New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 118801)

WTB- Fully working TZ for $2800

By shacklersrevenge

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by shacklersrevenge
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 19 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

twilight zone 2.jpg
tzstartrek3.JPG
Capture.PNG
P3191554.JPG
P3191555.JPG
TZ shooter lane.jpg
IMG_5700.JPG
IMG_5693.JPG
IMG_5691.JPG
IMG_5710.JPG
IMG_5707.JPG
IMG_5708.JPG
IMG_5709.JPG
IMG_6467.JPG
IMG_6475.JPG
IMG_6493.JPG

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

Title says it all, me and my ten friends would each like to buy a TZ that is fully working. Rough cabinet and wear on the playfield is okay by us, just as long as it's playing well.

Please pm me if you have one.

Thanks, James

#2 5 years ago

I'm one of the friends, right?

Something tells me this is a continuation of a conversation in a certain FS TZ thread...

#3 5 years ago

That description is a $4-$4600 TZ Good luck!

#4 5 years ago

me too. trust me my friend i feel your pain.

#5 5 years ago

I want one for 1500. Good luck

#6 5 years ago

Sign me up!

#8 5 years ago

I want two or three at that price

#9 5 years ago

Well played.

#10 5 years ago

Sorry to thread hijack, but if someone does have 10 of them available, Ill buy all of them, screw the OP and his friends, save yourself the time by selling them all to one buyer for an easier transaction.

By the way, I have actually bought some machines from James, and technically so did Maddog on this thread. I think that his TZ is priced just right. Not worth it for me because id be reslling it and having to ship, but I know that I can move a TZ here anyday for his asking price

#12 5 years ago

Not sure the story here, but I'm guessing it has to do with something Captain Neo posted?

#13 5 years ago

I don't have one for that price but I do have one for $5000 that comes with a mirco Playfield, cabinet decals, new powerball and no credit dot.

There is wear on the word "twilight" on the playfield.

Just right for someone that wants to play the game for a while and when they are ready they can dive into a playfield swap and redo the cabinet at the same time.

IMG_6498.JPG IMG_6497.JPG IMG_6493.JPG IMG_6495.JPG IMG_6475.JPG IMG_6467.JPG IMG_5707.JPG IMG_5708.JPG IMG_5709.JPG IMG_5710.JPG IMG_5691.JPG IMG_5693.JPG IMG_5700.JPG
#14 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

I don't have one for that price but I do have one for $5000 that comes with a mirco Playfield, cabinet decals, new powerball and no credit dot.
Just right for someone that wants to play the game for a while and when they are ready they can dive into a playfield swap and redo the cabinet at the same time.

THAT is a fantastic price, this should sell no problem.

#15 5 years ago

Put me down for a few. I think your about 10 years late to the party on that price.

#16 5 years ago

Me, too! I will take 3 of them. One for me and my other favorite alter personalities. My not favorite alter personalities can eat shit.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Not sure the story here, but I'm guessing it has to do with something Captain Neo posted?

Good guess! But it's actually a response to Whysnow's recent "offer" on OP's TZ.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-twilight-zone-4650-4651#post-2252652

#18 5 years ago

I own a sweet one but id buy a few for my friends at that price

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

IMG_6498.JPG 478 KB

IMG_6497.JPG 316 KB

IMG_6495.JPG 288 KB

IMG_6493.JPG 354 KB

IMG_6475.JPG 330 KB

IMG_6467.JPG 285 KB

IMG_5709.JPG 347 KB

IMG_5708.JPG 377 KB

IMG_5707.JPG 372 KB

IMG_5710.JPG 288 KB

IMG_5691.JPG 289 KB

IMG_5693.JPG 358 KB

IMG_5700.JPG 285 KB

Is this for real ? Great deal heck where u located I may come get it ?

#20 5 years ago

I'm no rocket scientist, but I'm guessing maybe it's located in...Texas???

#21 5 years ago

PM sent

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

as flattered as I am, that you were thinking of me. Even I know this would be hard to find, considering TZ was the first pin i've ever bought and paid $2100 , around 10 years ago. Not saying it's impossible to find for $2800, but you won't find it by asking on here, or on ebay/craigslist. You have to do leg work and really hunt for it. there are plenty of untapped warehouses still have these covered in dust. Just have to run into the right people at the right time.

#23 5 years ago

I started in the hobby about 11 years ago. I don't remember a tz being that cheap then. I think the 90s games were going up in value then too. I got into the hobby a bit late to afford a room full of dmd games. I'm thinking a few years before that like 15. It's sick what some people claimed to pay for games selling for good money now.
You should all be thankful for the opportunities you have had.
Fortytwo

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

I started in the hobby about 11 years ago. I don't remember a tz being that cheap then. I think the 90s games were going up in value then too. I got into the hobby a bit late to afford a room full of dmd games. I'm thinking a few years before that like 15. It's sick what some people claimed to pay for games selling for good money now.
You should all be thankful for the opportunities you have had.
Fortytwo

I still have an old email from 2009 where I was offered:

TZ Sample with 3rd magnet and white clock face - 3500 with lots of cool mods (Robbie, slot machine, gum balls)
AFM - 3500
Wh20 - 2500

This was when prices were just starting to shoot up. Look at this shooter lane. I passed on all 3 and gave the info to another collector I know that is a member on here. I think he bought them. Who would have known?

TZ shooter lane.jpg

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm no rocket scientist, but I'm guessing maybe it's located in...Texas???

Smartass lol I didn't see a location or dionagnose his screen name my bad

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Is this for real ? Great deal heck where u located I may come get it ?

Houston Texas, happy to ship too.

#27 5 years ago

"WTB- Fully working TZ for $2800" exclaimed the man, waking from a coma that he had been in since 2003!

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

as flattered as I am, that you were thinking of me. Even I know this would be hard to find, considering TZ was the first pin i've ever bought and paid $2100 , around 10 years ago. Not saying it's impossible to find for $2800, but you won't find it by asking on here, or on ebay/craigslist. You have to do leg work and really hunt for it. there are plenty of untapped warehouses still have these covered in dust. Just have to run into the right people at the right time.

i'm not really expecting/asking for a $2800 TZ, WHYSNOW said that is what he was looking to pay, and what mine would be worth to him.

I have paid $800- yep not a typo- collector quality TZ from a Vendor in 2009 (ribbon cables were installed wrong)
Same Vendor had another I picked up for $2500 in 2011, (again collector quality, no pf wear, no fade)
The one I have listed FS I paid $2500 for and its needed a lot of work/parts/money to get where it is.

They are out there, and like you said, you have to hunt and look under the rocks. At the very least there are hundreds and hundreds still out there collecting dust.

#29 5 years ago

I agree. I've cashed in on a lot of good deals through the years. I got a HUO Dr.who and TZ combo for 2k once. Neither were working. Hadn't been shopped in a while. But neither had a spec of fade or playfield wear. (try finding a Dr.who with no fade). That was 2007. I know because I used to profit to buy my NIB LOTR fresh out the factory door for $3400 shipped. That's when pinball was reasonable.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I agree. I've cashed in on a lot of good deals through the years. I got a HUO Dr.who and TZ combo for 2k once. Neither were working. Hadn't been shopped in a while. But neither had a spec of fade or playfield wear. (try finding a Dr.who with no fade). That was 2007. I know because I used to profit to buy my NIB LOTR fresh out the factory door for $3400 shipped. That's when pinball was reasonable.

How about an excl condition Gottlieb Spirit for $200 (no, I was not the lucky buyer)?
Can anyone beat that?
Funspot NH--when they built the failed indoor golf center and created the non profit arcade museum.
Dates back to 1997...yet still hurts like it was yesterday.

#31 5 years ago

back then, Spirit was not the cash cow it is today tho. Still would have been nice to land one. I just want to play a real one once. Play the virtual version but the angles are off.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

i'm not really expecting/asking for a $2800 TZ, WHYSNOW said that is what he was looking to pay, and what mine would be worth to him.

The one I have listed FS I paid $2500 for and its needed a lot of work/parts/money to get where it is.

so you paid 2500 and my offer of 2800-3k is still off base? lol

You polished a players game by throwing a bunch of new parts at it, but it still has a toasted pf and cab.
You were advertising as a good restoration game, but for me it is priced quite high for anyone looking to restore. No need to take it so personal, but what you actually purchased the game for is good reason to see that you would have been better off selling it as is rather than tossing a bunch of parts at it and then asking 4650 while selling it for 'restoration'.

Like I said before, sell it as a players game 100% working after you have is fixed up mechanically and electronically and you are in the right market.

A pinhead looking for restoration core is not your market audience.

I would have happily offered $2500 for the game as you got it and you could have kept all the parts you tossed at it. That sounds like a good restoration core.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

so you paid 2500 and my offer of 2800-3k is still off base? lol
You polished a players game by throwing a bunch of new parts at it, but it still has a toasted pf and cab.
You were advertising as a good restoration game, but for me it is priced quite high for anyone looking to restore. No need to take it so personal, but what you actually purchased the game for is good reason to see that you would have been better off selling it as is rather than tossing a bunch of parts at it and then asking 4650 while selling it for 'restoration'.
Like I said before, sell it as a players game 100% working after you have is fixed up mechanically and electronically and you are in the right market.
A pinhead looking for restoration core is not your market audience.
I would have happily offered $2500 for the game as you got it and you could have kept all the parts you tossed at it. That sounds like a good restoration core.

I saved a TZ. I have no regrets whatsoever and don't second guess the decision to bring it back to life. ''Tossing a bunch of new parts at it'' ? Let's see you do the same and troubleshoot everything along the way. I didn't polish anything, I fixed it.
It still is a restoration or a players pin, that hasn't changed. I'm not turned off from doing a pf swap myself, If I choose.

You seem to miss the point, that I don't care if the game sells or not. Why do you? I'm not looking for marketing advice.

And as for you happily offering the game for $2500 as I got it...key word being ''as I got it'' You don't even know the condition of the game as I got it. Do the leg work yourself, why should I buy the game ''as is'' and move it onto someone like yourself? The seller actually had two of these, I passed the other on to a friend. I don't recall us being?

In the end, maybe I liked fixing the game and playing it?
If you don't agree with any of it, disagree and move on. It is nothing personal, it's pinball, but really, you've picked on this game enough.

#34 5 years ago

Hate to say it as I've had positive dealings with Whysnow - but just let it go man.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

me too. trust me my friend i feel your pain.

hah, I bet you do, would go nice with that big stash of all day $2k TAF's you have eh?

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Hate to say it as I've had positive dealings with Whysnow - but just let it go man.

Yeah, I figured the entire thread was created as troll fodder anyway.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Yeah, I figured the entire thread was created as troll fodder anyway.

It was, and good luck to the OP, but might I add that a shop job desperately is in order for this TZ.

#38 5 years ago

While we're making offers...I'll go $5K for a Capcom Kingpin if anyone has one to sell.

#39 5 years ago

This whole thread was made just to prove a point, some may see it, some may not.

Whysnow has his thoughts, I have mine, we're both just defending our thoughts, we obviously disagree, which is okay. No hard feelings either way.

Flip on, pinball is too fun

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

While we're making offers...I'll go $5K for a Capcom Kingpin if anyone has one to sell.

Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

This whole thread was made just to prove a point.

So no $5K Capcom Kingpin, then?

4 weeks later
#41 5 years ago

He is what a $2800 TZ looks like.

Picked it up last weekend. It will need a little love but should turn out great.
I have not had time to unwrap it and dig in yet, but figured it was worth resurrecting this thread.

Sorry, it is not for sale.

P3191555.JPGP3191554.JPG

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Picked it up last weekend. It will need a little love but should turn out great.
I have not had time to unwrap it and dig in yet, but figured it was worth resurrecting this thread.
P3191555.JPG (Click image to enlarge)P3191554.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

You suck.

#43 5 years ago

is that a demo man handle?

Capture.PNG
#44 5 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

is that a demo man handle?

Capture.PNG

yes and JD is on other side of that.

I have been on a wide girl bender lately

#45 5 years ago

oh i thought the TZ had one DM handle

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

P3191555.JPG (Click image to enlarge)P3191554.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

You always find the deals of course depends what it needs and whats wrong with it ? It is a sample tho thats a plus

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

You always find the deals of course depends what it needs and whats wrong with it ? It is a sample tho thats a plus

how can you tell from cab art is is a sample?

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

No sunburst around Rod's head - early game. Sunburst around Rod's head - later game.

LTG : )™

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

White door on head lol im a tz pro bc its my favorite and literally know everything about it lol

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

White door on head lol im a tz pro bc its my favorite and literally know everything about it lol

I never knew that. And here I had planned to have a little more fun when I took some photos upon opening up the game and showing you guys the treat of this game

It has a few other things that make it interesting which I recognized after buying it.

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside