WTB: Empty Williams System 11 Cabinet

By dieseldogpi

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I might need to swap out the cabinet on a Pinbot, I was hoping to find a replacement/donor nearby in the NY area (NJ, CT area). Need it to be structurally sound. Early system 11 cabinets would work (without folding backbox). But the folding ones might work too. Thanks guys!

Post edited by dieseldogpi : removed system 9

#3 11 years ago

Folding is correct. Needs to be the one with hinges in front, not the newer one with the big metal pieces on the sides.

You planning on repainting it?

#4 11 years ago

I am planning on sourcing some stencils and repainting (if anyone has a source for these, let me know). I didn't realize the original Pinbot backbox folded down. Not sure which games would work then, probably only early system 11 as I'm guessing system 9 games like Space Shuttle had a bolted non-hinged backbox.

#5 11 years ago

Just a quick side note, funny that your previously owned game was a Police Force and now you have a Pinbot. I am trading the Police Force for a the Pinbot. Worth the trade correct?

#6 11 years ago

Hah! Yeah personally I like Pinbot better, but I think it's mainly a personal preference thing. Also I would imagine it is tougher to find a Pinbot in nice shape as most of them seem like they got beat to hell.

#8 11 years ago

Bump...this is going to be one of those long term searches I have a feeling...

#9 11 years ago

Wednesday Bump

#11 11 years ago

been 4 days since a bump

#13 11 years ago

How soon do you need this cabinet? I know I have a system 9 cab in good, sound, condition,which should work for your needs. It is presently buried deep in my storage unit. Will expect to get at it between now and early April at the latest.You can have it for free...NO shipping. I am in CT.

#14 11 years ago

Not to put a damper on this but putting a Pinbot in a Sys9 cabinet is *a lot* of work. For example the Sys11 pivoting playfield would require drilling the Sys9 cabinet. I'm also not sure the playfield would sit low enough in the cab. And the head would need to be cut/drilled for the Pinbot topper, the insert board swapped, you'd have no hinged backbox, etc etc.

viperrwk

#15 11 years ago

I am in no rush, despite how it might look with my incessant bumping. The old cabinet still holding together, as long as I don't move it, it should be fine. Seeing viper's message makes me think I should stick to system 11. Edited the original post and title. Still looking.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-empty-williams-system-9-or-system-11-cabinet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.