(Topic ID: 60710)

WTB: Data east magnet board -----bought!

By kvan99

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

stnmcb02a.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Hi I was wondering if anyone has an extra magnet board also known as AUX drive board PN: 520-5068-00 they want to sell...Please let me know...thx
kam

#3 10 years ago

Hi Kam,

These are available from GLM.

It's not currently linked on the product page (I haven't had a chance to upload pictures of it) but they have been available for quite some time now.

These include more powerful magnet drivers, so expect games like GNR's to throw the ball around a bit more strongly than with the original factory board.

$55 plus shipping.

Thanks,

Tony

PS. The GLM board is on the left.
stnmcb02a.jpgstnmcb02a.jpg

#4 10 years ago

Great thanks tony...money sent.

Thanks LTG: what's your experience with the magnets on LAH, do the mag coils ever fail? one of the 3 is not working...I moved it to the known working position and no joy...

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Great thanks tony...money sent.
Thanks LTG: what's your experience with the magnets on LAH, do the mag coils ever fail? one of the 3 is not working...I moved it to the known working position and no joy...

Anything can fail.

Check it with a meter, ohms, and see how it compares to the other two magnets.

LTG : )

#6 10 years ago

Just as in testing a solenoid coil, measure the coil resistance and compare with a known working coil. Isolate the coils from the driver circuit before measuring. Generally the magnet coils outlast the driving circuit components. You may have a connector problem on the driver board -- cracked around the pins. Try a reflow of the connectors.

#7 10 years ago

Thanks yeah...I definitely think the board is fried in a weird way, the good magnet is not testing now. I think the board is the issue. I'll wait for the new board from Tony....

#8 10 years ago

Just a note to say thanks GLM, what a high quality board....fast shipping too! Tony is Grrrreat.

#9 10 years ago

Nice you have a new magnet driver board. Did it fix all your magnet problems?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-data-east-magnet-board- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.