(Topic ID: 74042)

WTB: Gottlieb "Free Fall"/ "Gold Strike"

By jrpinball

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Would like to find an all around very nice example of "FF" within 5-6 hour drive from NYC area. Also would like a reasonably priced "GS" in reasonably good condition within the same area. (jrpinball at netzero dot net) Nothing in Canada please unless you want to cross the border with the game.

#2 10 years ago

You just missed a free fall on the Syracuse CL yesterday. Ad says it sold.

syracuse.craigslist.org link

#3 10 years ago

Yeah, I also just missed a "Gold Strike" in Syracuse this past spring. Funny thing was, I actually was in the area at the time! I live about 3 1/2 hours from Syracuse, but happened to be working in the area that day. I checked Mr. Pinball that evening, and saw a very reasonably priced "GS", but it was gone by the time I called. I know who got it, and he wants like 3X what he got it for and didn't do a thing to it!
"FF" is tough to find with all three major elements in nice condition. The reds on the glass are usually flaked, and the playfields are usually worn or badly planked. I figure I'll give it a shot though.

#4 10 years ago

Got a Gold Strike on NH Craigslist. Its not a perfect example but works. PM me with email and we can talk.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Spanishsilver:

Got a Gold Strike on NH Craigslist. Its not a perfect example but works. PM me with email and we can talk.</blockquote

Saw your game on eBay. It's a bit rough. What offers have you had? I wouldn't be anywhere near your "buy it now" price for that game, but thanks for your reply.

#6 10 years ago

I have a very nice sky jump (non add a ball version). Had not thought about selling it but if the price was right..........
No planking on the PF at all. An area where finish is gone but, it is the best of three machines that I bought. I also have the worst of the 3. I would part with that very easily (cheaply), but it comes in pieces! I had intended to make a virtual pin out of that one, but the time to complete is just not available. It won't break my heart to keep either of them though.

#7 10 years ago

Thanks, but I'm an AAB guy. Only want that version.

#8 10 years ago

It is still a great game. There was one in Allentown at pinfest last year, condition was poor though.

2 months later
#9 10 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I know who got it, and he wants like 3X what he got it for and didn't do a thing to it!
"FF" is tough to find with all three major elements in nice condition. The reds on the glass are usually flaked, and the playfields are usually worn or badly planked. I figure I'll give it a shot though.

Would the machine you are talking about be the one currently on Mr pinball.com, located in Fabius, NY (near syracuse)?
Im looking for a machine under 1000-1500, something to try out and hone my shopping skills on. Need help!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-gottlieb-free-fall-gold-strike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.