IMG_6226.JPG
IMG_6220.JPG
IMG_6218.JPG
IMG_6230.JPG
IMG_6229.JPG
IMG_6228.JPG
Torpedo Alley translite.jpg
#1 10 years ago

I know it's a long shot, but looking for a Data East Torpedo Alley. I am in Wisconsin, but travel well and shipping is possible. Figured someone might have one layring around somewhere that does not get any love.

My Dad was in the Navy and his ship supplied submarines in the Atlantic so I've always been fascinated with them. Thanks!

#2 10 years ago

Hell of a good game, always liked this one. One of Data East's best. Believe someone was selling one on here not too long ago, might want to do a search and see if it's still available. As I'm sure you know, cave plastics are almost always broken and at this point are unobtanium...

#3 10 years ago

I've always wanted to play one. You gotta love the translite. Good luck with your search!

Torpedo Alley translite.jpgTorpedo Alley translite.jpg
#4 10 years ago

Hello, Well I actually have a Torpedo Alley for sale. The game is in amazing condition. Almost perfect play field and the cabinet is great for it's age. The problem is that I live in Avon, Ct. 06001 and I am leaving for my Florida house on Sunday so even if you wanted it I couldn't get it shipped for you in that amount of time. I want a firm $2000 for the game so if you are interested let me know and send me your email address and I can forward you the photos.

Best regards,
Paul GoldenbergIMG_6227.JPGIMG_6227.JPGIMG_6226.JPGIMG_6226.JPGIMG_6220.JPGIMG_6220.JPGIMG_6218.JPGIMG_6218.JPGIMG_6230.JPGIMG_6230.JPGIMG_6229.JPGIMG_6229.JPGIMG_6228.JPGIMG_6228.JPG

#5 10 years ago

I didn't realize that I could upload the photos right here so here you go. Sorry for the Jokerz photo.

Paul G.

#6 10 years ago

Hi Paul -

PM sent. Thanks.

#7 10 years ago

I always liked the theme on this one as well and it looks like it has some interesting shots. Unlike many, I actually dig the translite, I just wish the dude wasn't on it.

#8 10 years ago

That is a NICE Torpedo Alley!!!!

#9 10 years ago

You accidentally got a photo of Jokerz! in there ...

#10 10 years ago

I believe you just "sparks" interest in a very cool game that may have been off the radar.
Classic theme. Love it. Good luck!

#11 10 years ago

I blew a chance to get a working one of these for $700 last year.
One of many pinball regrets.

This market sure does change like the wind.....

#12 10 years ago

And a machine has been secured, as well as maybe another one!

Thanks to all - might bring this one to the events around the WI area because of how rare and in prime condition it is.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

And a machine has been secured, as well as maybe another one!
Thanks to all - might bring this one to the events around the WI area because of how rare and in prime condition it is.

I was a little afraid for a moment you would only be buying one machine. If you only bought two, you are exhibiting some signs of self control though.... So now, you are telling your wife that these games you are buying are "for your dad".... How long until she catches on?

Just having some fun with you, congrats on your purchase. I played one of these at Expo a few years ago and really had a good time on it. Nice Pickup!

#14 10 years ago

I haven't seen one of those in 10 years - congrats Mark!

Are you sure you didn't want it because the guy on the translite looks just like you?

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

So now, you are telling your wife that these games you are buying are "for your dad".... How long until she catches on?

It's all for the boy - ....

Yeah - the kid bit is a getting a little worn out since they are starting to turn against me and agree with Mom that we have no more room. So figured since my ol' man is retired and slowing down a bit, time to shift tactics...it's where the rubber meets the road.

I'm selling a few, I swear. I have been looing for this one for awhile - at least I do play them - so I'm not a horder right?

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from pinball4ever:

I haven't seen one of those in 10 years - congrats Mark!
Are you sure you didn't want it because the guy on the translite looks just like you?

I am not going to lie, - I'm infatuated with the blonde on the left. If i see O'Connor at Expo ever again I'm going to force him to tell me what modeling agency they used.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I am not going to lie, - I'm infatuated with the blonde on the left. If i see O'Connor at Expo ever again I'm going to force him to tell me what modeling agency they used.

I wasn't in the Navy, but I'm pretty sure those weren't the standard Navy uniforms in 1988 - but your Dad can probably verify for sure.

Seriously, that translite is genius. You couldn't replicate its beauty it if you tried.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

so I'm not a horder right?

You only have to answer one question... Without cheating, name all of the games folded up in the spare bedroom.... And GO!

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

You only have to answer one question... Without cheating, name all of the games folded up in the spare bedroom.... And GO!

I can do that for I go in there on some Friday nights, turn on the lights, drink my beer and just stare at them for awhile.

I'll have space for these two once I rip out that bathroom in the corner of our basement.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from PinWizard:

Hello, Well I actually have a Torpedo Alley for sale. The game is in amazing condition. Almost perfect play field and the cabinet is great for it's age. The problem is that I live in Avon, Ct. 06001 and I am leaving for my Florida house on Sunday so even if you wanted it I couldn't get it shipped for you in that amount of time. I want a firm $2000 for the game so if you are interested let me know and send me your email address and I can forward you the photos.
Best regards,Paul Goldenberg

that's my old game i sold paul a few months ago - he didn't mention the displays have been updated also - the game is in great shape. it was tought to let go - but i had it many many years. they are hard to find - and almost impossible to find in that shape.

thanks ed

IMG_6228.JPG 464 KB
IMG_6229.JPG 493 KB
IMG_6230.JPG 379 KB
IMG_6218.JPG 218 KB
IMG_6220.JPG 356 KB
IMG_6226.JPG 222 KB
IMG_6227.JPG 261 KB

#21 10 years ago

Looks like a fun game!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-de-torpedo-alley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.