Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Curbfeeler
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Am hoping to find new ones. Would consider used in a pretty good shape. Some of mine are trashed and cracked and some are just okay. I have checked all the ususal suspects but can't find them. Let me know what you have, thanks!

Dan

#2 5 years ago

crickets?

#3 5 years ago

Hit up JJP, they used some of them for WOZ.

#4 5 years ago

Thanks. I emailed to Jen.

#5 5 years ago

Sure enough, there's a white one on the castle mini PF...that's wierd. If the mold is out there I wonder why the frig these haven't been made available again?

#6 5 years ago

Yah. Their notoriously hard to find

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Sure enough, there's a white one on the castle mini PF...that's wierd. If the mold is out there I wonder why the frig these haven't been made available again?

Even though inserts are 2 cents each, somebody has to order enough to make it worthwhile to do a run.

You have to get the plastic dye color mixed correctly (think how shitty all the blue pop bumper caps and green AFM stand up targets are right now) , you have to condition the molds (if they have sat too long), and you have to run enough and then sit on them until they are sold.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Even though inserts are 2 cents each, somebody has to order enough to make it worthwhile to do a run.
You have to get the plastic dye color mixed correctly (think how shitty all the blue pop bumper caps and green AFM stand up targets are right now) , you have to condition the molds (if they have sat too long), and you have to run enough and then sit on them until they are sold.

Speaking just for myself, if I hadn't sold my F-14, I would've settled for white and put colored LEDs under em. Those are already being produced. I understand it would be difficult to get Mirco or someone to produce like 40k inserts or whatever ludicrous amount they probably want to be "worth their time", but hopefully JJP can supply a handful of extras to guys that need them and are willing to just go with white and a colored LED.

#9 5 years ago

F-14 playfields are in the queue, so hopefully that will provide a solution as well.

#10 5 years ago

Clear ones with blue LED's would look better than the faded ones look now IMO.

Quoted from PPS:

F-14 playfields are in the queue, so hopefully that will provide a solution as well.

How long is the queue though, 2-4 years?

#11 5 years ago

I've wondered about letting them sit for a week in a batch of RIT blue dye, but wondered if they'd bleed back into the clear later. But I've got one red that's cracked in several places, so at least need a replacement for that.

If it came down to it I'd buy more than I needed to get someone to sell them to me and then sell them back over time. Seems like the demand is there.

#12 5 years ago

I doubt that RIT will appropriately dye that type of plastic.. I'd give it a shot but I don't have any inserts that aren't part of a playfield. Nylon dyes great with RIT, so nylon nuts, white nylock nuts, white opaque pop bumper housings and bases, flipper bats and bushings all do great in RIT... rubber rings, not so much, and as stated no clue on inserts.

#13 5 years ago

F-14 is ideally Feb, 2014, possibly later with any delays.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

F-14 is ideally Feb, 2014

F-14 in F-14, that kind of works

2 months later
#16 5 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

F-14 is ideally Feb, 2014, possibly later with any delays.

With February right around the corner I was wondering if there is any update on this product? Thanks. -Tommy

#17 5 years ago

Any news on this?

#18 5 years ago

Waiting anxiously for this PF too!

Is there a waiting list I can get on?

#20 5 years ago

the news is that the art is done, the playfield is routed, the inserts are done, now it's just a matter of putting it all together and printing them, and hopefully feb and if runs late then march.

#21 5 years ago

Thank you for the update!

#22 5 years ago

Cool! Any way to get on a waiting list to reserve a spot? Do you have a price range for the PF?

#23 5 years ago

I am interested to some degree in a reproduction playfield, but honestly the playfield I have is pretty nice except for the inserts which need replaced. Rick - I'm curious if you anticipate stocking the inserts now that the playfields are being run and produced again. I hate to give up on a nice playfield because inserts are impossible to buy, especially when I know they exist

I would buy enough to do 10 playfields, just to have them to share with others.

Thanks,
Dan

#24 5 years ago

playfield inserts I get and sell whenever I can get some. Inserts usually are not 'ready to go' and require sanding off a deck as they are in production of playfields. In this case the company making the playfield has the inserts, so usually they are using what they need for the playfields and then after those are all done we scavange for the leftovers ... so possibly at some time we will have them but would be after the playfields are produced.

#25 5 years ago

PPS, how's the playfields coming?

1 week later
1 week later
#27 5 years ago

bump

#29 5 years ago

I just received the key mod for my HS2. I looked at the 3D print quality of the parts and believe that a pretty good replacement insert could be made from an opaque filament. The clear/white part looks a bit like cloudy ice, not quite transparent, but far from solid. If all of the inserts were changed at the same time, with good LEDs under them, I think it could be an economical and viable stop gap solution until something else becomes available. I'll snap a picture when I get a chance.

1 week later
#30 5 years ago

Bump for an update on F14 PF... How is it going?

1 week later
#31 5 years ago
Quoted from BALL_LESS1:

I think it could be an economical and viable stop gap solution until something else becomes available. I'll snap a picture when I get a chance.

Would love to see that!

1 week later
2 weeks later
#33 5 years ago

There is another F14- repro thread on this forum. April is the latest bid.

1 year later
#34 4 years ago

i need the red ones please help me

1 month later
#35 4 years ago

I will grab a set as well please. I thought this was going to be easier to find...

#36 4 years ago

I'm down for some!

#37 4 years ago

I don't need them any longer. I went ahead and sanded mine and cleared them and they look amazing. Also, I actively boycott PPS due to their business practices and would not buy them from there even if they were available.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside