You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

216154.jpg
version3.jpg
version2.jpg
version1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dsuperbee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

That would make the game unreasonably slow.

No it does not. The game leg mount holes were made to set the game at 6.5", no adjustment needed except to level the game.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

It's unlikely to solve the problem (I have the Rev B, long, stainless wireform that places the ball in the upper PF). I put a stronger coil in mine and it works better, but still not a total solution. I've greatly reduced this problem on mine to the point where it rarely effects gameplay. I did the following:
- Implemented Service Bulletin #64 that lowers the wireform by 1" IIRC. Unfortunately, Stern just reorganized their website and this bulletin seems to have be dropped. Use to be @ http://www.sternpinball.com/downloads/sb64.pdf.
- Moved the shooter lane switch closer to where the ball rests. This enables the plunger to strike the ball at the optimum distance. If it fires too soon, the ball won't get a good hit.
- Installed a stronger coil. To be honest, the previous 2 were more effective, but the stronger coil doesn't hurt.
Seems like the software is partly responsible for the inconsistency. Sometimes the ball flies across the wireform, sometimes not. Clearly a half-baked design, since they came out with 3 different wireforms!
Oh well, still a great game…despite it's quirks.

The issue really boils down to a design flaw: There should have been a switch at the part of the ramp after the peak that let the ball know it cleared.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

I agree with Markmon on this. All my games are high in the back low in the front. If there is any function in the game that does not work like this then there is an issue for me.

I measured the degrees on my GnR with the leg levelers flat, and it came out to 6.873 degrees, so slightly steeper than the 6.5 that it should be. Maybe my back holes are a little higher than normal?

Either way, I like how it plays, and it sure doesn't play slow, nor does the ball seem to lazily move as it does when the slope is below the 6.5 games are designed for.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dsuperbee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-des-upgraded-guns-n-roses-shooter-ramp?tu=dsuperbee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.