View topic image gallery

image-73.jpg
DSC_5398.JPG
F-14 beacons.jpg
20140430_113633.jpg
20140430_163631.jpg
20140430_113555.jpg
#1 9 years ago

i recently acquired an Tomcat machine im Holland sitting without legs and glass sheet..

basically sitting there left for dead.. and that is the way i found it.. but the farm guy told me i could pick it up for FREE
so i picked it up.. even there is no beacon motor .. reflectors and beacons.. no glass sheet.. and no legs but the rest is not that bad!

alltough an couple of inserts has been a little bit raised unfortunally.. but the most are level still!

anyway im seeking for the complete F14-Tomcat Topper light assembly.. some previous owner removed that whole section completly also there should be an little electronic print to engage the motor at times.. that little square print has been removed too but still for an free to get game i cant really complain.

what should you guys do with this game.. shop it or break it apart for parts?

20140430_113555.jpg20140430_113555.jpg 20140430_163631.jpg20140430_163631.jpg 20140430_113633.jpg20140430_113633.jpg
#2 9 years ago

Wow that is what I would call farm fresh! Nice pickup for free though. Its a great game, my dad has one in his collection. Good luck with the restore. You should start a restore thread on this one I would love to be able to follow your progress. Keep us posted.

#3 9 years ago

Fix it. If it is beyond your skill set, sell it. If you can't sell it, part it.

#4 9 years ago

From what I know you can buy the beacon motor but no one sells the light domes and I have no idea about the board. If you have the skills, time, place and money to restore it go for it otherwise sell it or part it out.

#5 9 years ago

uhmm i have skills to fix the game and some skills to restore, but i could use some help with it here and there.. i would love to get this to work again, as i am an pinball fan.. my dad said at the time we picked it up is this machine worthwhile to even pickup for free? i said out loud yes offcourse!! (he doesnt know what games sell for at all, all he sees is an trashed game sitting on the ground.. time is no issue,. money is an bit of an concern but i dont have to do this like overnight..

about the game itself.. what is good and bad.. the game is an later run.. it has the red flashers at the back! it doesnt have the 2 bad flashers at the O and A top letters from TOM CAT which caused havoc on early games

The Good is

Translite is 100%
Cabinet.. well for an 27year old game id say not that bad! NOT faded..
but definently not collectors quality.. but it can be made like that..
Speaker panel and plastic is good, right spinner is in place and looks fine
most plastics are dirty but seems allright ( right slingshot have an crack )
all electronic prints seems to be ok..batteries didnt leaked acid. no obvious printhacks as far as i can tell..
i didnt booted the game yet,. so might be totally bad or maybe im lucky and it just runs.. the farmer dude told me he bought the game 5 years ago in working condition for 175 euro.. i wish i founded that for that kind of money in working condition. im happy with the farm dude that he is keen enough just to give me the game for free, but that he dumped the game like trash in his barn maded me feel like Grrrr..

the bad

as i allready told the beacons are gone - so no lights on top.. the whole motor and driver electronics for the topper light has been removed (i dont know the reason of that) but its gone

no playfield glass.. and no legs.. i looked after them in that big place i couldnt find them

playfield has an couple of arrows which are raised above the playfield level, just an couple of them. i readed that it has been possible to make them level again.. so i need to look into that.. but apart of dust and debris on the playfield.. not so bad.. the game has full mylar.. at places where there is no mylar there is those swirl cracks! which is something i want to look into to fix, is there even any fix for that to make it better?

the ramp habitrails has been rusted a bit.. but i guess i can fix them right with some metal grease?
i cant think of something else at this time to say about it.. im thinking about fixxing the game the best.. and restore it the best i can,. im an pinball player after all.. i wanna play this and yes i should make an new topic about this.. or just rename this topic into the restore F14 Topic later on

#6 9 years ago

Looks like a challenging project. Good luck!

Here are some beacon pics.

DSC_5398.JPGDSC_5398.JPG

F-14 beacons.jpgF-14 beacons.jpg

#7 9 years ago

Wow, that's crazy dirty! GLWS! I've got one for sale right now for $1,600. If you need pictures for anything I can help you out..

image-73.jpgimage-73.jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-f14tomcat-beacons-redwhiteblue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.