You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-492.jpg
image-456.jpg
image-813.jpg
#1 10 years ago

I believe this is also known as the boot chip. I have a Last Action Hero that is out of action - does not boot. Two different boards using the same chips have the same problem. I want to swap out the HY6264 chip and see if that works. Does anyone know where I can purchase one? Thanks!

#2 10 years ago

Silly me they are all over eBay.

#4 10 years ago

Looks like Ed at GPE has them too...

(not sure about timing of the chip you have, or if it is critical)

https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=6264LP-70

#5 10 years ago

I would stay away from eBay and go with the sure thing... Ed at GPE

Although buying on eBay from a US buyer for chips is safer than the Chinese sellers.

#6 10 years ago

That's a standard, low power 6264.
If it's a battery backed version - there's the Anypin board which negates the battery requirement.
If it's not a battery backed version - use a standard low power 6264 as found here (6264LP-70):
https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/products.asp?cat=22

Ed

#7 10 years ago

Thanks... I ordered three of those.

1 week later
#8 9 years ago

Followup - the chips from Great Plains did NOT work. The chip from eBay worked great! LAH is up and running.

#9 9 years ago

Curious as to why my 6264 didn't work. I only sell genuine stuff ... and ebay normally sells the fake stuff.

Ed

#10 9 years ago

Take a pic of all three chips, the original, the ebay and Ed's? Maybe there is something missing?

#11 9 years ago

Yeah, sounds backwards. You sure the GPE chip isn't the one that worked? Never had any issues with Ed's stuff?

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

Yeah, sounds backwards. You sure the GPE chip isn't the one that worked? Never had any issues with Ed's stuff?

Yes, I'm sure. I ordered three from Great Plains and they all look alike. The one that was in the board said Hyundai on it and the eBay one looked different too. In fairness, I only tried one of the Great Plains chips and then moved directly to the eBay chip. The game wouldn't boot with the old chip or GPE chip. But it booted up just fine with the eBay chip.

I am glad to finally have that game back in action.

#13 9 years ago

The first picture has two of the three GPE chips and the old chip. The second two pictures are of the eBay chip in the game. The third GPE chip is not pictured. It is just like the other two.

image-813.jpgimage-813.jpg image-456.jpgimage-456.jpg image-492.jpgimage-492.jpg
#14 9 years ago

I don't doubt for a second that Ed will make things right if the ICs are bad.

In the future, anyPin NVRAM Battery Eliminator works great in DE games to replace the 6264 RAM, and you'll never need batteries again.

www.LockWhenLit.com/anyPin.htm

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#15 9 years ago

RAM chips like these seem to have the highest failure rate of all ICs. I find bad SRAM chips occasionally in NOS factory tubes. Might of just had a single bad one, it happens. These things are more static sensitive than other ICs as well. Maybe it got zapped somewhere along the way before it made it into your board.

No worries when buying from GPE. Be careful on eBay though. I get a lot of stuff on eBay and it works 99% of the time, but they are often recycled and refurbed including a new imprint on top. Some times i wonder if they really match up the right speeds, low / high power, wide/narrow, etc.

#16 9 years ago

You should try the other chips

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from KenH:

You should try the other chips

I'm good for now. The chip works, the game works... if it ain't broke...

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

I'm good for now. The chip works, the game works... if it ain't broke...

but... but... the curiousity of not knowing is gonna kill us!!!

(glad you're up & running)

#19 9 years ago

Yea, try the other two GPE Chips. Should take you all of 5 minutes to check.

#20 9 years ago

Glad you got her up and running mr stack

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
Slap Save Creations

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-de-chip-hy6264 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.