 years ago

Self explanatory.

I'm looking for the face of a gottlieb wedge head back box. I suspect that an entire head would be easier to find though.

THX

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

Self explanatory.
I'm looking for the face of a gottlieb wedge head back box. I suspect that an entire head would be easier to find though.
THX

for what game? i might have one. can you pick up?

#3 6 years ago

Rich has a nice Drop a Card head I sold him for peanuts about 15 years ago that is complete and had a near perfect backglass in it. A few months ago I needed a back door metal channel for the King Pin I picked up and Rich gave me the channel from the Drop a Card head.

You may be able to get this head from him. The head came from a guy here in NJ that was using the head as a lamp in his bedroom, I always wonder where the lower cabinet ended up for this game. It's in nice condition. Rich's Drop a Card had a plastic overseas type backglass and he wanted a glass backglass for his game and this one came up for sale, so I grabbed it for him.

#4 6 years ago

I am fortunate to have a wood working buddy close by that gives me a face lift when I need it, ie replace the veneer on these wedgies. I usually have a spare head in stock waiting for the next project

20170424_202845_resized (resized).jpg20170424_202845_resized (resized).jpg

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

I am fortunate to have a wood working buddy close by that gives me a face lift when I need it, ie replace the veneer on these wedgies. I usually have a spare head in stock waiting for the next project

learned-well-you-have-young-padawan (resized).jpglearned-well-you-have-young-padawan (resized).jpg

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

for what game? i might have one. can you pick up?

Volley

#7 6 years ago

Thanks Vic

#8 6 years ago

are you repainting the cabinet? i ask because i think i have a volley head with pretty good paint on it

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

are you repainting the cabinet? i ask because i think i have a volley head with pretty good paint on it

I was planning on replacing/repainting the face, but if you're willing to part with the head, I'm willing to take it!

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

I was planning on replacing/repainting the face, but if you're willing to part with the head, I'm willing to take it!

Damn Boilerman, what dont you have.

#11 6 years ago

give me a day or so and i will go look and see what i have for sure. don't want to make promises i can not keep
but i am pretty sure there is a volley head with good paint out there

Quoted from pinhead52:

Damn Boilerman, what dont you have.

ken i never never cease to amaze!

#12 6 years ago

Thanks,

Oh come on, make promises

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

Thanks,
Oh come on, make promises

i would have not posted it if i was not at least 95% sure. but with old age comes memory loss. sometimes i give stuff away and don't remember.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

but with old age comes memory loss.

Yeah Dave, let us know when you get near "old age". LOL.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from Runbikeskilee:

Yeah Dave, let us know when you get near "old age". LOL.

Lee i am no spring chicken, but then i am not ready to be put out to pasture either

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

i would have not posted it if i was not at least 95% sure. but with old age comes memory loss. sometimes i give stuff away and don't remember.

Can you remember what you had for dinner last night?

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

Can you remember what you had for dinner last night?

hell i can't remember how i got to work!

#18 6 years ago

lol

#19 6 years ago

I'd love to find a new veneer for the head of the King Pin (1973) I picked up over the weekend. For that matter, I wouldn't mind replacing the veneer on an old 1962 Rack-A-Ball head I have. If anyone is selling, I'm interested...

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

I'd love to find a new veneer for the head of the King Pin (1973) I picked up over the weekend. For that matter, I wouldn't mind replacing the veneer on an old 1962 Rack-A-Ball head I have. If anyone is selling, I'm interested...

touch base with ken (pinhead52) he gets them made and he could ship 2 or 3 sandwiched between some cardboard adout 25 bucks. i have seen them and they are really nice. i would not mind having a few on the parts shelf myself.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

If you have a router and can trim the excess after applying to the face then we can probably arrange a couple. I actually have a spare 1962 head if you wanted to do a swap out.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

If you have a router and can trim the excess after applying to the face then we can probably arrange a couple. I actually have a spare 1962 head if you wanted to do a swap out.

PM Sent

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball
Lighting
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 42.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 210.00
Cabinet Parts
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Cabinet parts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-gtb-wedgehead-backbox-or-at-least-the-face-from-one?hl=runbikeskilee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.