Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by wbradley
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I'd like to replace the DMD in my RCT, its a Dot Matrix 128 x 32 and the machine is STERN but I believe these displays are universal.

Let me know what you have and how much you want.

#2 11 years ago

All vendors sell them, MAD I believe being the cheapest. Unless you want to pay less for one with issues, go new from a vendor.

#3 11 years ago

Do they still manufacture gas plasma DMDs? Or are they NOS?

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Do they still manufacture these? Or are they NOS?

Still being MFD.

#5 11 years ago

Yah, I'm looking for someone's "spare" or "extra" one that they'd sell me for less than retail... Maybe its wishful thinking. MAD's website says they are closed until May...

Thanks guys!

#6 11 years ago

Pinball life has got them for $130-140ish. (I think)

It will probably be tough to find one. Unless someone just bought a new color DMD for AFM. BUT, chances are that they'd want to keep it anyway and save it for when they need it themselves.

Good luck, sir!

#7 11 years ago

I have one with one dot out but I'm in Canada so it might be better to find local or order from Terry @ Pballlife

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

Yah, I'm looking for someone's "spare" or "extra" one that they'd sell me for less than retail... Maybe its wishful thinking. MAD's website says they are closed until May...
Thanks guys!

No offense, but it sort of is wishful thinking. The only thing that you will most likely be offered are dmds that are outgassing, or if you get lucky, dmds with lines out (usually fixable). Even if you are offered those, you are looking at 50-60 each. Outgassing dmds will put stress on your high voltage section, and then you will be looking for a DMD and components to fix your high voltage section.

I recently bit the bullet on a couple of displays (bought 3 from Terry at PinballLife), but in the end, it is the way to go, as they are warrantied and will probably the last dmd you purchase for your game.

Good luck on your search.

#9 11 years ago

Thanks Ralph, I'm looking at the same methods. I've contacted Terry @ PBL and a couple other vendors. New may be the way to go. I'm looking to slow the bleeding a bit on pinball parts ... but I'm learning thats not realistic.

thank you all for the prompt replies. This site is great for that! \m/ \m/ rock on.

#10 11 years ago

I'm replacing one in my FT that has the top line out if you're just looking for something to make it work.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

I'm replacing one in my FT that has the top line out if you're just looking for something to make it work.

I thought that if there was a line out, that a new resistor/diode or epoxy on a bad pin would fix that.

Robert

#12 11 years ago

I have repaired DMDs with a line out a few times. If you aren't experienced with it, might just be better to get a new one. That is, unless the game has little/no value.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Nashua, NH
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 18.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-dot-matrix-128-x-32-display and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.