010.JPG
009.JPG
004.JPG
image.jpg
photo.JPG
The_king.jpg
elvis.jpg

#1 10 years ago

UPDATE: Found one from a fellow Pinsider!

1 month later
#2 10 years ago

Got this today from the Pinsider I bought the Elvis from... Thank you, thank you very much!

elvis.jpgelvis.jpg

#3 10 years ago

Hey congrats Chris. Wish I could have let go of mine-but it is staying(; I am really enjoying mine. It is getting lots of play time and love. I also decided to create an Elvis station on my Pandora stations to go with playing the Elvis pinball. Elvis truly is the king and a true legend. Congrats-I am stoked for you.

The_king.jpgThe_king.jpg

#4 10 years ago

Congrats Chris...its a great game and everyone who comes over loves it. And when tricked out with frosted and colored LED's it really sets a tone for the rest of the collection to match. When I got mine it was in great shape but the clear "floor" of the upper playfield was pretty cloudy. A good cleanup with dish soap and a quick flame polish made the whole game look like brand new. I then added a stronger coil from Pinballife (made for LOTR) to the right flipper to increase the kick up the ramp to the heartbreak hotel and the game really rocks now. I can only imagine how good it would be with some type of speaker mod.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Kurisu:

Got this today from the Pinsider I bought the Elvis from... Thank you, thank you very much!

Thanks Chris, I'm glad I could help you find your Elvis; and it makes me feel good knowing it is going to a true fan.-and a nice guy too. Enjoy your new game!

-Mike

#6 10 years ago

Hey congrats Chris. Wish I could have let go of mine-but it is staying

Thank you and no problem whatsoever! Yours is beautiful and I completely understand wanting to hang on to it.

Congrats Chris...its a great game and everyone who comes over loves it. And when tricked out with frosted and colored LED's it really sets a tone for the rest of the collection to match.

I would love to see some photos if you have the time to take and post them. I am strongly considering adding LEDs to the one I purchased (which is stock with the incandescent lights). I am not sure if one of Cointaker's complete kits is the way to go or if I should add them piecemeal.

Incidentally, this is the machine that really got me interested in owning an Elvis, found at a little ice cream shop in Pacific Grove, CA:

photo.JPGphoto.JPG

#7 10 years ago

Congrats and a gold, good luck

Mark

#8 10 years ago

Congrats!
Nice looking machine.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Kurisu:

Thank you and no problem whatsoever! Yours is beautiful and I completely understand wanting to hang on to it.

I would love to see some photos if you have the time to take and post them. I am strongly considering adding LEDs to the one I purchased (which is stock with the incandescent lights). I am not sure if one of Cointaker's complete kits is the way to go or if I should add them piecemeal.
Incidentally, this is the machine that really got me interested in owning an Elvis, found at a little ice cream shop in Pacific Grove, CA:

I can get a photo up later today. I'd recommend against the "kits". Just buy what you want. I know the biggest difference in mine came from using the pink frosted LEDs in the GI of the lower part of the playfield, and red frosted nearer the top as well as Cointakers premium (no ghost) under every insert. The white rubbers made it look much better too.

#10 10 years ago

If I were to do LED's I would build my own kit and call Melissa at Coin-Takers. For some reason I am liking my Elvis with stock bulbs-kinda gives it the old-school feeling. I am ordering up some gold mirror blades and was thinking about gold balls-but they are too expensive. They are like $15.00ea. instead of usual $1.00-$1.50. Can you say cheapskate-LOL

#11 10 years ago

Congrats on your Elvis purchase.

I really love my Elvis... played many games on it last night. I added an external sub. WOW! it really makes this game come alive. Highly recommend a speaker upgrade of some type on Elvis.

#12 10 years ago

Great looking pin! There was one on Pinside, I believe for 3K and I was really thinking about it. (it would go well with Predator)

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Great looking pin! There was one on Pinside, I believe for 3K and I was really thinking about it. (it would go well with Predator)

Ted - you want every pin "-)

#14 10 years ago

I still wanna play yours....

#15 10 years ago

soon - i promise

#16 10 years ago

I think the Pinster is gonna have a Pinbash/cigarfest soon....

#17 10 years ago

Lets see if I can add a pic......

004.JPG004.JPG

#18 10 years ago

one down, two to go...

009.JPG009.JPG

#19 10 years ago

And the last one. Sorry I had to do them separate, thats the way my pics got filed. You can see the slight tint of the pink frosted domed CT LEDs. At the top are some of the same in red under the plastics, and the CT premiums under all the inserts.

010.JPG010.JPG

#20 10 years ago

Thanks for the photos, the LEDs look terrific! I am so excited to get mine, hopefully on Monday. The LEDs I put in my previous machines were exclusively white (trying to keep the incandescent look as much as possible). I have no experience with colored LEDs but from what I've seen the newer Stern machines can look great with them if done right. I have also seen some backbox LED mods for Elvis that look awesome; Cointaker has one and there is also one from Arcade Upkeep (anybody tried either?).

#21 10 years ago

To try to keep the incandescent look under the clear inserts I use the CT warm retros. They are darn near a match to the incandescent color.

#22 10 years ago

Nice !

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

To try to keep the incandescent look under the clear inserts I use the CT warm retros. They are darn near a match to the incandescent color.

I used the warm retros in my Bally Strikes and Spares which looked great in some places but when used under plastics they cast a "ring." So I used a mix of the retros and the warm frosted. However, I used the retros under the plastics in my Gottlieb EM and they did not cast a ring, for whatever reason (better quality plastics?). The retros do look great in areas where the bulbs are clearly visible. I will wait and see. I am not going to be in a big hurry to convert my Elvis, I want to play it for a while before I start making any changes.

#24 10 years ago

Man, I dunno if I'd LED Elvis. It's just got a great old school feel with the incandescents, and those blue inserts are a kind of aqua color that no color match attempt at making LED is going to improve. Plus is has those exposed bulbs on the left that aren't going to look half as good as LEDs or match if you only leave those.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Man, I dunno if I'd LED Elvis. It's just got a great old school feel with the incandescents, and those blue inserts are a kind of aqua color that no color match attempt at making LED is going to improve. Plus is has those exposed bulbs on the left that aren't going to look half as good as LEDs or match if you only leave those.

I don't know. There are colors you can try like green, cyan, and cool white before I'd say you CAN'T match the color with LEDs.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-elvis-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.