Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by TheDude
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider viperrwk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 10 years ago

I agree they are a bear to fix and if the corrosion is extensive may not be worth trying to repair. Unfortunately, sockets can be damaged by the battery, ROMs can be damaged, and other components can also go bad. Lots to change out and test to get it working correctly. Changing the ROMs to 2716s is a challenge in and of itself to figure out how to cut and strap the board correctly for them. But they can be repaired.

Replacement boards are available from Jim @ Echo Lake:

Jim Francesangeli
Echo Lake Pinball Service & Sales
925 Marwin Dr.
Hinckley, Ohio 44233
tel: 330-278-2228
jvbuzzard(at)earthlink(dot)net

viperrwk

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from rcarlson:

I have already contacted Jim ant Echo Lake Pinball a week ago, he is running a new batch of 40 units (the good news) but they are all spoken for and will not be running any more (the bad news). The parts are getting to hard to find. This is why I am looking for a used board to repair. I am a board repair tech and have been repairing arcade/pin boards since the mid 80's. So if you have a board or two that you are willing to part with please let me know.
Thanks for the link viperrwk, I have sent a pm to him
Post edited by rcarlson : Thank you

Ack! Did Jim tell you this would be his last run ever? If so that is very bad news for current and future GP owners...

viperrwk

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from rcarlson:

Yes, This would be the last run it seems, and is limited to 40 units. (I spoke to Jim's wife on my call back, Jim was out for a run)
I am going to see if I can get him to make a few extra blank boards or make some that are not fully populated. I know it is going to be hard to keep the GP games up and running in the future and to bring back the ones just sitting and waiting to be restored. (I am not holding out hope on this)
You can still find the HM-6551-9 ram and most of the other parts but they are going away fast.

Thanks for the update. I imagine it would be too much work for him to re-layout the board to use 5101s instead of the 6551. I imagine that's the hardest chip to get. The others should be pretty easy, relatively speaking.

viperrwk

11 months later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 179.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider viperrwk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-game-plan-mpu-1-or-mpu-2?tu=viperrwk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.