grand-lizard-windows.jpg
grand-lizard-proto-cab.jpg
grand-lizard-proto-fixup-797.jpg
onecombo.jpg
Grand Lizard Backglass.jpg
GL Alt.jpg
grand lizard production.jpg
grand lizard pre.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BumperMcBaulhogh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#77 9 years ago

Rick, Mof is correct about the placement of the windows and GL being a late bloomer going into production.

I got my proto glass from an ex WMS employee who said the sales people were bitching because it was "too dark..." (read: "spooky") "...for the 7-11's" so they had P.A. do the "new" bg with what I have dubbed the "poo font".

Which reminds me (sorta) of a favorite joke:

"What kind of hairdos do ghosts have?"

"Boo-ffant!"

Happy Halloween!

1 month later
#86 9 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

If you really want to take on a project... design some plastics that correlate better with the playfield and proto backglass art.

I wouldn't suggest that unless you wanna be visited by the ghost of P.A! WooooOOOoooo!

Quoted from Aurich:

That might be smart since the PPS website says the official plastics aren't due until "Early 2105".

They are already available and on the front page of their online store. Not sure which PPS website you be looking at.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT

#88 9 years ago

Ha! I didn't even notice the date. Then again, I get pretty dyslexic when it comes to numbers.

Your URL works fine. Here is the product that is for sale now.
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-31-1006-523&Store_Code=PP

That said, that isn't the set that I worked on, not sure when those will be available. I know they made it to the laser cutter and should be shipping soon. Only guessing, but I imagine PPS uncovered the artwork during their IPB digging while the set I was working on was in production. The only difference I can tell is that the set I worked on comes with some extra slings.

10 months later
#102 8 years ago

"Yes!"

Quoted from Luzur:

No, i meant in the same style as the prototype backglass.

Oh... No!

I played a part getting the repros available now remade. If I got my hands on this set in the photo - it could potentially happen!

I saw these too. I wonder if they were part of the sample machines that went out with the original glass that got nixed?

#103 8 years ago

I like the concept of these plastics better but that blue is crazy. Should be more grey like the rocks on the PF.

#107 8 years ago

There is a prototype like that as well. It may get repo'd one of these days. I believe it's discussed earlier in this thread.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BumperMcBaulhogh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-grand-lizard-proto-backglass?tu=BumperMcBaulhogh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.