IMG_1038 (resized).jpg
IMG_1039 (resized).jpg
IMG_1040 (resized).jpg
IMG_1035 (resized).jpg
IMG_0468 (resized).JPG
IMG_0467 (resized).JPG
20180206_154803 (resized).jpg
20180206_154650 (resized).jpg
There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from Phillips88:

I’m think both Ron and Shay use the same screener?
I’m glad they make the glasses!...but the screener misses a pass it seems leaving that halo around the lit numbers or lit areas in general

There's a halo around it because it's a holy 5!

#52 6 years ago

I was curious if King Pin is a $1,500-$2,000 machine now? Or on the same “want level” as other top wedgeheads like El Dorado, Atlantis, Abra Ca Dabra, Jacks Open?

It definitely has become a popular machine lately!

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from Phillips88:

I was curious if King Pin is a $1,500-$2,000 machine now?

Once mine is done I would not sell it for $2000.00, that would be about what I have into it without labor.

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from Phillips88:

I was curious if King Pin is a $1,500-$2,000 machine now? Or on the same “want level” as other top wedgeheads like El Dorado, Atlantis, Abra Ca Dabra, Jacks Open?
It definitely has become a popular machine lately!

Not yet, but I think it should be! I personally like it much more than Atlantis/Dorado.

Jacks Open is a tougher call. Making the card shots is cool, but King Pin has better flow and faster action. No lanes + pops to wait for... just *blam* in it goes and *blam* kicks right out again in your face. Those smaller flippers up top get crazy fun rebounds too. Great wedgehead. Just wish it was a multiplayer!

I guess that's why 2001 is my favorite wedge. Same deal... *boom* kicks right into the action and zings all over the place knocking things down.

Fast is good, and King Pin is fast.

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Once mine is done I would not sell it for $2000.00, that would be about what I have into it without labor.

Heard that. Heatwave's King Pin came from my personal collection... I don't do restorations for money. No time & the return on investment is almost minimum wage. I think. Maybe. Almost.

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Heard that. Heatwave's King Pin came from my personal collection... I don't do restorations for money. No time & the return on investment is almost minimum wage. I think. Maybe. Almost.

glad i enjoy the restoration part because i know i don't make much....not getting rich doing it, but i do love saving basket cases

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from rufessor:

Did ya read the thread? That’s sorta the whole point! So far we have a range of 400 ish for what is a beat up (if typical) example to over 2000 for a restored pristine example. So depending on how nice- probably around 600-1.2K unless it’s been restored.

I have some good data points on asking prices to start with with all the PM's i have rec'd, emails outside of Pinside, facebook, etc over the last two weeks. This is what i'm seeing.

#58 6 years ago

Is this Mr. Pinside one a candidate???

King Pin, 1973 Gottlieb: 800 OBO
Overall nice condition, backglass has some minor loss in the reds. Plays all the way. Can also incl a few vintage targets then if you should break one you won't need to replace all of them with bright white. Feel free to call or text. I travel throughcout the NY, NJ, PA area and make regular trips to Baltimore as well and can always deliver to these areas once paid in full. Www.preservationpinball.com.
Kevin, Phone: 908-202-0687
Middlesex, New Jersey 08846

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from rocketman:

Is this Mr. Pinside one a candidate???
King Pin, 1973 Gottlieb: 800 OBO
Overall nice condition, backglass has some minor loss in the reds. Plays all the way. Can also incl a few vintage targets then if you should break one you won't need to replace all of them with bright white. Feel free to call or text. I travel throughcout the NY, NJ, PA area and make regular trips to Baltimore as well and can always deliver to these areas once paid in full. http://Www.preservationpinball.com.
Kevin, Phone: 908-202-0687
Middlesex, New Jersey 08846

Yes, I already spoke with Kevin yesterday. Just waiting on some pictures.

#60 6 years ago

if your willing to share and you end up purchasing, this would be a great place to out the price and maybe throw in a pic or two. Yet more information on price and condition for this game!

#61 6 years ago

I've been looking for a nice one too. Here's a pic of a sellers CL listing and their response to my email. It broke my heart.

IMG_0467 (resized).JPGIMG_0467 (resized).JPG

IMG_0468 (resized).JPGIMG_0468 (resized).JPG

#62 6 years ago

That really sucks! Sorry to hear that. They did make a lot of them, but it's always heartbreaking to hear of a good pin being tossed in a dumpster.
They must have been very desperate to get rid of the items.

#64 6 years ago

OMG- that sucks- RIP

#65 6 years ago

Wow I would have asked him where the dumpster was so I could look for the game. (if it was the same day that is)

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballFever:

Wow I would have asked him where the dumpster was so I could look for the game. (if it was the same day that is)

I did several times and he never responded again. I even started calling consignment and junk stores in the town it was listed in. That was some strange cold-calling, "hello, do you currently have a pinball machine in your dumpster?

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

I did several times and he never responded again. I even started calling consignment and junk stores in the town it was listed in. That was some strange cold-calling, "hello, do you currently have a pinball machine in your dumpster?

i call that going the EXTRA mile

#68 6 years ago

That is a shame!

#69 6 years ago

If anyone is interested in the King Pin I have please send me a PM. I would classify it as a project since I have not done anything to it since I picked it up. I can bring it to the Ohio show with a deposit.
Joe

#70 6 years ago

Anyone planning to attend the Tulsa auction? A King Pin is among the items...

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Anyone planning to attend the Tulsa auction? A King Pin is among the items...

Hoping to make it down there- it's only a little over 8 hours for me.

2 months later
#72 5 years ago

I just picked up this restoration project today, for eventual sale. I'm planning to restore the playfield (including repainting touchup spots) and get it working 100% but probably won't do a repaint on this cabinet. This one will be for sale, and I'd be willing to sell it right now as-is if you want a project (I just finished the other King Pin, and also a Quick Draw, and am kind of worn out on projects at the moment). But if no one is interested I'll sell it once it's restored.

PM me if interested. The back-glass is in quite good shape -- for some reason I didn't get a pic of it this afternoon but will try to post tomorrow.

Mark

IMG_1035 (resized).jpgIMG_1035 (resized).jpg
IMG_1040 (resized).jpgIMG_1040 (resized).jpg
IMG_1039 (resized).jpgIMG_1039 (resized).jpg
IMG_1038 (resized).jpgIMG_1038 (resized).jpg
IMG_1041 (resized).jpgIMG_1041 (resized).jpg
IMG_1042 (resized).jpgIMG_1042 (resized).jpg
IMG_1043 (resized).jpgIMG_1043 (resized).jpg
IMG_E1039 (resized).jpgIMG_E1039 (resized).jpg
IMG_E1040 (resized).jpgIMG_E1040 (resized).jpg
IMG_E1041 (resized).jpgIMG_E1041 (resized).jpg
IMG_E1042 (resized).jpgIMG_E1042 (resized).jpg
IMG_E1043 (resized).jpgIMG_E1043 (resized).jpg

#73 5 years ago

Looks to be similar to the one I just had delivered today! Though I do have one split plastic.

blockquote cite="#4371893">I just picked up this restoration project today, for eventual sale. I'm planning to restore the playfield (including repainting touchup spots) and get it working 100% but probably won't do a repaint on this cabinet. This one will be for sale, and I'd be willing to sell it right now as-is if you want a project (I just finished the other King Pin, and also a Quick Draw, and am kind of worn out on projects at the moment). But if no one is interested I'll sell it once it's restored.
PM me if interested. The back-glass is in quite good shape -- for some reason I didn't get a pic of it this afternoon but will try to post tomorrow.
Mark

#75 5 years ago

That’s a decent game for 700.. it is not really a bargain ala craigslist, but not bad. Love the intitals carved into the cabinet... depending on how bad cabinet is price may be high but that’s a perfectly reasonable starting price.

#76 5 years ago

i thought so too. (it's mine).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-gottlieb-king-pin-harrisburg-pa/page/2?hl=eph1fifty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.