IMG_5691.JPG
IMG_5710.JPG
IMG_5707.JPG
IMG_5708.JPG
IMG_5709.JPG
IMG_6467.JPG
IMG_6475.JPG
IMG_6493.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shacklersrevenge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Title says it all, me and my ten friends would each like to buy a TZ that is fully working. Rough cabinet and wear on the playfield is okay by us, just as long as it's playing well.

Please pm me if you have one.

Thanks, James

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

I don't have one for that price but I do have one for $5000 that comes with a mirco Playfield, cabinet decals, new powerball and no credit dot.
There is wear on the word "twilight" on the playfield.
Just right for someone that wants to play the game for a while and when they are ready they can dive into a playfield swap and redo the cabinet at the same time.

THAT is a fantastic price, this should sell no problem.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

as flattered as I am, that you were thinking of me. Even I know this would be hard to find, considering TZ was the first pin i've ever bought and paid $2100 , around 10 years ago. Not saying it's impossible to find for $2800, but you won't find it by asking on here, or on ebay/craigslist. You have to do leg work and really hunt for it. there are plenty of untapped warehouses still have these covered in dust. Just have to run into the right people at the right time.

i'm not really expecting/asking for a $2800 TZ, WHYSNOW said that is what he was looking to pay, and what mine would be worth to him.

I have paid $800- yep not a typo- collector quality TZ from a Vendor in 2009 (ribbon cables were installed wrong)
Same Vendor had another I picked up for $2500 in 2011, (again collector quality, no pf wear, no fade)
The one I have listed FS I paid $2500 for and its needed a lot of work/parts/money to get where it is.

They are out there, and like you said, you have to hunt and look under the rocks. At the very least there are hundreds and hundreds still out there collecting dust.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

so you paid 2500 and my offer of 2800-3k is still off base? lol
You polished a players game by throwing a bunch of new parts at it, but it still has a toasted pf and cab.
You were advertising as a good restoration game, but for me it is priced quite high for anyone looking to restore. No need to take it so personal, but what you actually purchased the game for is good reason to see that you would have been better off selling it as is rather than tossing a bunch of parts at it and then asking 4650 while selling it for 'restoration'.
Like I said before, sell it as a players game 100% working after you have is fixed up mechanically and electronically and you are in the right market.
A pinhead looking for restoration core is not your market audience.
I would have happily offered $2500 for the game as you got it and you could have kept all the parts you tossed at it. That sounds like a good restoration core.

I saved a TZ. I have no regrets whatsoever and don't second guess the decision to bring it back to life. ''Tossing a bunch of new parts at it'' ? Let's see you do the same and troubleshoot everything along the way. I didn't polish anything, I fixed it.
It still is a restoration or a players pin, that hasn't changed. I'm not turned off from doing a pf swap myself, If I choose.

You seem to miss the point, that I don't care if the game sells or not. Why do you? I'm not looking for marketing advice.

And as for you happily offering the game for $2500 as I got it...key word being ''as I got it'' You don't even know the condition of the game as I got it. Do the leg work yourself, why should I buy the game ''as is'' and move it onto someone like yourself? The seller actually had two of these, I passed the other on to a friend. I don't recall us being?

In the end, maybe I liked fixing the game and playing it?
If you don't agree with any of it, disagree and move on. It is nothing personal, it's pinball, but really, you've picked on this game enough.

#39 9 years ago

This whole thread was made just to prove a point, some may see it, some may not.

Whysnow has his thoughts, I have mine, we're both just defending our thoughts, we obviously disagree, which is okay. No hard feelings either way.

Flip on, pinball is too fun

1 month later
#61 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

shackler better at least come back and give me a thumbs up for proving 2800 TZ are still around.
Even samples

well, I wonder how many rocks you had to look under for that one? But it sounds like to me this thread may have done you some favors

I think I did you one slightly better though, and on Monday I will share exactly what that is

#65 9 years ago

ebay newly listed buy it now for an Addams Family for $2500, with lots of mods. Picked up on the Sti truck today.

It's no $300 TZ like listed above (I bought a near collector quality TZ from a vendor 5 years ago for $800 that only needed ribbon cables- they robbed them) but it will do for current.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shacklersrevenge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-fully-working-tz-for-2800?tu=shacklersrevenge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.