You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

216154.jpg
version3.jpg
version2.jpg
version1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snaroff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

Thank you all very much. I know about the leg levelers being all the way down in back on this game but during multiball they still get stuck. I just read in another thread that said to try and unwrap the shooter coil 50-60 windings to make it stronger. Hope this works.
Thanks again.

It's unlikely to solve the problem (I have the Rev B, long, stainless wireform that places the ball in the upper PF). I put a stronger coil in mine and it works better, but still not a total solution. I've greatly reduced this problem on mine to the point where it rarely effects gameplay. I did the following:

- Implemented Service Bulletin #64 that lowers the wireform by 1" IIRC. Unfortunately, Stern just reorganized their website and this bulletin seems to have be dropped. Use to be @ http://www.sternpinball.com/downloads/sb64.pdf.

- Moved the shooter lane switch closer to where the ball rests. This enables the plunger to strike the ball at the optimum distance. If it fires too soon, the ball won't get a good hit.

- Installed a stronger coil. To be honest, the previous 2 were more effective, but the stronger coil doesn't hurt.

Seems like the software is partly responsible for the inconsistency. Sometimes the ball flies across the wireform, sometimes not. Clearly a half-baked design, since they came out with 3 different wireforms!

Oh well, still a great game…despite it's quirks.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

The issue really boils down to a design flaw: There should have been a switch at the part of the ramp after the peak that let the ball know it cleared.

That would certainly fix the "back up" issue, but I'd prefer a solution where the ball always makes it up the ramp. For example, the STTNG catapult works great without such a switch (and likely requires more velocity than the GNR ramp).

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So was this something that came with the machine from the factory, or was it switched out after the fact?

Switched out after the fact...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snaroff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-des-upgraded-guns-n-roses-shooter-ramp?tu=snaroff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.