pin4.jpg
image-346.jpg
image-134.jpg
image-694.jpg
image.jpg
surfchamp-2.jpg
surfchamp-1.jpg
#1 9 years ago

OK ..How much will it take for you to part with that Surf Champ Backglass ?

I have the machine in lovely condition - but no BG at all. PM me the price if you have one on the wall or stashed away ? Please include Packing and Shipping to Nevada in the cost.

thanks

#2 9 years ago

ok ok . I'll pay extra .. someone?

#3 9 years ago

Why have they not reproduced these yet?
Best back glass EVER

#4 9 years ago

Mine is completely AWOL

surfchamp-1.jpgsurfchamp-1.jpg

And here is why i need it ... beautiful .. almost no wear.. far too good to part out.

surfchamp-2.jpgsurfchamp-2.jpg

#5 9 years ago

You may have seen mine? My holy grail, life is good thanks to APRimage-134.jpgimage-134.jpgimage-694.jpgimage-694.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

#6 9 years ago

No I had not seen it (banned from APR's forum) but it looks lovely and I am sure it is even better in real life.

#7 9 years ago

Whoops!
If I see one I will let you know. Great game.

#8 9 years ago

my grail pin as well, beautiful clear coat / playfield you have there and totally agree a great backglass.

#9 9 years ago

you can buy this one if you want mr swinks it would solve my BG problem if i sold the pin

#10 9 years ago

i have a surf champ already…

#11 9 years ago

ones good twos better right?

#12 9 years ago

maybe wade krause can help as pretty sure he did the art for the see through surf champ, get him to get Gottlieb approval to reproduce these….

I would love a Surfer BG for the collection

1 week later
#13 9 years ago

I cleaning out the attic at my dad's house today and I came across this back glass. It is original from 1976 and is the 4 player glass. I was given this glass back in 2000 because I was building a arcade can but this didn't fit. All the graphics are there but the paint is cracked it places due to old age. I know they can restored and since they didn't make many machines I figure someone will need it just like it is. I will get some pics up in just a little while.

#14 9 years ago

fantastic.. i was starting this think i would have to part it out.

#15 9 years ago

Ok, here are the pics. I know the glass isn't mint but since they only made a little over 1000 of them new I am sure this piece is hard to come by.

pin2.jpgpin2.jpg
pin1.jpgpin1.jpg
pin3.jpgpin3.jpg
pin4.jpgpin4.jpg

#16 9 years ago

Its a lot more minty than the invisible one i had

I'll send you a PM and see if we can come to a price !

#17 9 years ago

BGResto ships to AU - check with them to see if they already have scanned one for their restorations. I see they have Surfer on their website but maybe it's not updated.

#18 9 years ago

I have emailed BGresto. Hopefully he will reply in due course.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

I have emailed BGresto. Hopefully he will reply in due course.

Steve is tough to get in touch with - you may have to send several e-mail's and hope one of them catches his attention.

7 months later
#20 8 years ago

Just to followup on this thread - I contact Steve a few days ago and he can definitely do Surf Champ back glass now. Will be ordering one soon. @wiredoug if you're not already sorted maybe we can do a joint order? I'll drop you a PM on AA as well...

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

Just to followup on this thread - I contact Steve a few days ago and he can definitely do Surf Champ back glass now. Will be ordering one soon. @wiredoug if you're not already sorted maybe we can do a joint order? I'll drop you a PM on AA as well...

can he do a Surfer as well????

#22 8 years ago

I believe he can mate - it's listed on his site.

#23 8 years ago

In case you didn't see it... http://bgresto.com/?p=887

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-gtb-surf-champ-backglass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.