Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by FromTheCrypt
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I am looking to buy a Williams Defender and an Alvin G Mystery Castle pinball machine.

Please let me know if you have any of those for sale.

Thanks, Chris

#2 5 years ago

Bump, I know it's a long shot but let me know if you have something.

#3 5 years ago

There is a Defender in the MarketPlace for (Gulp) $3200

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainFantastic:

There is a Defender in the MarketPlace for (Gulp) $3200

Thank you! I did see that as well.......gulp is right!

2 weeks later
#5 5 years ago

Bump for good times!

#6 5 years ago

Defender is extremely rare, sadly enough it will probably take the above price to get your hands on one.

#7 5 years ago

MC is even more rare. Most of the 200 built went overseas. A very cool pin, last I saw for sale was $4k. Anything Alvin G. Is going up in value as folks are just now discovering the brand. Bol~SpOoKy

1 week later
#8 5 years ago

Bump.

#9 5 years ago

I am still searching for both, please let me know if you have a lead.

Thanks, Chris

3 weeks later
#10 5 years ago

Bumpage

#11 5 years ago

GL on the search...free bump

2 weeks later
#12 5 years ago

Thanks Billy.......I am still searching for both titles.

3 weeks later
#13 5 years ago

Bump for the April crowd!

4 weeks later
#14 5 years ago

Back to the top for a long going search

#15 5 years ago

It took me a very long time to find a Mystery Castle. I have had the flyer since 1993 and it took 20 years to get the pin.

#16 5 years ago

Thanks Todd!

#17 5 years ago

I'm just getting acquainted to Mystery Castle recently on my mame video pin games. Of course I really would love to get my hands on this pin but realize its probably not going to happen. Whats the chances this pin will ever get re-made?It seems like such a creepy cool pin just wondering if someone would ever consider doing a re-make.It seems like its ratings should be higher and given that I'm guessing its not getting enough love to even be considered. Shame

3 months later
#18 5 years ago

Anyone tired of theirs or have a lead for me?

#19 5 years ago

My old Defender was back on EBAY a couple of weeks ago...don't know if it sold or not.

#20 5 years ago

My old Defender was back on EBAY a couple of weeks ago...don't know if it sold or not.

It didn't sell, he wanted 3,500.00 for it. To much for this game in my eyes. I'd like to have one but not paying 3,500.00. I'd rather put 3,500.00 toward a ( refake). Ed

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from bonzo442:

I'm just getting acquainted to Mystery Castle recently on my mame video pin games. Of course I really would love to get my hands on this pin but realize its probably not going to happen. Whats the chances this pin will ever get re-made?It seems like such a creepy cool pin just wondering if someone would ever consider doing a re-make.It seems like its ratings should be higher and given that I'm guessing its not getting enough love to even be considered. Shame

Sadly, it will never be re-made. Hopefully we will see some repro plastics someday though. They're definitely needed!

At least there's a chance that another extremely rare Alvin G game might get re-made: Slam 'N Jam. Fingers crossed!

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

It didn't sell, he wanted 3,500.00 for it. To much for this game in my eyes. I'd like to have one but not paying 3,500.00. I'd rather put 3,500.00 toward a ( refake). Ed

He paid around 3200 so after EBAY takes their 250 cut he wasn't making any money on it really. Don't think your gonna steal one anytime soon.

#24 5 years ago

CPR has about 91 sets of the Defender Plastic Sets left...not sure where your getting your info.

Um, Bonzo and I are talking about Mystery Castle. Read again.

#25 5 years ago

He paid around 3200 so after EBAY takes their 250 cut he wasn't making any money on it really. Don't think your gonna steal one anytime soon.

Just missed one in good shape and working for 1,400.00 that a member on here beat me to it. Ed

#26 5 years ago

What is a Mystery Castle selling for these days?

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

What is a Mystery Castle selling for these days?

Some have been changing hands recently for $3500-$4000. A little less if they aren't real nice. They have shot up a lot over the years!

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

Just missed one in good shape and working for 1,400.00 that a member on here beat me to it. Ed

Funny...that's what I paid for mine but it needed serious artwork restoration in the bonus area.

#29 5 years ago

that's what she said

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

Some have been changing hands recently for $3500-$4000. A little less if they aren't real nice. They have shot up a lot over the years!

Matt your right on the money as far as prices. I'm in the process of a deal on a non-working MC right now. Its in pretty good shape overall just needs a board repair amongst a few other things. Not sure yet how much restore to put into it. Finally a MC in the house!

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

Honestly, higher. I have brought my decent, working one to the MGC the past two years, and I have had at least five people a year offer me $4500 or more for it. With how few of them there are, that is a significant amount of people willing to pay more for them.

#32 5 years ago

A really cherry MC sold for $6100 on eBay a while back.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Honestly, higher. I have brought my decent, working one to the MGC the past two years, and I have had at least five people a year offer me $4500 or more for it. With how few of them there are, that is a significant amount of people willing to pay more for them.

Yeah, there are always ones that go higher (the one that Brian mentions above is a good example), but the majority of them lately are in the other range.

I also get offers every now and then above 4K, but it's not going anywhere, of course!

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from bonzo442:

Matt your right on the money as far as prices. I'm in the process of a deal on a non-working MC right now. Its in pretty good shape overall just needs a board repair amongst a few other things. Not sure yet how much restore to put into it. Finally a MC in the house!

Cool! I hope you bring it home!

Let me know if you need any help with anything, and please send me the serial number for my log book when you get a chance. Also, let me know if it's a solid black cabinet or if it's the white speckled version. Thanks.

#35 5 years ago

Thanks Matt much appreciated. Serial number 3463 speckled cab. It will be a while before I get my hands on it as I'm having it restored to working condition by Keller (3rd rom installed) good shop job. My biggest challenge now is figuring out how much resto I'm going to put into this. With a game like this I might go all in IDK. Money tight, should I sell another child to pay for this one? I know there has been threads on this before but all input is welcome.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from bonzo442:

Thanks Matt much appreciated. Serial number 3463 speckled cab. It will be a while before I get my hands on it as I'm having it restored to working condition by Keller (3rd rom installed) good shop job. My biggest challenge now is figuring out how much resto I'm going to put into this. With a game like this I might go all in IDK. Money tight, should I sell another child to pay for this one? I know there has been threads on this before but all input is welcome.

Thanks for the number. I did have it already, and it looks like it used to be owned by Dan L. Not that I need names attached to these numbers, but on the ones that do have them, it's nice to be able to update things as these change hands!

As far as putting money into it, it's hard to say where to stop. I'd have to see pics to know how far I'd go. I've never been one to put a fortune into a game, but then again, I can't afford to do stuff like that. I'd love to see some pics of the base game if you can get any. Shoot me a PM for my email address if you'd like.

1 month later
#37 4 years ago

bump, still looking for both.

5 months later
#39 4 years ago

I have this pinball located in Lombard IL in good condition working but needs new rubber, a ramp has a small crack in it by the stopper and the stopper on the ramp has been heavily worn down (very common from what I've seen). Small dent in the plastic by the left speaker and the thing that shoots the ball sometimes comes out of the hole but hasn't as of late. Some pictures in my profile to see, I can provide more upon request. I know this is super rare and worth a good penny especially in this condition so please serious inquiries only. Thanks!

#40 4 years ago

#41 4 years ago

Loading more pictures to my profile very soon stay tuned.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside