New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 112384)

WTB: DE apron screw

By purrep

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by purrep
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

de_screw.jpg

#1 5 years ago

Looking for the screw that secures the apron to the playfield on DataEast machines.
Haven't seen it for sale on any of the regular places.

Does anyone have a spare for sale or maybe know where to find it?

DE Apron screw

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from purrep:

Looking for the screw that secures the apron to the playfield on DataEast machines.
Haven't seen it for sale on any of the regular places.
Does anyone have a spare for sale or maybe know where to find it?
DE Apron screw

Lowes or Homo Depot

de_screw.jpg 47 KB

#3 5 years ago

Unfortunately he is from Sweden so it might be hard for him to get them at the local hardware store.

#4 5 years ago

The official DE apron screw spec:

#10-24 x 2-1/4 Machine Screw Phillips Flat Head

(yours pictured is a slotted screw, but DE used Phillips in every example I've personally seen)

Be warned, the 2-1/4 length of these screws are harder to find in online hardware stores. However, you can find plenty of 2-1/2 inch versions, which will work just as well. Even if they didn't, a simple hacksaw job to remove the last 1/4 inch is easy.

Side anecdote: Home Depot twice failed to fill my order properly for these screws. Their order filling department is run by people that see the words "Flat Head" and think that means "Slotted". So twice I had to complain and demand a refund when they sent me slotted screws.

#5 5 years ago

I've seen slotted screws used on a DE apron, but don't know if they were stock or not

#6 5 years ago

Yeah it may be game-specific whether they used slotted or Phillips. I know all R&B machines used Phillips.

At any rate, both types are widely available on the Internet.

2 weeks later
#7 5 years ago

Thanks guys!
As mentioned it is quite hard get hold of screws/nuts in non-metric measures in stores in Sweden but I'll look in to US webstores now that you have given me the correct spec

/p

#8 5 years ago

You have a PM

3 weeks later
#9 5 years ago

A quick follow up:
Found a US store that shipped overseas and had the 2-1/2 inch philips screw, bought a bag of them and they fitted perfectly!

Thanks for your help!

/p

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside