Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0322171648a (resized).jpg
IMG_1698 (resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

I recently picked up a gottlieb world series and one of the targets is busted off of the roto unit. It's one of the "single" targets.

I've checked all of the usual places, including PBR, and nobody seems to have these. I have a feeling I'm going to end up having to make one but figured I'd check to see if anyone had any spares before doing this.

If anyone's ever had to make a replacement, I'd be interested in knowing if there are any issues with doing this.

Thanks,

Dave

#2 7 years ago

Post a pic of the part you're looking for .I have an old roto unit I could give you a target off.

Ted

#3 7 years ago

Im sure he needs the finger. PBR does have the large rivets for these.

Of course he didnt use the parts wanted thread, no soup for him.

#4 7 years ago

Actually, I did put in a parts wanted thread. Of course, I started this thread first, then realized I should have created a parts wanted entry in the market, and then did that too. I'm just asking everyone everywhere for the part I need.

I've attached a picture showing the part that's missing. I believe it's a "single" target that's missing. It looks like the flexible metal piece snapped off of the unit. Not sure if this is the "finger" that you speak of but the target face and the part that holds it in place is missing. I searched the inside of the cabinet to no avail.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

IMG_1698 (resized).JPGIMG_1698 (resized).JPG

#5 7 years ago

Not in the bottom of the cabinet, right? May want to take a peek under the motor board to be sure.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

May want to take a peek under the motor board to be sure.

Hey Otaku, good thought but I did that too. I even called the guy I bought the game from to see if he had it and had forgotten about it. He said he wasn't even aware that it was missing. As the game was already broken down I didn't inspect the game.

One way or the other, I'll get it fixed up.

Dave

#7 7 years ago

I think I would first 'verify' what target was actually missing from someone else who had this game.

I wouldn't be 'too' sure it's a "single" target... seems kind of odd there would be two of them side by side.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballprowess:

I think I would first 'verify' what target was actually missing from someone else who had this game.
I wouldn't be 'too' sure it's a "single" target... seems kind of odd there would be two of them side by side.

I think He may mean it's a "singles target" as in move the runner to first base. The roto on that game awards base hits. Doubles . Triples , Home runs ... and point values such as 500 points. The bacbox scores runs as well as points

#9 7 years ago

It's a 'single' target.

0322171648a (resized).jpg0322171648a (resized).jpg

#10 7 years ago

I agree, it seems odd that there are two in a row that are the same (single) but as the picture above shows, that's exactly what the case is. I actually searched online for pictures of the unit and found that it was two in a row. I also checked the schematic to see how many "single" targets there were and it was the one that was missing.

As it happens, I've found what I'm looking for. Thanks everyone for your help in finding what I need.

Dave

#11 7 years ago

Yeah, I just thought it was worth mentioning... just in case.

Still seems somewhat peculiar to me... but 'seeing' is believing!

And good for you for doing your homework AND... coming up with the right part.

Always a good feeling when you can chase down something you need for a game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-gottlieb-roto-unit-target and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.