• 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2010_02180041_1024.JPG
There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Anybody out there have a FH playfield for sale and maybe a nice set decals for future restoration. Mine is not bad but will need one eventually.

Thanks,
JBA

#2 10 years ago

Morning bump...

#3 10 years ago

I have one but I have been slacking on taking pics. I owe some to a pinsider in North Jersey who was considering finding an extra playfield to refurb.

#4 10 years ago

There is one on route here in Vancouver that is so bad that when you find one,they could use yours.

#5 10 years ago

I think brand new ones will be available soon enough from CPR's next run.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from annointed:

I have one but I have been slacking on taking pics. I owe some to a pinsider in North Jersey who was considering finding an extra playfield to refurb.

Let me know

#7 10 years ago

Want to make mine cherry ...is that term still used to mean super nice....lol

#9 10 years ago

I finally took some pics of my old playfield and ramps, so you can check them out and determine whether you'd be interested.

http://s5.photobucket.com/user/annointed/library/Funhouse%20parts

I'll know shortly whether the North Jersey pinsider want to buy them. If not, they're available, I wouldn't be looking for much.

#10 10 years ago

Just heard back from the North Jersey fellow, and my FH parts are available if you're interested.

#11 10 years ago

I looks as if it used...I was looking for a brand new pf ...but thanks.

#12 10 years ago

I do have Funhouse in production right now. They will be available soon.

Regards,
Mirco

1 week later
#13 10 years ago

i want one when available as well!

3 weeks later
#14 10 years ago

Any movement on this? I haven't heard anything in a while

#15 10 years ago

It is along shot but this site has tons of pinheads from all over the world. http://www.pinballowners.com/pinball-machines-for-sale

3 months later
#16 9 years ago
Quoted from Highclasspinball:

I do have Funhouse in production right now. They will be available soon.
Regards,
Mirco

Should be getting closer, I'll be grabbing one for sure!

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from Joshmx19:

Should be getting closer, I'll be grabbing one for sure!

Did you hear something?

#18 9 years ago

There are two available on EBAY.

#19 9 years ago

Yup, two are on eBay. One is $650 starting bid or buy-it-now price of $900.

#20 9 years ago

Any recent update from Mirco?

#21 9 years ago

Have faith in Mirco - it may take some time, but it is worth it. I've bought two already and waiting for a third.

#22 9 years ago

BTW that cheap one on ebay looks like an undrilled IPB - no dimples

#23 9 years ago

I have faith!

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Did you hear something?

I just assume since he said 4 weeks ago that it is in production that it will be done soon but no, I haven't personally heard anything. I just ordered a set of ramps because they are getting scarce but my Funhouse restoration is still a ways off. I need to get to Whirlwind first!

#25 9 years ago

I have a real nice one. This was hand picked by me from over 100 "first" playfields at IPB and then cleared by Kevin D and drilled,T-nutted and dimpled by HSA. It looks amazing.

I'm working on touching up my original since it's in really good shape and not worth doing the swap, so i can probably let this one go.

1250 buys it shipped in the US. 1200 unshipped.

-c

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

BTW that cheap one on ebay looks like an undrilled IPB - no dimples

I can't tell the difference between either one. How can you tell?

#27 9 years ago

If you zoom in there are no dimples on the back side.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

If you zoom in there are no dimples on the back side.

I thought dimples were small dents caused by ball impacts on the playfield. Does this term have another meaning?

[edit]: Ah, I found some photos of original stripped playfields, and these reproductions on ebay seem to be missing quite a number of the smaller holes for wire guides and other parts.

#29 9 years ago

Yes, they are small indents made by pressing pins into the pf where the screws are supposed to go.

#30 9 years ago

FYI, there are actually a very, very small number of NOS wms FH fields that were undimpled.

These were original run PFs (not the wms 2nd run w/the color bleed), possibly production run leftovers, and were never offered for sale through WMS parts/service.

They ended up sold to Marco in a bulk sale, and onto various buyers from there.

Probably no more than a dozen like this, maybe two ... but they're out there.

#31 9 years ago

So both playfields on Ebay have no dimples. Sounds like I am better off waiting.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from knobstone:

So both playfields on Ebay have no dimples. Sounds like I am better off waiting.

I think so, Mirco makes nice stuff! What is his "new" clear coat process? Anyone know?

#33 9 years ago

I'm not sure. However I know someone who recently had issues with the clear coat. The clear coat separated from the playfield. He has been waiting for a replacement for months from Micro.

#34 9 years ago

For anyone wondering, this is what one of the original WMS nos fields looks like ...

(this was undimpled, and cleared with Diamond Varathane back in the late 90s)

2010_02180041_1024.JPG2010_02180041_1024.JPG

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from _litz:

For anyone wondering, this is what one of the original WMS nos fields looks like ...
(this was undimpled, and cleared with Diamond Varathane back in the late 90s)

No such thing as Diamond Varathane - Diamond plate is auto clear - varathane is a completely different monster.

#36 9 years ago

This summer was the date

#37 9 years ago

The product (at that time) was made by Flecto ... was called "Diamond Varathane Elite, IPN" ...

So, yes - there is indeed Diamond Varathane. It's a water based polyurethane hardwood floor finish.

Currently available from Home Depot (Rust-o-leum bought Flecto) ... http://www.homedepot.com/p/Varathane-1-qt-Clear-Gloss-Water-Based-Interior-Polyurethane-2-Pack-200041H/202057129

It dries hard as a rock ... isn't quite as indestructible as the automotive clearcoats, but think about it ... you put this stuff on FLOORS ... and all the wear and tear that goes on there. It's quite acceptable as an alternative, in a home use environment. Especially back in the 90s, when the options for automotive clearcoating weren't yet available.

It finishes crystal clear, no yellowing, no cracking, just perfect.

#38 9 years ago

I should add, that NO FunHouse playfield, beyond the sample games, was clearcoated by WMS with DiamondPlate.

Hence the need to clearcoat this one before installation.

#39 9 years ago

Taken from RGP archives: There was also a separate batch of dp pf's made a few years after the production run. These are the ones that had some of the red color bleeding.

#40 9 years ago

Right ... mine isn't one of those.

All of the ones made with the red color bleeding were fully dimpled and pressed.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Taken from RGP archives: There was also a separate batch of dp pf's made a few years after the production run. These are the ones that had some of the red color bleeding.

What does that color bleeding tend to look like? I wasn't able to find any example images for this.

#42 9 years ago

I haven't seen one myself. I've only worked with the mirco repos

#43 9 years ago

If I remember correctly, from that time, it was more of a pinkish hue in the white area of the clock.

I don't know if an actual picture of it exists. There are basically three sets of "WMS" fh playfields :

1) diamondplated sample game playfield ... should have a "Protected by Diamondplate" logo.
2) normal production playfields (both in games, and the small number that went to Marco)
3) WMS re-run playfields; diamondplated *without* logo, with color bleed in white area of clock

Except for the small number of original run playfields sold to Marco, all WMS fh fields should have been pressed/dimpled.

post WMS, there are at least, IPB FH fields, Mirco fields, maybe others?

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from _litz:

If I remember correctly, from that time, it was more of a pinkish hue in the white area of the clock.
I don't know if an actual picture of it exists. There are basically three sets of "WMS" fh playfields :
1) diamondplated sample game playfield ... should have a "Protected by Diamondplate" logo.
2) normal production playfields (both in games, and the small number that went to Marco)
3) WMS re-run playfields; diamondplated *without* logo, with color bleed in white area of clock
Except for the small number of original run playfields sold to Marco, all WMS fh fields should have been pressed/dimpled.
post WMS, there are at least, IPB FH fields, Mirco fields, maybe others?

Doesn't say protected by diamond plate on the sample games, it will say L.S. Top Coat (for Lenc Smith)

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

Doesn't say protected by diamond plate on the sample games, it will say L.S. Top Coat (for Lenc Smith)

The prototype I have says Diamondplate

#46 9 years ago

There's a photo of the logo on IPDB .. it quite clearly says DiamondPlate, with a diamond logo.

http://mirror2.ipdb.org/images/966/image-37.jpg

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

I have a sample game and is says protected by Diamond Plate on my playfield.

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

The prototype I have says Diamondplate

Quoted from Squeakman:

I have a sample game and is says protected by Diamond Plate on my playfield.

Thanks for the correction guys, seems the L.S. topcoat is even more rare. Heres more info:

http://www.flippers.be/pinball_playfields.html

#49 9 years ago

Bump for Mirco

#50 9 years ago

Another bump...even though I don't think he reads these

There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-funhouse-playfield-2/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.