Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by viper001
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-793.jpg

#1 5 years ago

So...as the MMR release comes closer, I'm actually pondering...

I'm in on an MMR LE, but would not pass up an original MM, but for the right price.

Anyone have any out there for under $8k that aren't trashed? Not CQ obviously, but just throwing it out there...

#2 5 years ago

I've wondered the same thing, so I'll get in line right behind you.

#3 5 years ago

Good luck, originals will rule the day, for most........

#4 5 years ago

Me 3

#5 5 years ago

Good luck with your search.

#6 5 years ago

Nah Ill take a brand new one for 8K but lil bump for your quest for one.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

So...as the MMR release comes closer, I'm actually pondering...
I'm in on an MMR LE, but would not pass up an original MM, but for the right price.
Anyone have any out there for under $8k that aren't trashed? Not CQ obviously, but just throwing it out there...

Dude, did you just inherit a small fortune?

#8 5 years ago

I have one but ill go in line as well for mm under 8k

#9 5 years ago

I'm the Texas guy in line. You know, shipping would kill the deal on such a low priced pin.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Dude, did you just inherit a small fortune?

I was thinking he sold a kidney on the black market, but that'd be like 3 kidneys by now.

#11 5 years ago

Nah, no kidney...and the going rate for pints of blood just isn't good enough either.

Nah, I saved up for a bunch of things, and, surprisingly, have made a few bucks with my restore work. Sold two big things (WoZ and MB) so I've got some "room" in the basement and in the budget.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Nah, no kidney...and the going rate for pints of blood just isn't good enough either.
Nah, I saved up for a bunch of things, and, surprisingly, have made a few bucks with my restore work. Sold two big things (WoZ and MB) so I've got some "room" in the basement and in the budget.

Pinsiders don't need budgets, do we?

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Pinsiders don't need budgets, do we?

If we are married we do

#14 5 years ago

Well I am likely going to bail on my MMRLE preorder. I thought about it, played MM at a friend's house, and it's a fun game, but I don't know if I want to tie up $8k in a game right now that I can get down the road. I kind of enjoy working on the games too, so I'm either going to stay on the hunt for a cheaper original MM and restore it or two less expensive titles...

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Well I am likely going to bail on my MMRLE preorder. I thought about it, played MM at a friend's house, and it's a fun game, but I don't know if I want to tie up $8k in a game right now that I can get down the road. I kind of enjoy working on the games too, so I'm either going to stay on the hunt for a cheaper original MM and restore it or two less expensive titles...

I think this is a great decsion!

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Well I am likely going to bail on my MMRLE preorder.

Good choice and you're are far from the only one thinking this way… when the balance is due they will drop like flies.

Be patient and grab an original MM even if you have to pay a bit more for a nice one… you'll be very happy you did!

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

I was lucky enough to grab a nice one under MMr pricing. I am thrilled I was able to grab an original. I dumped a ton of money getting it in pristine condition and could care less where the prices end up. I think you'll be happy with your choice. I have zero regrets on mine. G'L in you're hunt.

#18 5 years ago

Here you go:

ebay.com link » Medieval Madness Pinball Machine The Holy Grail Of Pinballs

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from derek533:

Here you go:
ebay.com link » Medieval Madness Pinball Machine The Holy Grail Of Pinballs

$6k with 4 days left....don't see that one happening, and not overly fond of coughing that much up for a machine from ebay that I'd need to ship and not being able to inspect.

I'm going to go pin-shopping next week maybe

#20 5 years ago

Save your $$$ and come on over to MGC to party with all the WIguys on April 11-13. I am sure you will find something for sale and have WAY more fun (plus probably a few stories to go along with the nes game).

#21 5 years ago

Nah...I'd love to, but I can't get away quite that far easily and bringing a machine back to NJ from there would probably eat up a bit of my cash

#22 5 years ago

Guess this means I am now at the front of the line! Anyone have a good MM they want to sell that is within reasonable driving distance?

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Guess this means I am now at the front of the line!

What?

#25 5 years ago

Get one thats hurricane damaged at that price range!

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinwow:

Get one thats Hurricane damaged at that price range!

Um..no.

#27 5 years ago

I'll start buying them at the container load for that price then!

#28 5 years ago

That is, if Gecko buys something else. I was joking, by the way. Of course, he has first dibs if anyone wants to respond to his thread.

3 months later
#29 5 years ago

I'll bite. I have a game and am willing to sell. I'll send PMs to those of you interested. PM me if you want to talk.

#30 5 years ago

Brought mine home at Allentown, been enjoying it for months!

#31 5 years ago

One just sold on EBay for $6,200 kinda high price but I guess it was super nice 9.5 of 10.
I talk to a lot of experts and retailers and original MM will go for around $4-5,000 by end of the year!

#32 5 years ago

And why would you buy one higher then 5,000 when you can have a better version NIB for 8

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Bigboythursday:

One just sold on EBay for $6,200 kinda high price but I guess it was super nice 9.5 of 10.
I talk to a lot of experts and retailers and original MM will go for around $4-5,000 by end of the year!

"Experts and retailers" dude do you have any idea how ridiculous that's sounds?

image-793.jpg
#34 5 years ago

Not very. Throw a 1000 plus brand new MMs and the regular production in to the market. Unless an old MM is restored it's pretty low valued .
and let's not kid ourselves with production continuing HUO only new ones will be plentiful and they too will have to price competitively.

#35 5 years ago

I'm in on the MMR LE also and I have been looking for a MM for $10K or under since MMR was announced.

A few around here for $12.5-$15K but that's way too much and they haven't sold in many months.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from WIKED:

I'm in on the MMR LE also and I have been looking for a MM for $10K or under since MMR was announced.
A few around here for $12.5-$15K but that's way too much and they haven't sold in many months.

yes there have been a couple here in aust. just recently for sale. i think 11k is around the mark.

#37 5 years ago

If I could have bought a genuine one for $10K or under I would have but I will settle for my MMR LE instead.

#38 5 years ago

The original will always be king in my book and I believe it will be again to many others in the future. If you can find a decent one for under the MMR LE price of 8k that is a bargain and you will have a classic, original title. Good luck on your search.

#39 5 years ago

I saw one priced nicely as well as an awesome MB recently. But sadly I don't see any value in an old pin vs buying new at all. The only exception to me is games touched by Hep, Mccune and the likes in which case new or old they are.clearly the best.
But yeah for me even 5 k is not worth all the old lights, boards, switches playfields etc when brand new and better tech is available .

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

A question came up about coin mechs (not the ability to accept them), but I've not really addressed this as it is intermingled with the mfg. In any event, the MMR will not ship with any coin mechs -

Quoted from Hwawonyu:

I saw one priced nicely as well as an awesome MB recently. But sadly I don't see any value in an old pin vs buying new at all. The only exception to me is games touched by Hep, Mccune and the likes in which case new or old they are.clearly the best.
But yeah for me even 5 k is not worth all the old lights, boards, switches playfields etc when brand new and better tech is available .

Yea us poor guys with original MM (commercial grade machines with coin mechs ) got nothing on your new Zizzle home use / no coins accepted MMr models

I keed I keed

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Yea us poor guys with original MM (commercial grade machines with coin mechs ) got nothing on your new Zizzle home use / no coins accepted MMr models

Lol, perfect timing : )

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I keed I keed

I was thinking just the other day. Zizzle really is just about the only pinball company that doesn't have their hands in this particular machine.

And frankly I'm not sure why folks are outraged the game will not include coin mechs. Chicago Coin's last pinball machine wouldn't even accept coin mechs at all so this seems like they are at least evolving in their abilities.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside