You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Wipeout5.jpg
Wipeout4.jpg
Wipeout2.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Looking for a working wipeout. Doesn't have to be perfect. Not looking to spend more than 900.

Thanks

#2 11 years ago

Got one. Will be ready for monday

#3 11 years ago

Cool machine! Gets the blood pumping when playing it mostly cause of the music I have one that I can never let go of...looks like post ahead of me can maybe hook you up though

#4 11 years ago

Help my leg broken
Race you to the bottom

I still remember hearing those call outs and have not owned the machine in 12 years but did enjoy it, great use of theme. Just got offered big money for the machine 1400 back then, the new owner said it was headed to a WVA snow lodge.

#5 11 years ago

Hey Bill, I was up there the other night with joe getting the 13. Let me know.

Buddy- we met at Chicago. How's the space station ? Let me know if you come across a Potc or IM. I'll make the drive! Hope all is well. You coming north anytime?

#6 11 years ago

Call Ryan at Jesters Amusements he has an IM

#7 11 years ago

Bump

#8 11 years ago

I thought I seen one posted in the Pinside Marketplce just today? Now I need to go look again.

***back from checking marketplace*** It is a $1,500 obo...higher than OP's desire for $900

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballdad:

I thought I seen one posted in the Pinside Marketplce just today? Now I need to go look again.
***back from checking marketplace*** It is a $1,500 obo...higher than OP's desire for $900

1500.00 FOR WIPEOUT??????wowza, i ll sell you a wipeout and a frank thomas big hurt for that. hehe

#10 11 years ago

That's ok. We all have opinions. I paid $1,650 for mine and it is collector quality. Love the game too!

Wipeout2.jpgWipeout2.jpg Wipeout4.jpgWipeout4.jpg Wipeout5.jpgWipeout5.jpg

#11 11 years ago

Bill,

Let me know when you get that wipe out figured out.

#12 11 years ago

I had a chance to buy one at auction for around $900. I think I bid up to $775. Kind of wish I went up the bid or two and got it in retrospect. It is a pretty cool game.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Bill,
Let me know when you get that Wipe Out figured out.

will do

#14 11 years ago

Bill, since this will be trip #2 and it will be about 30 degrees colder we feel that camping out in your pool house, drinking your beer, and playing Gnr all night might be in order...sound good?

Ever get that hurricane on the end fixed up?

#15 11 years ago

Rip the Crud!

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from Arcadegarage:

Bill, since this will be trip #2 and it will be about 30 degrees colder we feel that camping out in your pool house, drinking your beer, and playing Gnr all night might be in order...sound good?
Ever get that Hurricane on the end fixed up?

sounds good, i have to get wipeout in my poolhouse to work on it as it is tooo freaking cold in my garage. i am still waiting on the board from hurricane. i hope by this weekend.

#17 11 years ago

Parts for the cpu just shipped from big daddy. Hope to have it fixed by this weekend.

#18 11 years ago

hurricane is done and ready to roll, wipeout is in the poolhouse and i am trying to figure out the no sound issue now. i have switched every single board in the machine with my big hurt machine. it HAS to be one of the game specific chips, as every board works in big hurt. i called pinball resource and steve told me to send the boards to get looked at. i do not believe there is a board problem.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from twinturb089:

I am trying to figure out the no sound issue now. i have switched every single board in the machine with my Big Hurt machine. it HAS to be one of the game specific chips, as every board works in Big Hurt. i called pinball resource and steve told me to send the boards to get looked at. i do not believe there is a board problem.

The schematic for the Auxiliary Sound Board in my Stargate manual shows a couple of optional/configurable sections. I don't have schematics for either of these games so I can't check for differences, but it might explain why a board could work in Big Hurt but not in Wipe Out.

It sounds like you probably know this, but it's easy to forget the Auxiliary Power Supply is the last stop in the sound chain for System 3.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from rancegt:

The schematic for the Auxiliary Sound Board in my Stargate manual shows a couple of optional/configurable sections. I don't have schematics for either of these games so I can't check for differences, but it might explain why a board could work in Big Hurt but not in Wipe Out.

It sounds like you probably know this, but it's easy to forget the Auxiliary Power Supply is the last stop in the sound chain for System 3.

here is the story in a nutshell, i bought a wipeout, plugged it in and the dot matrix did not light up, but sound worked as i heard it say something about "hitting the slope".with the machine powered on.... i unplugged the dot matrix and plugged it back in, the dot matrix smoked and nearly started on fire.(wow)I then replaced the dot matrix and the dot matrix control board from my working big hurt and now, wipeout is working but no sound.I then swapped every single board,cable,ribbon etc from my big hurt into wipeout and still no sound,also with every board from wipeout in the big hurt now, big hurt still has sound. i am pretty sure that one of the game specific chips must be bad. when i do a self test on wipeout is says something about g-rom error or fault????

#21 11 years ago

Do the sound eproms look seated well? Sometimes they can get a pin off pretty easily which could cause issues. I've had a machine in the past where some bozo had plugged the ribbon cable in wrong on one side with the red stripe on the 26 pin causing some interesting sound errors. Saved me some money on the pin and an easy fix, but not something you think about actually having to check.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

Do the sound eproms look seated well? Sometimes they can get a pin off pretty easily which could cause issues. I've had a machine in the past where some bozo had plugged the ribbon cable in wrong on one side with the red stripe on the 26 pin causing some interesting sound errors. Saved me some money on the pin and an easy fix, but not something you think about actually having to check.

i pulled the eproms probably 8 times or so, every time i wore my magnifying glasses to make sure all the legs went into the correct holes. all ribbons and cables swapped out with big hurt and veryfied working, i am 90 percent sure it has to be a game specific rom that i have been changing in the boards???? just not sure which one.

#23 11 years ago

WIPEOUT IS NOW FIXED!!!!!!!!! it was the y rom in the sound board, thanks to steve at pinball resource for giving me some info to test. i ordered a rubber kit and the y rom from steve, so wipeout is ready for sale and includes a diy rubber kit.

2 months later
#24 10 years ago

Folks! Am seeking a Wipeout for my wife and our 5th (got to be some wood in there?). She and I met playing pinball, and we have a rule that if one of us sees one, we must play. I grew up with Kings & Queens, playing most of my childhood on that machine. Now trying to find one as two avid skiers. eBay has them for a ton of money. Would like to find one for under $1K, if possible, in working condition...any help?

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from squibbnocket:

Folks! Am seeking a Wipeout for my wife and our 5th (got to be some wood in there?). She and I met playing pinball, and we have a rule that if one of us sees one, we must play. I grew up with Kings & Queens, playing most of my childhood on that machine. Now trying to find one as two avid skiers. eBay has them for a ton of money. Would like to find one for under $1K, if possible, in working condition...any help?

You might fare better starting your own thread than bumping someone else's old one.

Good luck with your search!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-gottlieb-wipeout-pa-njde and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.