(Topic ID: 68647)

WTB: Firepower-era stand-up target (Still looking)

By GListOverflow

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by J-A-Z
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20131030_160632_448s.jpg
#1 10 years ago

One of my Firepower targets broke off in the middle of the switch, so I need a replacement. Mounting bracket is different from what is available from PBL or Marco. Anybody got an extra lying around? If you have multiple I might take more than one since I'm not seeing them sold anywhere.

The rivets on the stack broke and I used a screw and lock nut to replace so even just the switch leaf with the target on it would be enough to fix it since I can disassemble the stack.

IMG_20131030_160632_448s.jpgIMG_20131030_160632_448s.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Pm sent

#4 10 years ago

All taken care of, thanks to Spitfiren8 who is awesome

1 month later
#5 10 years ago

Looking again. Spitfiren8 was going to send me some but I haven't heard from him since. I hope he is ok.

I know I can use the Gottlieb part in a pinch but I would rather find an original if possible.

3 years later
#6 7 years ago

I just got a firepower and want to replace all 6 main targets as mine are mismatched and damaged. I found the same targets Vid1900 mentioned and am about to order them. Vid, do you see any problems using them on a Williams game? Hoping the mounting holes match up as well.

3 months later
#7 6 years ago

Looking for a bit of help. I bought the gottlieb target vid recommended, but it only has two solder lugs whereas the one I'm taking out of the firepower has three plus the banded diode. How do I install it correctly?

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from J-A-Z:

Hoping the mounting holes match up as well.

You can reuse the old mounting bracket.

The switches are just little stacks of parts that can be re-stacked.

For instance, sometimes the bracket is on the front and you need to move it to the back, or there is some oddball spacer that needs to be moved from the old switchstack to the new.

-

BUT all that being said, remember that normally the whole switch does not get replaced.

Usually, only the plastic faces wear out, and those are $1 each.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-stand-up-target-faces-vids-guide

#9 6 years ago

Thanks, vid. The standup target part snapped off at the bottom and I was trying to just replace the whole thing with the new switch. Instead, I'll just drill the rivets out and replace the standup part of it into the old stack. Thanks!

1 week later
#10 6 years ago

Here is what worked for me. Very happy with results. Mounting holes lined up and ball no longer hits glass off targets. See full thread below.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/firepower-stationary-targets#post-3562648

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-firepower-era-stand-up-target and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.