(Topic ID: 1528)

WTB: Data East Power Supply BD.

By perryd

13 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brokedad.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 13 years ago

Pinscore is making one. It's not currently in stock at marcospecialties but you might check into it if you don't want the LM317,LM337 ones. (I have no idea what parts it uses and could be just the same).

It's part number DJ-DEDMD

I can't find a picture of it. I'm sure marcospecialties or pinscore could send you detailed info.

I could design one using an old EL34 or EN34 vacuum tube .. hehehe .. those would never burn out

#12 13 years ago

I looked up one other replacement board brand and could see it also used the same parts (LM317 and LM337). I've been a senior electronics tech for 25 years. They are pushing these components past their design limits. So like mentioned it doesn't take much to make them fail. I'm sure they will mention they are fuse protected but even then the parts get stressed before the fuse blows even if it's a fast acting one. Why do they use them ? Because the older parts are obsolete and hard to find. Also designing a more robust board can price them out of the cheapo competition.

Check on a getting info etc on the pinscore replacement. They are normally designed with options that require you to do no rewiring etc.

You could also fix your current board. Check these suppliers for those old obsolete parts needed:

www.greatplainselectronics.com (mentioned first out of courtesy)
    www.jameco.com
    www.newark.com
    www.mouser.com

If you don't see what you need give them a call. They often can find it. I've gotten many so called obsolete no longer available parts from these places. We have also used them at work as much of the equipment we repair is old and the owners don't have the budget to buy new.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brokedad.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-data-east-power-supply-bd?tu=brokedad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.