(Topic ID: 54983)

WTB: Demolition Man/Terminator 2 (Central Pa.)

By Carl_694

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Choggard
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Hey all,
Live in Central Pa. and looking to add a second pin to the collection. Hoping to find a T2 or Demolition Man in good condition. Not necessarily looking for a collector pin, but not looking for a major project, either. Please PM me if you have one available. Prefer not to ship, so hoping to find one within a reasonable driving distance.

#2 6 years ago

I'm from York as well and it looks like you maybe relatively new to Pinside so welcome. I had a Demolition Man and sold it about 6 months ago. Good luck with your efforts as either of those games are a lot of fun. I'll keep an eye out for you as we'll.

#3 6 years ago

Thanks! Trying to get a small collection together on a reasonable budget. Too bad I missed on your Demo man! There's one FS in Baltimore but I won't pay/can't afford $2700 for it. Did you get a reasonable price on yours (if you don't mind me asking)?

#4 6 years ago

Will keep a look out too. Been trying to trade (or sell) my SWE1 for a Demo Man but doesn't seem to be any around right now for sale.

#5 6 years ago

There is/was one for sale in Northern Virginia (Fairfax), on location at the Fairfax Ice Rink for $1700. Would be about a 2 hour drive for you. The CL post comes and goes, looks down now, but I'd be surprised if it's sold. I can swing by and see if it's still there and get the operator number if you like. Was in clean condition, but had some issues with the claw not working intermittently.

#6 6 years ago

Thanks. That would be great. I would not be averse to the travel as my sister lives in Richmond. Probably wouldn't pay 1700 with claw probs but I assume they are negotiable. What is your estimate on value given its condition?

#7 6 years ago

DemoMan was my second pin. You're not gonna go wrong with that title. There's a lot to love about it. I initially thought that I'd play it for a bit and sell it, but I think it might be a keeper. Very cool of westofrome to check into that one for you!

Good luck with your search,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

#8 6 years ago

I actually just found the info saved in my RSS reader, so I'll PM you. Like I said, it was pretty clean otherwise, didn't see any broken plastics or significant playfield wear, DMD seemed good, cabinet about average. Maybe $1400-$1500?

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Carl_694:

Thanks! Trying to get a small collection together on a reasonable budget. Too bad I missed on your Demo man! There's one FS in Baltimore but I won't pay/can't afford $2700 for it. Did you get a reasonable price on yours (if you don't mind me asking)?

My pin the cabinet was a mess and the machine was an import so I left it go at a very low price. At that time I didn't know how to work on these things so I wasn't sure of the value. You should be able to find a decent one for around $1,800. They do pop up from time to time on here.

#10 6 years ago

There's one for sale here I think...I'll find the Thread...

#12 6 years ago

Hi Carl welcome to the site. I'm also from York. I just sold my DM about a month ago. Good luck in your search it's a cool game!

-Alex

#13 6 years ago

Thanks Alex. Too bad I missed yours. Spfxted: I put out a message on that thread, but can't pay $2200 for his machine. Maybe he is more negotiable now...

#14 6 years ago

Here is one for $1,600
ebay.com link » Terminator 2 Pinball Machine By Williams Great Condition
...oh, there is a reserve. Maybe make an offer...

#15 6 years ago

I watched that one in the last auction and it never met reserve. Think it's pretty high.

#16 6 years ago

Ok. It said Must Sell, so I thought he might come down some....No rush...there are T2's out there...

#17 6 years ago

Bump. Open to machines in nearby states if available.

#18 6 years ago

Weekend bump. Still lookin'

#19 6 years ago

So I could use some opinions: got a line on a Demo Man for 1800 unshopped. It would be from one of the smaller outfits that flip units, but before flipping. I do not know cosmetic condition but I assume it's OK based on hearing this guy is pretty selective. Guy says he will verify the thing is in 100 percent mechanically working order before providing to me. Is that reasonable?

#20 6 years ago

It may not be out of line depending on condition. Those are the things you need to determine.

#21 6 years ago

Yeah, it's really a question of how patient you want to be. There was one here in Ohio for around $1600 a couple months back, that I believe was fully working.

For what it's worth, Judge Dredd is another great game in a similar price range (maybe slightly more expensive)

#22 6 years ago

Just traded my Demo-man and T2.. I had it for sale on here for a couple weeks.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside