Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by ronlisa
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I'm looking to buy my first pin and I tend to like games from the 90s like Johnny Mnemonic, Jurassic Park, Last Action Hero, etc. Any recommendations for a good similar starter game at a decent price point would be great. I'm open to offers as well.

Thanks,
TJ

#2 11 years ago

You named it already. Johnny Mnemonic is the best bang for the buck for sure. If you don't like fast, exiting game play with of plethora of modes and challenges; don't buy this game.

#3 11 years ago

Take a peek at this list.. Don't count on those prices for a lot of them though...

http://pinside.com/pinball/top-100/bangforbuck

#4 11 years ago

One thing you might want to consider.....make a list of pins that interest you, then install Visual Pinball on your computer (go to vpforums.org). Download the pins on your list and play them. Of course, it isn't the same as playing a real machine, but you can get an idea of which games you enjoy and which ones you don't. Once you have several that you like, keep checking this website.

This is what I did, and I am now awaiting delivery on my first pin.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from rdawsoniii:

One thing you might want to consider.....make a list of pins that interest you, then install Visual Pinball on your computer (go to vpforums.org).

No need for VP...head on over to CP Pinball in S. Roxana. Chuck has just about everything over there!
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.Team-EM.com
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

#6 11 years ago

TJ, have you been to the Orbitz Pinball Lounge in Maplewood? They have LAH and JP there. CP has a ton of pinballs, about 80, but none of those three.

#7 11 years ago

Hey Hotwheels, funny you should mention Orbitz. My brother and I went there for the first time last week to check it out and it totally reinforced my desire for the JP. Truth be told, Orbitz was the first place I played LAH but I connected it with pretty well. The funny thing about it was that we visited CP Pinball the week before since it's only 30 minutes from us. $10 at CP lasted about 4 hours. $10 at Orbitz lasted about 15 minutes! Tons of fun either way and thanks for the recommendation!

#8 11 years ago

I could be persuaded to sell my JM. Im not far from St. Louis.

#9 11 years ago

Let Chuck know you're in the market, he & his buddy's can get you something in your range.

I buy from him, my friends buy from him, pinsiders buy from him.

He's a great seller, host & guy.

Orbitz bought damn near all of their machines from him I think. That's based on a Facebook or pinside comment they made, can't remember.

I have a sweet treasure cove JP. If my buyer flakes out, which he may since I've been dragging my ass on selling it, I will let you know.

#10 11 years ago

PS I will be @ CP tomorrow in a grey V neck, say hi if you want.

#11 11 years ago

Lefttee, you're not far at all. Some friends of mine have a house on Indian Hills
Lake so I get down to Cuba quite often. Let me know what you're asking for it and maybe we can work something out.

PinballWizard, thanks for the advice. I wish I would be over there tomorrow but I have work in the morning and a wedding in the afternoon. Sunday's have been my CP days as of late. Have fun for me and let me know next time you're heading over.

#12 11 years ago

Fish Tales is a great game and can be picked up very reasonable.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 18.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 29.00
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-first-pinball-machine-saint-louis-mo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.